Thread: Alex Rims DP20

mtbr member

Alex Rims DP20

Anyone ride these? My Bontrager rim was badly bent, I got it trued but it was never the same after that. The guy at the LBS sold my a DP20 for $40, free labor, said it'd be a lot stronger than the single walled Bontrager rim. So far, the things a haas and has been holding up like a champ. I still have the stock rim on front, I want to try building a rim soon and figured that'd be a good time to try it out and see how it goes. I ride easy, but at times take small drops and descents, every once in a while get a bit too over zealous with my weight and such, but after 18 miles yesterday, my first black trail, and 370 pounds, so far so good, not even the slightest bend in the rim.

Former Bike Wrench
    It's not a beast but a solid 27mm disc rim. That said, at your weight I would recommend a much beefier rim like a Sun MTX33 which still retails for under $50

mtbr member
    I do definitely want to look for a beefier rim in a little bit, I was looking at the Sun Rhyno, but the Sun MTX33 looks good to me too. I'm thinking of buying everything my self, and having a LBS put it together for me.