mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Aftermarket shock service/valving for clydes

Has anyone had success getting improved shock performance on an air shock by having one of the aftermarket companies (like PUSH) revalve their existing air spring shock?
    I've got fuel EX-9 with the ReActiv shock on it.
    I am running it at max pressure and have added a volume reducer which helped the support, but I still end up running the shock in the "firm" setting all the time, and still get more pedal bob than I feel like I should.

FYI, I'm about 275-280 geared up ready to ride.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I weigh right around 290. What year fuel? I've got a 2017 Ex 8 with the non reactiv shock, but I just ordered the fox factory version from the EX 9.9. I was hoping that stepping up would help a little but it doesn't sound like it will. I was researching the push service options last week and it didn't look like they worked on the evol models. I'll call them tomorrow and get more info. What kind of riding do you do?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by luke.moore View Post
    I weigh right around 290. What year fuel? I've got a 2017 Ex 8 with the non reactiv shock, but I just ordered the fox factory version from the EX 9.9. I was hoping that stepping up would help a little but it doesn't sound like it will. I was researching the push service options last week and it didn't look like they worked on the evol models. I'll call them tomorrow and get more info. What kind of riding do you do?
    My bike is a '16 model. I e-mailed Push, and you are correct, they do not offer any service options for the EVOL shocks. There was another company out of Colorado that had some stuff on their web-site about modifying that shock. It's been a couple months, but I think I tried to contact them and they never got back to me...
    As far as the type of riding I do, it's a mix of all sorts of stuff from pretty buff flow trails to very rocky stuff in the George Washington national forest. Most of our Local trails have less than 3-400 ft of total elevation difference in them, but within an hour or so, there are 5 mile/2500ft climbs (in the GW).

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Some kind of coil over would work? Check out lenz sports and zinn bikes for bigger guys.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    Some kind of coil over would work? Check out lenz sports and zinn bikes for bigger guys.
    Unfortunately, the fuel ex has an oddball shock length. I don't think anyone else has a replacement.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Avalanche Downhill Racing. I'm 220 and Craig did wonders with my Float X for Yeti SB 5.5