mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Adjustable post clamps

Any clydes out there used An adjustable post with the single bolt clamp like the Joplin or Command Post?

Interested in trying one but a bit concerned that these clamps will wear out under my 260lb frame. I have bent 7mm rails on a WTB saddle, so upgraded to an 8mm model, could this also cause issues?

Any help is much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I weigh 250, recently down from 260+ and my bike came with/has a cheap GT take-off seat post with a WTB Pure V Saddle, it also has a single bolt QR post clamp.
    I have not had any real issue with it as of yet, ride 3-4 times weekly for over a month now. I do find that it takes a really good cranking on the QR post clamp to keep it in place. Sometimes adjusting further with a Allen wrench. I definitely do not have the pleasure of it being loose enough to lower or raise it while riding, I would pull myself off the bike getting the leverage to undo the QR...
    I do not have the specifics on the rails or anything on my saddle. But it is holding up.
    I hope that is what you were asking. FWIW.

sB

Tahoe Native

Kind Shock

I weigh about 215 now, but I was 245 and I have the KS900 adjustable seatpost. It has worked really well for me. When starts to creak, I give it a little lube and make sure all the bolts are tight.

-TB

mtbr member
    I'm about 240, no problems with the clamp on my Joplin (that one part is ok... the rest of the post not so much). My road bike has the same clamp mechanism, also no problems there.

I believe you will probably put less stress on the saddle rails and clamp with an adjustable clamp, since in the rough stuff, you'll probably put the seat down and won't be hitting the saddle.