Thread: which?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

which?

6'1"260 pounds,,ellsworth moment,santacruz heckler,chumba xcl?which one?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My preference would definately be the Santa Cruz!!

Former Bike Wrench
    First off, the Chumba EVO seems like the more comparable bike to the Ellsworth Moment and SC Heckler. And in my opinion is the best combination of ride quality (true FSR pivots) and value ($800 less than the Ellsworth). The Ellsworth is a super nice bike as well, and I have a buddy who absolutely loves his (he's about 100lbs less than you though) but they seem a hair overpriced. I've only ridden an older version of the Heckler and found it to be ok, but not awe inspiring. The bike in this category that I've ridden and really liked the most was the Foes FXR 2:1...one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden, and absolutely zero flex in the frame or swingarm (I'm 230lbs myself).

They all seem like good choices though

mtbr member
    I also like the Foes FXR, Great bike, from this four bikes it will be first choice and the Heckler in second.
    I would also check Lanz Sport Lev' (29er')

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy
    I also like the Foes FXR, Great bike, from this four bikes it will be first choice and the Heckler in second.
    I would also check Lanz Sport Lev' (29er')
    Now it's interesting you mention the leviathan. Why do I see that name pop up more than the behemoth? I thought the leviathan was more XC and the behemoth was more AM.

To answer the OP's question: ride them all first. Then go with the heckler. That's what I did.