Thread: 7 inches

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Smile 7 inches

i upgraded to juicy 7s on my epic.and installed a fox 100x terralogic. i used a 7 in. rotor up front and 6 at back,has anybody ran this set up on a xc ride? iknow alot talking about the chattering on the juicys,too lazy and heavy to check the old threads. i know too that they had to do a recall on the 04 enduros because of the 8 in. rotors.so,anyone with positive or negative expierirences with this set up.i'd be glad to hear 'bout it.me?i love the control, just not too fund of the chuttering.

ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have similar setup with Juicy 5's 7" front and 6" rear. Had it for a few months so far and I like the stopping power. Had a little squeking but not really chattering. I did have a problem with the front rotar alignment washers rubbing on the rotor. I sanded down the caliper adapter to move the caliper further away from the rotor and now it works great. The squeking has also lessened with time.

Chris

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

7" works great

Quote Originally Posted by thirdy lopez
    i upgraded to juicy 7s on my epic.and installed a fox 100x terralogic. i used a 7 in. rotor up front and 6 at back,has anybody ran this set up on a xc ride? iknow alot talking about the chattering on the juicys,too lazy and heavy to check the old threads. i know too that they had to do a recall on the 04 enduros because of the 8 in. rotors.so,anyone with positive or negative expierirences with this set up.i'd be glad to hear 'bout it.me?i love the control, just not too fund of the chuttering.

ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have XT brakes 7" f, 6" r on my Epic too, and they work great, I have the same setup on my SS but with BB7s. I think it is the right balance between power and modulation

Cheers,
    Cris