Underskilled

Which 29er fork?

Hi,

I am hopefully due to be buying the Niner RIP9 shortly but not sure which fork to get and would like a point of view from someone who weighs more than 15st (which I weighed at 15, right chubber)/

I have 3 contenders
    Rockshox reba
    Cheaper than the others,
    White brothers magic
    Has the longest travel
    White brothers fluid.
    has a fox style intelligent valve.

I mainly ride technical singletrak, only small drops at moment but hope to get to about 3' or fireroads FAST, when 30mph was pretty dam fast to me and everyone I was screaming fast.

My main concern about the above forks is performing at my weight and minimal flex (which is why I would go for solid axle if available).

The weight of the fork is unimportant, which is why I am excluding FOX's fork, as the weight is supposedly so low it affects performance.

My concern about the Reba is it does not perform as well as the WB.
    My concern on the magic is it might be an ultralight XC form, poor performance but a really light weight.
    So is the fluid any stronger, or is its performance the same just longer travel without the IMV valve.

What do you reccomend my friends?

Thanks x

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Well

Cave dude from what you described and your weight as 15 pebbles... I would recomend the WB fluid 130 with a TA. That should suite your needs just right. I am 210 lbs in my birthday suit and ride the Magic 110 QR. I think it is plenty stiff for me and I love the IMV. Hope this helps.

Underskilled
    Hi,

I posted this thread on 29er froum here.
    you will be glad to know they all agreed with you on the WB, but the 135 with booster springs.

Very expensive but got a cracking deal on it!

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveGiant
    Hi,

I posted this thread on 29er froum here.
    you will be glad to know they all agreed with you on the WB, but the 135 with booster springs.

Very expensive but got a cracking deal on it!
    Very good. You should also request the heavy duty bumper, unless the fork was in stock somewhere. You can always add it when you have it serviced.

You will appreciate the stiffess it delivers over any standard QR fork.

Underskilled
    HI,

sorry what is a heavy duty bumper and what does it do, and how much does it cost?

Thx

29 some of the time...
    I came to the same conclusion. My WB F135 is waiting to be installed I did ride the 130 and it worked fine, but I wanted the coils. Time will tell, but I figure it is 50/50 for having a positive outcome. I have been favoring marzocchi and rockshox more recently, both have their compromises. I guess the wb compromise is that it has no travel adjust or lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.