mtbr member
    Jan 2006

240 pounds , iron horse warrior disc frame ... Am I in danger :-)

Hey guys ,

I am currently rebuilding and upgrading my stock Iron horse warrior disc bike , just wondering what makes a clyde worthy frame , and how aggressive can I be on this one? So far I have been commuting on it and its holding fine ( frame wise , stock rear wheel and brakes are another story…..), but after all my upgrades its gonna hit the trails... Is it common to snap a frame like that due to our weight or not? The front fork is going to be changed from a 28.6 manitou six to a 32 MM rock shocks tora 318 ( manitou was sooo flexy under my weight , thus the upgrade) with Sram X7 components and shimano xt brakes going on it ( considering adding an 8 inch upfront , anyone with this setup can comment on the difference if its worth it to change from 6 to 8 upfront for our weight category without loosing too much modulation? )

Freshly Fujified

Which frame

A quick google search turns up a 2006 Warrior Race, a 2006 Warrior DS, a 2003 Warrior Disc, so I think we need more info to give a good answer. In general, IH makes beefy frames. One of the biggest issues some people have with IH bikes is their weight, which is pretty much indicative of a heavy frame. If I had to guess, you'll be OK riding aggressive XC/all mountain, so long as you outfit it with the right components (good fork choice, btw) and don't do any drops with it. Again, to give a better answer, please give us more info on what year frame, and whether it's a hardtail of full suspension.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Sorry about that , I assumed most of their frames are the same.

2003 iron horse warrior disc hardtail, which will be outfitted with an RS tora to replace the flexy manitou six. So no drops on it ? ooh well , I prob won't do any big ones , just small ones that I face on the trails.

mtbr member
    I've been considering finding a Warrior hardtail frame to build a SS out of. I need a cheap frame wit a short head tube to work with a spare fork I have. Anyone have a 21" Warrior frame they want to sell? It looks plenty stout for my 215 frame, and a 240 rider should be fine too so long as it isn't being abused by either of us.