mtbr member
    Jun 2006

240 lbs on Santa Cruz Blur LT... some flex...? your thoughts?

240 lbs fully loaded on Santa Cruz Blur LT... some flex...? your thoughts?

10 months now on my 2007 SC Blur LT...( X9 AM Kit talas 140 dt swiss 5.1 rims w kenda nevs)

Maybe some wobble/flex in rear... not sure if it is the rims/spokes, rear suspension...or is this just normal...

After much research thought i hade made well founded solid decision on this bike. My riding: No to very little jumping... (at 51 not good risk management practice) but hard XC riding in Southeast US NC, GA and TN. Fire roads.. and Tsali, Blankets Creek, Rocky Mountain Pump Storage in Chattanooga, Bear Creek, Iron Hill, Etc... love the hill climbs for aerobic WO...

Sure would like to know what you guys are experiencing...

Am i pushing envelope of what the Full Sus can do at 240...

Love the bike but have some concerns now... maybe we need to stay w hard tails? your thoughts?

Thanks

Prayer

CEO Product Failure
    Check your shock bushings and especially the lower pivot--the one behind the chainrings. My wife is $1.25 and anytime her's (Blur) starts to flex that lower pivot is to blame. Also make sure to check your rear wheel's axle for proper tension.

My wheels flex and occasionly rub the frame on climbs--this is wheel flex. Coasting, riding on flats or dh's, is frame flex. Of course my situation is further frustrated by my choice to run 2.4 to 2.5" tires on my bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm the same weight loaded and rode a Blur LT hard a couple weeks ago for a whole weekend and it was great/fine. Very little flex that I noticed but it was a brand new bike and I don't have a lot of time on full suspension bikes. But again it felt great...