mtbr member
    Jul 2008

220 clyde competion forks

ok guys i'm a 6' 220 clyde trying very hard to be competitive on race day. my 08 hard rock comp came stock with a suntour fork. it sucks!!! i'm looking at an 07 mazocchi all mountain 1 any thaughts? got any better ideas? any imput is very helpfull. tahnks gusy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by butch cassidy
    ok guys i'm a 6' 220 clyde trying very hard to be competitive on race day. my 08 hard rock comp came stock with a suntour fork. it sucks!!! i'm looking at an 07 mazocchi all mountain 1 any thaughts? got any better ideas? any imput is very helpfull. tahnks gusy.
    So your bike has a 100mm travel fork and you want how much travel ??? What kind of racing are you doing ??? I'd look for a fork w/ no more than 120mm of travel.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    The AM 1 is burly, but it's too much travel and it's an absolute boat anchor if you're racing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    honestly i dont know how much travel i "want". i'm really new to cross country racing and am a total newb. its one of those reason to train things because working out to lose waight just don't work for me. i really like the marzocchi forks on the market but again i have no clue what i need. any ideas?

Get out and ride
    Sep 2003
    If you are racing/riding someplace with a lot of rocks, I would recommend between 110 and 120MM travel. If it is more hardpack then maybe 80-110 or even up to 120mm. I am 230 PDS and I ride with FOX float with 120MM travel w/ no lock out on my Gary Fisher Cake2DLX. When I ride my SS I have a 80MM so I can stand and bolt, without the fork compressing and losing momentum. The Fox float does a great job of making a really rocky terrain smooth.
    Jeff