Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Fat boy Mod Moderator
    here is a link to the IRD cranks Universal Cycles -- Interloc Super Long Cranks

just note that with 110bcd the smallest ring you can run is a 34t... might work out for a 1x10 on a 11-36 cassette... or could even go with a 11-42 with this

but no matter what you are stuck with a square taper crank
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by davidfrench View Post
    I have some 200mm square taper from daVinci that are still waiting for the right bike...

have you used the daVinci's at all?... I've been thinking about 200mm cranks on my road bike... I'm a fatty and need a the granny of the triple to climb (at least I have on my road and MTB 175mm cranks)... I also like the fact that I can get away with a narrower cassette with a triple... the high sierra/zinn cranks look stronger but they're also $100+ more... so figured i'd ask ...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I can afford Davinci , I cannot afford Zinn.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    I cant even get if Realslowww is a troll account. He wont post pictures of his bike and spews a lot of nonsense everywhere he goes.
    For his sake, i hope he is trolling. Cant say i have ever come across a more maniacal stubborn refusal to acknowledge common sense.

If not a troll? I am surprised he has the cognitive ability to string enough words together to create his posts. I picture him on computer forums asking if a stronger keyboard is available since he breaks a keyboard once a month typing "like a man".

mtbr member
    Nope I haven't put the daVinci 200mm cranks on any bike yet.
    After the 36er, I had an idea of a big touring bike based on rabbit holes and knard with an IGH but it's not happening yet.
    I can't even remember how much I paid for these cranks!
    Quote Originally Posted by donalson View Post
    have you used the daVinci's at all?... I've been thinking about 200mm cranks on my road bike... I'm a fatty and need a the granny of the triple to climb (at least I have on my road and MTB 175mm cranks)... I also like the fact that I can get away with a narrower cassette with a triple... the high sierra/zinn cranks look stronger but they're also $100+ more... so figured i'd ask ...
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    For his sake, i hope he is trolling. Cant say i have ever come across a more maniacal stubborn refusal to acknowledge common sense.

If not a troll? I am surprised he has the cognitive ability to string enough words together to create his posts. I picture him on computer forums asking if a stronger keyboard is available since he breaks a keyboard once a month typing "like a man".
    Bunch of idiots who cannot see outside the box that has been nicely prepared for them.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by davidfrench View Post
    Nope I haven't put the daVinci 200mm cranks on any bike yet.
    After the 36er, I had an idea of a big touring bike based on rabbit holes and knard with an IGH but it's not happening yet.
    I can't even remember how much I paid for these cranks!
    They were selling them for 229, that is why I found these other cranks with help from this site. Although I read where the Davinci may be made better?

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    Bunch of idiots who cannot see outside the box that has been nicely prepared for them.
    Im not the one who snaps a chain every other month. Im not the one trying to climb hills in a 52-11 gear ratio at 5mph. Im not the one trying to find longer cranks for less money to apply more torque to parts you complain break too easily. Im not the one who hurt my chest curling. Im not the one who claims to snap equipment cables in the gym. Im not the one COMPLETELY ignoring every bit of advice given to him.

You got me, im an idiot stuck in a box.

mtbr member

Re: 200mm crank ?s 38inch inseam am I really a candidate

Im not the one who snaps a chain every other month. Im not the one trying to climb hills in a 52-11 gear ratio at 5mph. Im not the one trying to find longer cranks for less money to apply more torque to parts you complain break too easily. Im not the one who hurt my chest curling. Im not the one who claims to snap equipment cables in the gym. Im not the one COMPLETELY ignoring every bit of advice given to him.

Lol....again. I read the other thread you're referring to, realslow you really need to learn to take the advice of people who know what they're talking about.

Also, mtbr must have the friendliest members of any forum ever. In any other forum I've ever been on, he woulda been absolutely crucified for his ridiculous statements here and on the other thread

mtbr member
    May 2011

I can't help it if you are a chick.

banned
    Jan 2013
    OH SNAP! You dropped the chick bomb on me. My fragile ego is bruised! I may cry! I... I...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Cmon man. You can do better than that. Step up your game or i may just return fire with a timely....

"I know you are but what am i?"

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    Lol....again. I read the other thread you're referring to, realslow you really need to learn to take the advice of people who know what they're talking about.

Also, mtbr must have the friendliest members of any forum ever. In any other forum I've ever been on, he woulda been absolutely crucified for his ridiculous statements here and on the other thread
    Dude I get crucified all the time, mountain bikes are girly **** after what I came off of.

They are finally attempting to make them better for people who are used to running over obstacles at a higher rate than 20 MPH.

The lesson I have learned is I need to change my chain and sprockets out regularly so I do not bust the stuff and run quality cranks.

I am already finding how to use my 53 11 gearing and get more MPH out of it. I ride mostly road and some light trail, my cadence is getting on target finally but most of my problem was the cheap cranks. The flexing of the cranks was throwing me out of sync.

I will admit the pros blow me away on what they can do on a bicycle but other than that they take a major back seat to a modern Moto X motorcycle.

I still love it though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Look. You need to stop with the willy-waving and the comparisons with moto cross bikes. That's like telling a Tour de France winner that your Ducati is better than his bike. Utterly and completely NOT relevant.

You are at the edge of what is made in the bike world. You are taller and heavier than most people on the planet. As there are so few of 'us', almost nothing is made specifically for 'us' because there isn't enough profit in such small numbers.

Regardless, most people don't have 1/10th of your woes in a cycling lifetime. I'm 6'7" and 250lbs and have ridden bikes offroad for well over 20 years. I have never had any of your problems and don't know anyone else who has. You cause your problems. Stp talking about motorbikes, start understanding bikes and sort your technique.

banned
    Jan 2013
    I give you credit for trying, this guy is NOT going to listen to reason.

His amplifier goes to 11, its better.

FKA Malibu412
    I'd love to see a pic of this freak show bike. Are there circus biking Internet forums?
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    53-11 gearing is for little girls, you better step up and get a 55t front ring.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Unless he is a pansy ass little girl, he should be using a front ring like THIS....

mtbr member

Re: 200mm crank ?s 38inch inseam am I really a candidate

Unless he is a pansy ass little girl, he should be using a front ring like THIS....

Look at those puny legs tho, realslow puts down sooooo much more TORQUE!!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    53-11 gearing is for little girls, you better step up and get a 55t front ring.
    Actually I think you may be right 55 12 rather than 53 11

Hey guy's I am finally getting it sorted out, FL sucks compared to some places for riding. I live in a college town. I like to ride like 20 to 30 MPH because I am used to going 80 or 90 off road at times on my CR 500 so I make it as fast as possible and throw in some road off road obstacles.

This town is set up for bicycles, I custom made this bike because nobody sold what I wanted and it works better than anything I could have boughten off the floor. The way I have it set up I can go 30 and skip curbs and do light jumps at that speed in comfort and just cruise.

It turned out great but I did not realize if you have real strong legs you need a good stiff crank or you loose some good power. Change the chain every month or 2 and I am real happy now.

The advise I was getting for me was incorrect, the crank was the real culprit. I can select and find the right gear now to get my cadence correct and I no longer have to stand as much to apply power.

Before it was like driving a car and the clutch is slipping and you cannot figure out what gear to put it in because all the power is being wasted.

Now I need a good fork and may try longer cranks then probably put a 650 rear wheel with bigger tires all the way around but my stock fork will not allow bigger tires than 40CM.

I want to start hitting more trail obstacles. They really should build a heavy duty comfort cruiser do it all obstacle bike all in one. No 29 I saw or 26 is like this thing and I am real happy how it turned out, I wish I would have known I needed real cranks 2 years ago. The whole bike would creek when I road even with a new BB and I did not realize I was bending the cheap cranks.

Bigger is better!
    May 2005
    To everone with the long IRD cranks mentioned above, with square taper BB: What BB spindle length do you use?

I just purchased a pair of 200mm cranks, but don't know what spindle length to get. BB width is 68mm.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by langen View Post
    To everone with the long IRD cranks mentioned above, with square taper BB: What BB spindle length do you use?

I just purchased a pair of 200mm cranks, but don't know what spindle length to get. BB width is 68mm.

Thanks!
    Please tell us your results, I am real curious.

Bigger is better!
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    Please tell us your results, I am real curious.
    Which results? I hope I don't have to buy 4 different sizes to find the one that fits..

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Which results? I hope I don't have to buy 4 different sizes to find the one that fits..
    I want to know if you have more forward thrust and how the cranks feel on your legs.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have been just riding, my bike is working great with the 180mm cranks but I am still waiting to see if anybody has been using 200mm and give a good review, all my problems went away and I am happy, for whatever reason the stock cranks did not work at all so I am real curious about 200's still.

Happy Easter all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Thanks!
    I found that swapping my 110 for a 122.5 would give the same chain line, although I actually went for a 127 so I could run as a double plus a chain guard. 127 also gives plenty of extra clearance for the chainstays.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast