What do your rides ride?

Printable View

• 09-07-2016
    RobD22
    00 Ford ranger with 285k + miles on her but she keeps getting the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 09-07-2016
    Way2ManyBikes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I have spend a lot of time hunting in one of those. With brakes that squealed like a banshee.

I am certain the brakes squealing made hunting a little more exciting.
  • 09-07-2016
    Zona1
    Thanks hombre--it's called "The Mayor". I rode for the first time this past weekend--incredible amounts of fun. Everyone says its the geometry, the components, the big fat tires...I don't know what to attribute the fun to but it was awesome. Made by RSD (Rubber Side Down) out of Toronto.

Zona
  • 09-07-2016
    Way2ManyBikes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zona1 View Post
    Thanks hombre--it's called "The Mayor". I rode for the first time this past weekend--incredible amounts of fun. Everyone says its the geometry, the components, the big fat tires...I don't know what to attribute the fun to but it was awesome. Made by RSD (Rubber Side Down) out of Toronto.

Zona

Man that is a great looking bike and thank you for the info on it.
  • 09-07-2016
    Zona1

Zona
  • 09-11-2016
    C.A.S.H.
    2014 Frontier Pro4X

• 09-11-2016
    Zona1
    Your Frontier looks brand new! Very cool.

Zona
  • 09-18-2016
    racebum
    2 Attachment(s)
    use the 4runner ALL the time. kuat sherpa rack on back often. corvette kind of collects dust unless i feel like blasting up the back roads. keep thinking about selling it
  • 09-18-2016
    Zona1
    Nice rides.

Zona
  • 09-19-2016
    Way2ManyBikes
    You could always buy a seasucker or a trailer hitch for the vette. I put a hitch on my 2010 Camaro and I love using it to haul the bike to the trails.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-1999_...t_Corvette.htm $159.00

I went a little goofy on my 70 Camaro and put a rack on the right rear quarter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by racebum View Post
    use the 4runner ALL the time. kuat sherpa rack on back often. corvette kind of collects dust unless i feel like blasting up the back roads. keep thinking about selling it

• 09-20-2016
    woodchips
    My ride was shoehorned into this ...

... but now rides in this...

• 10-08-2016
    zebt66
  • 10-09-2016
    Silentfoe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zebt66 View Post

I am sooo sorry [emoji25]
  • 10-09-2016
    zebt66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    I am sooo sorry [emoji25]

Why are you sorry?
  • 10-09-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Why are you sorry?

Well, there's a lot going on here. It could be that you ride an S bike. It could be that you're parked outside of Star****s stealing wifi. Or, it could be that lowered Caddy that looks like a Papal hurst. It might be all three or it could be a combination of two of those thing, in no particular order. Take your pick. For me it's all three.
  • 10-09-2016
    zebt66
    Quote:

Well, there's a lot going on here. It could be that you ride an S bike. It could be that you're parked outside of Star****s stealing wifi. Or, it could be that lowered Caddy that looks like a Papal hurst. It might be all three or it could be a combination of two of those thing, in no particular order. Take your pick. For me it's all three.

Well first of all there is nothing wrong with a S bike, I also own other brand bikes. In the scenario I was getting coffee on a road trip to a trail out of town. The Cadillac is a CTS-V wagon which makes 800HP at the moment with all the mods and with drag radials it runs 10s in the quarter. Plus I can fit all kind of **** in it and go on a road trip. But if trail head or roads are rough I take my other vehicle.
  • 10-09-2016
    brncr6
    Quote:

Well first of all there is nothing wrong with a S bike, I also own other brand bikes. In the scenario I was getting coffee on a road trip to a trail out of town. The Cadillac is a CTS-V wagon which makes 800HP at the moment with all the mods and with drag radials it runs 10s in the quarter. Plus I can fit all kind of **** in it and go on a road trip. But if trail head or roads are rough I take my other vehicle.

Where you buy coffee is your thing, don't care what brand bike you ride as long as you like it. As for the radillac that thing is badass!!!!
  • 10-09-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Be careful if you have carbon fiber wheels. That Caddy might melt them.
  • 10-11-2016
    azimiut
    have a few choices

• 10-11-2016
    sXeXBMXer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    have a few choices

that is a great crew!! I think the truck in the first pic would be the best...
  • 10-14-2016
    zebt66
    Quote:

Be careful if you have carbon fiber wheels. That Caddy might melt them.

True, no carbon wheels here but carbon frame. Exhaust doesn't point directly at any bike parts.
  • 10-16-2016
    fc
    5 Attachment(s)
    My buddy Randy built this truck. It is full of win.
  • 10-16-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    That's very cool!
  • 10-16-2016
    John Kuhl
    ^ nice truck.
  • 10-18-2016
    crfnick56
    2010 Subaru Forester. Its nice working at a Subaru dealer if it ever needs service, plus employee pricing on accessories isn't bad either.

In all honesty though, I really do love the car. I know its not a WRX (I had two and love them too but they have their place) but to me it works. I can get all my stuff in the back, it rides comfortable, it gets decent gas mileage, and I never have to worry about weather. My wife says this is my midlife crisis car but I keep telling her its my "responsible adult car". I put the wheels and tires on it and found a take-off STI exhaust so its not totally boring though :thumbsup:

• 10-18-2016
    Zona1
    Very cool ride. space is the new sexy. The wheels give it a whole new look too. Two thumbs up senor!

Zona
  • 10-18-2016
    emporerofathens
    Quote:

Nice rides! :thumbsup:
  • 10-18-2016
    emporerofathens
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 10-18-2016
    RS VR6
    2 Attachment(s)
  • 10-19-2016
    crfnick56
    Quote:

Originally Posted by emporerofathens View Post

I love those newer body style 4Runners!!! Very nice sir.
  • 10-19-2016
    euroford
    1 Attachment(s)
    I think i've posted before, but its been awhile and the truck has some upgrades.

now running a BW364.5SXE charger and 250/100 injectors along with other fuel system mods and other fun stuff. a total blast to rip over berthoud pass for some laps at winter park, or we can slide the camper into the bed and turn it into a mobile vacation home.

Attachment 1100855
  • 10-19-2016
    emporerofathens
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crfnick56 View Post
    I love those newer body style 4Runners!!! Very nice sir.

Thanks, you and me both!
  • 10-19-2016
    TeeKay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJesusfreak View Post
    Cheers Guys! Glad you like it :)

It is a custom home built canopy with an Alucab Shadow Awning on the side. The awning is hinged around the back corner and is fully self supporting with a single drop down leg for extra support over longer periods. Takes 30 seconds to unzip and open and about 70 seconds to stow (due to having to fold it back up) We have a full kitchen with fold down bench and pop out silicone sink on one side and storage for bedding and chairs on the other. A pair of Waeco fridges live on a custom slide under the false floor, along with a rapid pitch tent and soon a 70L water tank.

For an overnight stop it takes us about 15mins from arrival to be ready completely ready to cook and sleep.

For longer stays it takes around 40 to be fully set up...

Set up like this we can still be ready to drive away from the tent in under 5 mins...

We also have 200w solar on the roof and full LED lighting for the nights...

Still to be added; Onboard water, swing away bike rack, onboard airtank, winch, another 100w of solar, fold down gas bbq and most importantly a fold out bike repair stand :p

Very cool! I want one. Is it available for sale in the States?
  • 10-19-2016
    racebum
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Way2ManyBikes View Post
    You could always buy a seasucker or a trailer hitch for the vette. I put a hitch on my 2010 Camaro and I love using it to haul the bike to the trails.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-1999_...t_Corvette.htm $159.00

I went a little goofy on my 70 Camaro and put a rack on the right rear quarter.

this is seriously awesome. i have considered that since the vette uses a steel tube frame chassis. fitting a 1-1/4" hitch would be easy and my kuat rack would slide right in. it would make the car a lot more useful and good for road trips with the bikes
  • 10-20-2016
    Kristian94568
    Quote:

Why are you sorry?

Pls tell me your CTS wagon is manual. please
  • 10-20-2016
    Ska
    1 Attachment(s)
    Not even CLOSE to the HP of some of the cars in here but still, my '69 bug gets me and my bikes to where I need to go. Pictured here with my Surly Straggler (sorry) but my Dekerf MTB fits up there too :thumbsup:
  • 10-20-2016
    sXeXBMXer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ska View Post
    Not even CLOSE to the HP of some of the cars in here but still, my '69 bug gets me and my bikes to where I need to go. Pictured here with my Surly Straggler (sorry) but my Dekerf MTB fits up there too :thumbsup:

No need to apologize for the Surly...and the 69 bug rocks!! My aunt had a red convertible 69 for years....
  • 10-20-2016
    Crankyone
    1 Attachment(s)
    I have a museum of Yak racks. The Trek 69er was on top for the entry into Colorado. I broke the top rack on the way into Steamboat Springs so the receiver rack took over....
  • 10-21-2016
    bikeCOLORADO
    1 Attachment(s)
    2003 Subaru Forester. 250k miles. Recently "totaled" by insurance. Got a check for $3,500. Bought the parts - in my garage; replaced head gaskets, timing belt, valve cover gaskets, accessory belts, plugs, thermostat, water pump, etc. Hoping for another 100k or more miles.

Near new 2016 Orbea Occam AM bling bling.

Attachment 1101202
  • 11-01-2016
    mrbigisbudgood
    We roll a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with a 1up.

• 11-06-2016
    Bailey44
    Quote:

That Wagon is so awesome. I just lowered my SQ5 but not near as extreme since my company just leases them and I have to turn back to stock when I turn it in.
  • 11-06-2016
    Kristian94568
    Went to the local trails in the Vanagon

• 11-06-2016
    jeepergirl17
    5 Attachment(s)
    I was told we can't take our Camaro to the trail. Nice work on that rack!
  • 11-06-2016
    zebt66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey44 View Post
    That Wagon is so awesome. I just lowered my SQ5 but not near as extreme since my company just leases them and I have to turn back to stock when I turn it in.

Thank you. Mine is only lowered about an inch from factory all the way around.
  • 11-06-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Thank you. Mine is only lowered about an inch from factory all the way around.

It must be the big ass wheels that make it looked dumped.
  • 11-07-2016
    bikeCOLORADO

The Blubaru. Beloved 13 year old workhorse.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
  • 11-07-2016
    kyle_vk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post

The Blubaru. Beloved 13 year old workhorse.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Loving mine as well, currently at 153k (60k by me) and has been quite solid. Needs more power but other than that it's the perfect daily driver for weekend adventuring!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  • 11-07-2016
    bikeCOLORADO
    Nearly 250k on my old girl. I just did the head gaskets, timing belt, etc. Hoping for another 100k.
  • 11-21-2016
    RobD22
    What do your rides ride?
    My new rides new ride

• 11-21-2016
    wahday

• 11-27-2016
    voon
    Mine is a BMW M135xi. Small and a hatch, not ideal for Biketransport, but hey, it works ;)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
  • 11-27-2016
    Sidewalk
    1 Attachment(s)
    Multipurpose vehicle.
  • 11-27-2016
    sXeXBMXer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    Multipurpose vehicle.

what kind of bike rack is that? The Kuat Haymaker?
  • 11-27-2016
    Sidewalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    what kind of bike rack is that? The Kuat Haymaker?

The $100 for a week kind :(
  • 11-28-2016
    KiwiJohn
    Skoda Octavia
  • 11-28-2016
    voon
    Octavias are great .. got one as company car. But why no towball? Much better for the bike, fuel etc and you wont ram your bike into a roof :) Ok .. pricey.
  • 11-28-2016
    KiwiJohn
    Didn't come with one & it's a 1.4L, so ain't going to tow nothing. A bit more convenient when camping to have the bikes locked on the rack & leave the boot free.
    Does suck the gas though, 7.9L/100km vs the usual 6.5 on last weekends trip.
  • 12-06-2016
    EastCoasterVa
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 1108961

My 2014 Toyota 4Runner with the Kuat NV 2.0 bike rack.
  • 01-28-2017
    Chris307
    1 Attachment(s)
    My (dirty) corolla with a new Kuat Transfer 2 rack. Hauling my stache for a much needed fork overhaul.
    Attachment 1118234
  • 01-28-2017
    RobD22
    My ride got a new ride

• 02-05-2017
    ScalpelOne
    BMW F30 with Rocky Mounts Brass Knuckles
    My Cannondale Scalpel rides on my 2015 BMW F30...oh...and the Rocky Mounts Brass Knuckles Rack is awesome on Thule Podium rack .

• 03-12-2017
    azimiut
    not quite the normal rides ride. hopefully will make it out to Catalina Island do to some mtbing. It is a Catalina 42, its a fun sail but takes a while to get there. about 12 hours. went last year but didnt bring my bike unfortunately.

brought the bikes here this weekend.
  • 03-18-2017
    TheJesusfreak
    Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo with ISI 4x4x4 and now with RakAttach swingaway

[/URL][/img]

• 03-18-2017
    ...Mark...
    Same truck. New Breezer Repack Team though.

• 03-19-2017
    wcoyne
    1 Attachment(s)
    I dont have any pics of my Remedy in the bed of this truck but this is its ride to the trail

Attachment 1127421
  • 03-20-2017
    jrm
    1 Attachment(s)
    3rd 4runner
    2006 4th gen SE ICON stage 1
  • 03-20-2017
    JCWages
    2 Attachment(s)
    Rollin'
    Attachment 1127578

2016 GMC Canyon All-Terrain with the 2" leveling kit and 265/70/17 Duratracs
    Attachment 1127579
  • 04-11-2017
    andrew.gimlin
    03 Volvo s40 with Thule load bars and rack, also have a saris freedom 2 receiver rack for my 03 trailblazer and wife's 10 equinox

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  • 04-11-2017
    Way2ManyBikes
    That is just Awesome !!!

Quote:

Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo with ISI 4x4x4 and now with RakAttach swingaway

• 04-11-2017
    Way2ManyBikes
    1 Attachment(s)
    Call it a mid-life crisis but I bought a P-Car and stuck a bike rack on it.
  • 04-11-2017
    HawkGX

My 2016 Yeti SB5c rides on a Kuat NV 2, attached to a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Oscar Mike Freedom Edition.

Only thing better would be if I could swing the gate all the way open for full access!

• 04-12-2017
    ...Mark...
    Quote:

2016 GMC Canyon All-Terrain with the 2" leveling kit and 265/70/17 Duratracs
    Attachment 1127579
    You happy with it? I'm happy with my 11 Silverado ext but it's time to downsize. I can't depreciate it anymore with my biz and it's about to turn 100k, and the fuel economy of the 5.3 sucks. Your truck with the big bed is what I'd get (V6, quad, LB). Only other truck I'm looking at is a quad cab long bed Taco.
  • 04-12-2017
    bachman1961
    2 Attachment(s)
    No decent picture handy with the bike / rack on but this is the transporter.

First pic as delivered and second pic with powder coated wheels and the hidden hitch added .... somewhat custom for the 2 bike carrier I went with. You can see the receiver hitch below the license plate in the last photo .. it's pretty low.
  • 04-14-2017
    JCWages
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Mark... View Post
    You happy with it? I'm happy with my 11 Silverado ext but it's time to downsize. I can't depreciate it anymore with my biz and it's about to turn 100k, and the fuel economy of the 5.3 sucks. Your truck with the big bed is what I'd get (V6, quad, LB). Only other truck I'm looking at is a quad cab long bed Taco.

I love it. The mileage with the larger tires and front lift is only about 18mpg to the tank now. Stock I had averaged 19.3mpg over 23k miles. The diesel guys average about 24-26mpg. Something to consider. Even if the Silverado got the same fuel economy and was the same price I'd still get the Canyon because I prefer the smaller size. It works well for a small family. :)
  • 04-15-2017
    tomikazi
    I like steel...
  • 04-15-2017
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomikazi View Post
    I like steel...

That is cool! I've spent many miles in a Ford Bronco.
  • 04-16-2017
    TheJesusfreak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Way2ManyBikes View Post
    That is just Awesome !!!

Cheers mate! I have been living out of it while touring the country for the last 3 1/2 months... It works pretty well :)
  • 04-16-2017
    jrm
    1 Attachment(s)
    Yet another 4runner..
  • 04-16-2017
    sXeXBMXer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomikazi View Post
    I like steel...

that is definitely a "classic" MTB sleigh. My uncle had an old Bronco, and literally drove it till the doors and quarter panels fell off. Probably over 200k miles of off, and back road use in the hills of Southern Ohio and WVa....good times in that thing
  • 04-16-2017
    Way2ManyBikes
    Quote:

Cheers mate! I have been living out of it while touring the country for the last 3 1/2 months... It works pretty well :)

That is so cool and I hope to do the same one day.
  • 04-17-2017
    saturnine
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 08-30-2017
    BAMAFAN92
    1 Attachment(s)
    My 2016 Focus 1.0L Ecoboost with a 6 speed Manual. Attachment 1155051
  • 09-12-2017
    Solo_man

Some really nice rides in here. My setup and I have 2 bike riders because I sometimes carry my friends bike too.

2017 has been a great year so far for me.
  • 09-23-2017
    big_slacker
    2 Attachment(s)
    The one on the left with the 5010 is mine. This month I did 1500 miles round trip all to ride the bike on the back 63 miles. There was some vehicular fun on the trip too. :D
  • 09-23-2017
    tuckerjt07
    Seasucker on my Z.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  • 09-24-2017
    sXeXBMXer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by big_slacker View Post
    The one on the left with the 5010 is mine. This month I did 1500 miles round trip all to ride the bike on the back 63 miles. There was some vehicular fun on the trip too. :D

sweet!! I love FJ Crusers. Wish I could have had one before they stopped making them...