mtbr member

? on a tray style rack for a Wrangler

I just bought a new 2012 Wrangler Unlimited and need to get another rack. I already have a Kuat Nv with the 4 bike ad on, But want a 2 bike rack for when me and the wife want to head out for a ride and not have the Kuat hanging off the back. Does anyone have a suggestion on a reasonably priced rack that will hold my 29er and another bike? I want to stay tray style. I looked at the new Kuat but i was hoping to stay in the low $200 range being i will not be using it to much. Thanks
    Will Miss You Tessa
    RIP Wild Bill

mtbr member
    Hitch tray racks are pricey all around, unless you can find a deal on Craigslist or something. You probably don't want to hear this but your best bet is to sell the Kuat and pick up a 1Up rack double rack and then buy 2 individual trays. That's what I have going on. I leave the 2 rack on 24x7 and then add trays when needed. They fold up nicely too so you don't have these gigantic metal objects taking up garage space.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. The Kuat is for the downhill bikes, so it serves the purpose well, I think i am going to order a Kuat core and be all set. No sense going cheep and watching my bike bounce off the highway.
    Will Miss You Tessa
    RIP Wild Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0