Here's the info.

https://www.quikrack.com/

Seems to be available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Here's the info.

https://www.quikrack.com/

Seems to be available.
    Not available yet. Was going to be released in December and it got pushed to January. He is sending out alerts to those who signed up to receive them when being released.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I got the original quick rack in August. Thing is the cats meow! Company supports it well. Just did the fatbike upgrade.

aka bOb
    The email address he has listed doesn't work

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    The email address he has listed doesn't work
    I got a response from Cal at quikrackmach2@gmail.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
    Not available yet. Was going to be released in December and it got pushed to January. He is sending out alerts to those who signed up to receive them when being released.
    I see the website says "Buy it Now"?
    --------------

[WTB] 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

mtbr member
    I know but when you try you come to a screen that says "sold out." The site is set up but the rack won't be out until possibly January.

Gigantic Hawk
    I wonder if the receiver pin is removable since not every hitch setup allows for side access like Cal intends.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Cal says the production is sold out to the 2000 on the email list. More production should become available about March. Sign up for the news letter under About.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I wonder if the receiver pin is removable since not every hitch setup allows for side access like Cal intends.
    Clearance can be an issue. It looks like it is removable as there is a bolt head on the other side of the crosspiece. Looks like the crosspiece can also be unbolted and flipped over to put the pin release on the opposite side.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Cal says the production is sold out to the 2000 on the email list. More production should become available about March. Sign up for the news letter under About.
    Anyone here one of those 2000? I signed up for the email list a couple months ago and haven't heard anything. I did go ahead and get the 1up USA rack as I needed something sooner, some of the changes are cool but I have some questions about how others will work out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I emailed early on and never heard anything further. Bought the original as did not want to wait. Original company seems strong.

mtbr member
    He told me a few months ago that I am on the list. Not quite sure what that means but will probably purchase it when available. No particular rush as I'll get by with my Swagman in the meantime.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_MTB_22 View Post
    I emailed early on and never heard anything further. Bought the original as did not want to wait. Original company seems strong.
    Agreed and I was in the same boat. Also, as the OP on the 1UP vs 1-UP thread, it's just one more example of how Cal is operating on the fringe of legitimacy IMO.
    2017 Intense Primer
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'm also supposed to be on list but didn't receive anything about it being pushed to Jan from Dec. I don't even think I see a date now..

Has anyone heard anything at all that had inquired about one?

Thinking about just sucking it up and going the OG route..

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    My impression is that this has been sketchy from the start and the information that is available has been questionable. My gut (I have no information, just speculating on what I can see), says that there is more going on behind the scenes here. The fact that 1upusa.com and 1up-usa.com now both go to the old company tells me that there is more happening than we see, my guess is that there is some legal action going on. My guess is he is trying to cover for delays (legal or logistical) by saying that he is sold out for now. I'm sure I wasn't the first to sign up but I have never gotten any email about the new rack. The whole thing just feels sketchy and makes me glad I went with the old stand by.

As I am new on this forum I feel I should say I have no connection to either company other than purchasing from the 1up USA. I have been lurking on here for a few months and finally signed up for an account. This thread just seemed to grab my attention lol.

mtbr member
    I can see it being an issue if someone needed a rack relatively soon or ASAP. Like I mentioned, I will happily wait using my Swagman while things get sorted out. Saving some coin on a black unit with improvements outweighs my urgency or concern for the situation going on behind the scenes. Understand though those not willing to wait or those concerned about the whole business thing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Competition is a good thing.

So the new Quik Rack is actually the third version of this rack just to get terminology straight. I own the previous two versions.

Version 1 was the original rack designed by Cal and when Cal was in the company. I have one of these racks.

Version 2 was the original design modified by Robbie after Cal was out of the company. I have that design

Version 3 is the version that Cal is advertising now and has significant improvements.

My daughter now has v1. I bought v2 last summer. It's nice, I like it, it but it is substantially heavier than v1 which is a problem. The rack members were simply made of heavier gauge aluminum and beefed up. That added a lot of weight to the rack which reduced it's attractiveness for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice rack, but it's considerably heavier. That makes it harder for me to store. It makes it harder for my wife to manhandle. I'm not sure making it heavier gained anything.

Also, it appears to me that when making the rack heavier and the aluminum thicker, they wound up with some interference with the two bolts to which one would attach add on units making them tighter to the sides. There is less clearance to the side. This isn't a problem if you use their tool, but it is a problem if you use other tools (I agree, this is a nit). I took one of my supplied tools and cut off an piece at the end, glued it into a 3/8" socket and use a socket ratchet to tighten and loosen the bolts. This is much faster and much more convenient than with the supplied tool. Because it is closer, there is interference with the side on the new rack and not on the old rack. Not a big deal obviously, but it is indicative of the brute force approach to making the modification.

I'm interested to see the new version. If it is quicker to add/remove sections and if they are lighter, that will be very interesting to me. I could be persuaded to upgrade but I'd like to see how the company does and see that things go well. My experience working with Cal on v1 was very positive and presuming that holds true, I'd have no problems buying his new rack. The man is a talented designer and was very customer oriented in helping me through issues I had in my particular application.

Don't have to worry about this for a few months until the snow melts. So I'm hopeful we have a new rack on the way - that is good for everyone. Competition is a wonderful thing.

J.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Just FYI if you're planning availability-- I signed up for email notifications in mid-November. That put me at about 1900 on the list, and per Cal, my order slot is likely to be in March.