mtbr member
    Aug 2010

My car won't accept a rack - seasucker to the rescue.

First, this is not an ad... I am not being paid to endorse the product, just sharing my experience.

I have a 2011 Infiniti M56, and finding a rack that would work was next to impossible. After some digging, I came upon Seasucker. I bought the single rack unit.

I've now shuttled 5 bikes on it, for many miles, and have had zero issues. If used properly, those vacuum cups hold really well. I took one bike on my SUV, drove off road in very rough terrain, and the rack held the bike down the whole time.

I recently sent them a note regarding the length of their straps for the rear tire mount, and they're sending me, free of charge, some straps to accommodate for up to 4" tires.

Great product if you're in the market.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Thinking about getting one of these to transport bikes on my mustang. Noticed any marks on the paint from the suction cups?

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Btjone06 View Post
    Thinking about getting one of these to transport bikes on my mustang. Noticed any marks on the paint from the suction cups?
    If the paint and cup are absolutely clean every time the suction cup is installed then it will not be marked.

Any kind of grit will cause scratches with prolonged use.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    No, none. As mentioned above, they are very careful to describe the surface you need to use the cups on... it should be as clean as you can get it. What I do is bring a wet cloth out to wipe everything off of where I am putting it, rim the cups with the wet towel to assist with the vacuum seal, and throw it on there.

The biggest thing I've noticed is... you want to put it on a few hours BEFORE you put a bike on it. That way, if one of the vacuum cups doesn't seal, you'll find it before it potentially becomes a problem. I have only had to pull and re-set the thing once, and it was because I found a hair running out one of the sides that kept it from getting a good seal.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Any idea if wax would have any effect on the ability of the cups to stay in place? I keep synthetic wax on my car and it gives the paint a very slick feeling and is hydrophobic.

Workin for the weekend!
    I'd put down a patch of 3M Clearshield (helicopter?) tape on the areas that hit the car's painted body...
    Todd

mtbr member
    I have a SeaSucker mount I used for transporting my bike on my corvette before I got my truck. Worked very well. Never use it anymore.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Any idea if wax would have any effect on the ability of the cups to stay in place? I keep synthetic wax on my car and it gives the paint a very slick feeling and is hydrophobic.
    I doubt it, the vacuum on these are solid. It doesnt need moisture to seal, just a clean surface.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    How would it work at, say, sub zero temperatures (Fahrenheit)?

mtbr member
    They mention letting the wax cure before using. I use normal wax on my car and no issues yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
    How would it work at, say, sub zero temperatures (Fahrenheit)?
    I haven't gotten down to sub zero yet but I have used it in the 20s also with no issues. The cups need to be "warm" before application though so I keep it in my house. After riding for two hours in the high 20s the cups still worked after being in the trunk for that long.