Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Results 3,501 to 3,517 of 3517
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by briantortilla View Post
    Here are some pics of my new heavy duty rack on my Mazda 3. I wasn't really a fan of the u-lock security option, so I got a "weather proof" padlock from a local locksmith and had him install a 3"shackle. A cable fits nicely in the shackle giving me a one key solution. I also don't mind using the Velcro strap as a backup. As a plus, my hatch clears the rack when it is folded in the fully up stowed position making access to the back really easy!! Loving it so far.
    You have great taste in cars, colors, and racks, Sir. 1up Quick Rack Quick Review.-16796956_10211661919560667_6829642484288598607_o.jpg
    2017 Diamondback Mason Pro
    2015 Motobecane Sturgis Bullet
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

Danger Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I just came back to this thread....did not see it in the last couple of posts but ya'll have seen the NEW rack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=43WSDih6mOQ
    This is not the same 1up. Look at the other thread for more info. 1up-usa.com and 1upusa.com are not (or are no longer) the same company. If I need anything else for my 1up rack I'll be using 1up-usa.com.

I may purchase another add on rack sooner than I had previously planned from 1up-usa.com because who knows what could happen if a legal battle starts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Ouch GF. I just saw that other thread....
    Konfusing times eh...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Any Canadian owners care to comment on the shipping/duty/brokerage fees for getting one of these up to Vancouver? the web site mentions duty , but I thought NAFTA meant no duty on made in N.A products? Im pretty close to ordering one ( or the other 1upusa "mach 2" rack ) but am a little worried about being hit with a whopper of a shipping bill.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyride1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16796956_10211661919560667_6829642484288598607_o.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	1156899
    you either have excellent depth perception or terrible depth perception.......I cant tell with the shadow on the bumper.

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscello View Post
    you either have excellent depth perception or terrible depth perception.......I cant tell with the shadow on the bumper.
    I'd go with terrible. Why, just why?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    It's either both or neither. The license plate didn't touch the wooden rail but I don't think there was more than a quarter of an inch in between.
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerz View Post
    Any Canadian owners care to comment on the shipping/duty/brokerage fees for getting one of these up to Vancouver? the web site mentions duty , but I thought NAFTA meant no duty on made in N.A products? Im pretty close to ordering one ( or the other 1upusa "mach 2" rack ) but am a little worried about being hit with a whopper of a shipping bill.
    Thanks!
    Yes you are going to get hit with a bill. One up will only ship with a courier so the courier charges a brokerage fee, usually $50-$70 whether there is duty or not. If they shipped usps to Canada post then there would be no charges. This goes with any online ordering that uses a courier like Fed-ex, UPS, etc.
    Even with shipping fees it is worth it. Give them a call and see if they'll send it in the mail.

mtbr member
    I go up to Canada (southern Ontario) quite often. For a nominal fee I can make a personal delivery. LOL
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I go up to Canada (southern Ontario) quite often. For a nominal fee I can make a personal delivery. LOL
    make it out to Vancouver and we'll talk! lol

thanks for the input guys, sounds close to what 1up said to me. Duty free, but brokerage is up to the shipper , usually around $60. ish.

I almost never order online or internationally, and the few times I have ive be pretty blown away by the surprise fees .

Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    I think the wife may be getting me the 1UP Heavy Duty Double for Christmas. Hope that's the case, I've been talking about ordering one for months.

In the back of my head I have this weird worry that one of my tires will have a slow leak and go flat while on this rack though. Anyone ever had this problem?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Yes kind of. I pinched and had to drive home with a flat on my bike. If you have the arms adjusted properly it isn't a concern.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have loaded up with normal pressure on my tubeless 29-er, so low/mid-20's (psi) pressure, and found a flat tire at the end of my drive. Bike still secure on the rack, but it's a concern ... especially with a road bike where the margin between loose and tight is only a click or two. We have the optional wheel locks and they add security for that situation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by He1enKe1ler View Post
    In the back of my head I have this weird worry that one of my tires will have a slow leak and go flat while on this rack though. Anyone ever had this problem?
    This is the only drawback to this rack where the only part of the bike the rack touches are the tires. I've had this happen to me when I had one of those days where I just kept getting flats. I was on my fat bike and I haven't done the tubeless conversion yet so I was running tubes. The rear tube kept getting flats and I was running out of patches to keep it inflated. I had to drive to the nearest bike shop to pick up a new fat tube just so I can get air in the tire to get the bike home. I suppose if you keep a couple of velcro straps in your car you can always strap the rim to the tray if you're concerned with flatting out while on the rack.
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    This is the only drawback to this rack where the only part of the bike the rack touches are the tires. I've had this happen to me when I had one of those days where I just kept getting flats. I was on my fat bike and I haven't done the tubeless conversion yet so I was running tubes. The rear tube kept getting flats and I was running out of patches to keep it inflated. I had to drive to the nearest bike shop to pick up a new fat tube just so I can get air in the tire to get the bike home. I suppose if you keep a couple of velcro straps in your car you can always strap the rim to the tray if you're concerned with flatting out while on the rack.
    I had a Yakima King Cobra 2 Roof rack and the method to secure was the front tire clamp. There were several times where I transported bikes with flats but the clamp mechanism stayed in place. for 1up the obvious solution as you suggest is velcro strap. but with better tires and rims for tubeless who gets flats anymore? i have not had a flat tire over 3 years. m

but now that you mention it, I am going to put a bungy in the car for insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I use the wheel locks just in case, but I doubt the bike would get loose enough to come out of the rack even with a flat.

Your Best Friend
    Yes, tires deflating can make an issue but the arm is up around the wheel as well. The bike would wobble more but it won't come out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Members who have read this thread: 523