Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Yuba Mundo Recall

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  owenfinn 
#1 ·
Yuba has issued a recall of their 4.0 Mundo bikes. Apparently, a passenger's foot can get caught in the spokes of the rear wheel (I imagine this could happen on any bike).

As a result, they will ship you a free set of wheel covers for the back wheel.

Contact info:
Mundo V4.0 Recall | Yuba Bicycles, Mundo Cargo Bike, Boda Boda Bike

I called them and they picked up on the 2nd ring. Asked for the wheel cover, and he apologized that it couldn't ship out today, but would be in the mail by tomorrow.

Awesome customer service :thumbsup:

#2 ·
It is a decent response to an issue which seems common sense.

However, I bought and installed a set when building up my Mundo and am considering removing them.

They don't work very well with a V-brake. As far as I can see releasing the rear brake now requires removal of the wheel covers. ie those covers need to come off to adjust the brake or, of more immediate concern, to remove the rear wheel in the event of a puncture.

First thoughts for work arounds are;
re-useable zip ties
cut out cover around v-brake area
use a disc rear. Although adjusting a BB7 might still be impossible with cover in place, but at least wheel removal wouldn't require taking off the cover.

I'm running with Xtracycle freeloaders so I could remove the covers all together and little legs would still be safe, but the freeloaders would be more at risk of rubbing on frame and parts at contact points.

I think I'll contact Yuba and see if they have come up with any other solutions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.