mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Yuba Mundo + Peanut Shell at the back: opinions on cargo bags wanted!

I'm close to building a Mundo family+cargo rig and I'd love to hear from any of you who have tried using the Baguette or Go-Getter with a Peanut Shell mounted at the back of the Mundo's rear deck.

I'll put a stoker bar on the seatpost for kid #1 and a Peanut Shell seat on the back for kid #2. I'll likely buy the Bread Basket for small loads & wider objects, but I figure I should also get a bag for additional capacity. I want it to be easy to put things in & take things out of the bag.

It sure looks like the Go-Getter would not work well with the Peanut Shell installed at the back of the deck (and Yuba's website seems to admit that). Is that right? How well does the Baguette work? Are there other half-width bags like the Baguette that I should consider?

Thanks!

Peter

mtbr member
    I have a shop that sells the Yuba Mundos. When people buy them with the Peanut Shell, I usually sell them Green Guru panniers for extra storage (disclaimer: I also work for Green Guru). Our panniers have really strong, metal hooks that can accommodate the oversized rails of the Mundo frame. They are a little smaller than the Baguette bag, and have a low profile when not filled with gear. Personally, I think the bread basket is the best accessory, it is my primary cargo compartment.