Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

WTB- Used Surly Big Dummy Frame - 18"

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  EightySixed 
#1 ·
Looking for a (used) Surly Big Dummy Frame. Any color will do. The retail prices for a new one are out of my budget. Any body know of one for sale?

Thanks-

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I got word from Mr. Mango that he just sold the Surly this morning.

After researching this a bit, I'm not sure it wouldn't be smarter to just get an extracycle Radish and be done with it. ( I certainly have enough parts to build a cargo bike, but the entire radish costs only a bit more than the Big Dummy frame).

For a "first" cargo bike, can anyone recommend the Radish? I will be making local runs around town for groceries and kid hauling. I really don't plan on long tours with it OR doing massively heavy cargo runs. As for singletrack, I have a stable full to handle those duties.

Also looking at the Kona Ute, but I really prefer steel and I thought that 26 inch wheels would keep the cargo CG lower? Make sense?

Any opinions appreciated.

DG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.