mtbr member

Wideloader compatability issue with Big Dummy?

I just got a new 2009 Dummy and I love it. However, it seems the holes in the frame where the front arms of the Wideloaders are inserted are not properly drilled for the spring-loaded buttons to secure the arms. Is this a common issue? What am I doing wrong? What should I do about it?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Are you sure you have the right wideloader on the right side, and have it the right way (front towards the front)? They're not labelled; when I first assembled mine, they didn't fit right, and I ultimately determined that I had them on backwards and upside down...

PRETENDURO
    On a similar note, anyone know if a set of Wideloaders will work with a KickBack center stand? I currently have a KickBack on my Big Dummy, and would love to be able to use it with Wideloaders. Hate to hi-jack the original posterís post with another question.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    On a similar note, anyone know if a set of Wideloaders will work with a KickBack center stand? I currently have a KickBack on my Big Dummy, and would love to be able to use it with Wideloaders. Hate to hi-jack the original posterís post with another question.
    Yes. Click on the Media tab to see the video on how to do it:

http://www.xtracycle.com/cargo-bicyc.../kickback.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I believe the wider end of the Wideloader (w/ logo, I think) goes to the front.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor29
    Yes. Click on the Media tab to see the video on how to do it:

http://www.xtracycle.com/cargo-bicyc.../kickback.html
    BEAUTY!!! Thatís simpler than simple!!! Thanks for pointing that out.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

vik
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The answer is = sort of:

http://thelazyrando.wordpress.com/20...ckback-review/

You can use your wideloaders with a kickback, BUT your are essentially uninstalling and reinstalling your kickback each time you use the wideloaders. This becomes a PITA fast if, like me, you might install and remove the wideloaders 3 or 4 times a day.

If you can leave your wideloaders on 24/7 or you use them rarely the kickback works fine.

Although you can't use footsies with the kickback.

I had a kick back and sold it after a few weeks of use. My $7 side stand is a better option for me.
    safe riding,

Vik
    www.thelazyrando.com

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by vik
    The answer is = sort of:

http://thelazyrando.wordpress.com/20...ckback-review/

You can use your wideloaders with a kickback, BUT your are essentially uninstalling and reinstalling your kickback each time you use the wideloaders. This becomes a PITA fast if, like me, you might install and remove the wideloaders 3 or 4 times a day.

If you can leave your wideloaders on 24/7 or you use them rarely the kickback works fine.

Although you can't use footsies with the kickback.

I had a kick back and sold it after a few weeks of use. My $7 side stand is a better option for me.
    Well, leaving the wideloaders on all the time wonít be a problem, as I intend to use them the majority of the time. Thanks for the tip though.

Devo
    Well, leaving the wideloaders on all the time wonít be a problem, as I intend to use them the majority of the time. Thanks for the tip though.
    simply use some old road bike tire, and cover the WideLoaders's edge.

this lets you simply lean the bike against things like walls, etc...
    and you can just lay the bike onto the WideLoaders instead of using a kickstand.
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfPropelledDevo
    simply use some old road bike tire, and cover the WideLoaders's edge.

this lets you simply lean the bike against things like walls, etc...
    and you can just lay the bike onto the WideLoaders instead of using a kickstand.
    Well I already have the centerstand, so I guess if it tips over then the wideloaders will take over the duty.

Oh, and I no longer have any roadbike parts since I sold my roadbike a month ago. Going to have to call around to some bikeshops for discarded roadbike tires.

PRETENDURO
    I ordered some wideloaders yesterday, but it will be next week until my order is processed, seeing as all the life-changing events going on with the Xtracycle employees are going on this week.