Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Koala View Post
    Hey, a frog !

Ca fait bizarre de voir du français sur ce forum !
    Français ?
    Non, j'suis 'ricain mais j'ai passé bcp de temps en France: pour faire des études, travailler et voyager.
    22 Going on 23

Huckin' trails
    OMG. Speaking French here isn't tolerated by the mods
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    We don't speak french, we WRITE french !
    Just kiddin', back to english now...

lubes17319, your french is perfect. Congrats !
    You know the poor skills of french people for foreign languages so please be indulgent with me !

Huckin' trails
    Yup, nice french. Almost got the Quebec accent, but still on the European side.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Great build. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it before, but what is your reason for installing the Flightdeck so far back? I think your rear end would be slightly more rigid if it was installed more forward. Just wondering.

mtbr member
    Thanks !
    Well, the main reason is that I built the bike with a friend of mine & he just mounted the deck like that for no particular reason. & I let it like that...

I never felt any lack of rigidity & mounted like that, it allows a better accessibility to the Porcelain Rocket seatstay bag. So it's nice for me...

Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Yup, nice french. Almost got the Quebec accent, but still on the European side.
    Some few "tabernacle" are missing to catch the Quebec accent !
    You know the poor skills of french people for foreign languages so please be indulgent with me !

Huckin' trails
    Hum, it's tabarnack and not tabernacle.

mtbr member
    Sorry, I won't do the mistake again !
    It's just the way we write it here in France, that's why I made the mistake...

The Wiking
    so.. how dit it go.. you never took me up on the beer thing?
    with speed, shall technique be conquered

The streets are the sketchiest of trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Very nice bike!
    Kudos from France too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Radon View Post
    so.. how dit it go.. you never took me up on the beer thing?
    Hey ! Didn't forget you.
    But for some reasons quite long to explain, I couldn't do my trip...
    No trip, no Denmark, no Legoland (I dreamt about it for many year when a child !)...
    Maybe later !

Quote Originally Posted by tractopelle View Post
    Very nice bike!
    Kudos from France too.
    Hey ! Here we meet again Mr Bond !
    Did you find some useful infos for you about the Xtracycle ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yes, I found a whole lot of info.
    I'm still dreaming of a Big Dummy, but won't be able to afford it by a few years...
    I'm searching for a good deal on a Xtracycle Freeradical, and have maybe found one (to me, it's still more expensive that it should be).
    I still have to get my anvil sold to get some money, but that's not that easy.
    I lent my bike to a friend for his vacation, and I feel lonely.

Once again, congratulations on your build, your bike is gorgeous (if this term is appropriate to a bike).

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Agent Koala,

I hope you're able to keep your bike. A pity you weren't able to make the trip but I guess it will still be there for a while and I doubt Leggo Land is going anywhere in the near future.....

Al

mtbr member
    Don't worry, I keep my bike & still ride it everyday !
    If you want it, you're gonna have to take it from my dead body (does this sentence have a sense in English ?).

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    AK,

Sure does...... lol

Al

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Ton Dummy est un sérieux concurrent du prochain Paris Cargo Bike Meeting, (je n'ai pas encore le droit de poster l'url) où il y a même une course de cargo bikes.

Your Dummy is a serious challenger of next Paris Cargo Bike Meeting, where there is really a cargo bike race.
    French. In France .Near Paris. Yes, really.

mtbr member
    Yeah. The Paris Cargo Bike meeting was on the 24/06/12 & I saw it... the 25/06...
    I'll try to be here next year !

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Bump for a great thread. Any updates or new adventures, Agent Koala?

mtbr member
    Hi ! It's been a while !
    Well, the Big Bertha still rolls like a charm, & I still love it !
    No update, I'm pretty pleased by the current setup. The Brooks saddle is better day after day, the Porcelain Rocket frame bags are just nice, versatile as I want them to be. Nothing to change for now...
    I'd just like to find a pair of Surly Large Marge rims (the first ones, not the Marge Lite) to try it but : 1- It's pretty hard to find now & 2- Don't have money for that now...
    I'll try to take a couple of pictures one of these days during a ride...
    Bye !

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thats a great looking bike; love what you did to it! I have the same year Dummy and I love the black frame. Dummy's should all be black, that should be the law!

Are the long tail bikes starting to get popular in France and Europe? I've seen the Dutch style cargo bikes with the load in front, but they aren't as common here in the States. I've never had the chance to ride one, but some people really seem to love them. I prefer the Dummy because it rides just about like any other bike, but I can see some advantages to the Dutch style, too. I'm curious how people feel in Europe. I think for touring and camping I'd pick a Dummy, hands down.

P.S. Your English is great; better than lots of English speakers! Its great to hear from somebody in France, so keep the updates coming.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Koala View Post
    Don't worry, I keep my bike & still ride it everyday !
    If you want it, you're gonna have to take it from my dead body (does this sentence have a sense in English ?).
    In English, you'd have to say (in your best Clint Eastwood cowboy voice) "If you want ma Dummy, your gonna have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers...".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by minte View Post
    In English, you'd have to say (in your best Clint Eastwood cowboy voice) "If you want ma Dummy, your gonna have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers...".
    Ah ah, thanks for the tip !

Well, long tail & cargo bikes are not especially popular in France. Can't speak for the neighbors but some countries like Germany, Belgium or Nederlands are much more bike friendly (& cargo-bike friendly & especially Dutch style !). Here, people commute more & more by bike (because of the price of the gas & also because a lot of bike lanes are built in cities) but people generally don't know cargo bikes. At least in the western France where I live ; maybe in the east, near Belgium & Germany, they're more accustomed with those bikes...
    But when french people know cargo bikes, it's almost always front load bikes. They never heard about a Big Dummy...

I agree with you. I never tried something like a Bakfiets so can't speak about them. But I love my Dummy 'cause it can be ridden just like a "normal" bike. It's just a bit longer (& when loaded, much more heavier !) but it's just a f***ing badass bike ! It was not cheap but still don't regret it ! Go Dummy !

I would go to Paris on June 29th for the Paris Cargo Bike Meeting & meet other cargo riders !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3