Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Beastrider

The Trek Transport Thread

Since there is a Yuba Mundo Thread I figured why not a Trek Transport thread..... That is if there is anyone else besides myself that has one of these that actually posts here.......

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    You may be the only one that post here but I do know a shop in Fayetteville Ar. that has one and it looks pretty cool with dual disc breaks.I don't think it cost to much to add a disc rear setup.I would like to see other Trek Transport as well to see how well people are doing with them I know you love your's a lot.Did you ever get the new tires on it yet?The wide loader as I call then on the Trek is well built looks to be very strong the way it is mounted.Guess next time I am up in Fayetteville I going to have to test ride it.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc1956 View Post
    You may be the only one that post here but I do know a shop in Fayetteville Ar. that has one and it looks pretty cool with dual disc breaks.I don't think it cost to much to add a disc rear setup.I would like to see other Trek Transport as well to see how well people are doing with them I know you love your's a lot.Did you ever get the new tires on it yet?The wide loader as I call then on the Trek is well built looks to be very strong the way it is mounted.Guess next time I am up in Fayetteville I going to have to test ride it.
    White walls are due in tomorrow and I'll probably pick them up sometime over the weekend or next week. I am also looking into swapping out the rear brakes and going with disk all around.

If you DO get to ride it have fun!!!!!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRider View Post
    White walls are due in tomorrow and I'll probably pick them up sometime over the weekend or next week. I am also looking into swapping out the rear brakes and going with disk all around.

If you DO get to ride it have fun!!!!!
    Which disk brakes are you going with? I am going to put disk on my YuMu soon and think I am going with the bb7 because they have pad adjusters on both sides (inboard and outboard) I have them on my Pug and like them. I have seen a lot of hydraulic brakes at the shop where I work and don't like them because they leak, need to be bled, and are just generally higher tech, higher maintenance. I think mechanical is the way to go if you want something you can repair on the side of the road with bailing wire. Just my opinion. Are you going 160mm or 180mm? I'm doing 160mm, don't really see the point of bigger, I think even with a loaded cargo bike 160s should be more than adequate. I think the white walls will be cool because all of those lights on your rig will light up your tires. So are there any other transport owners out there or what?

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Desert Walker View Post
    Which disk brakes are you going with? I am going to put disk on my YuMu soon and think I am going with the bb7 because they have pad adjusters on both sides (inboard and outboard) I have them on my Pug and like them. I have seen a lot of hydraulic brakes at the shop where I work and don't like them because they leak, need to be bled, and are just generally higher tech, higher maintenance. I think mechanical is the way to go if you want something you can repair on the side of the road with bailing wire. Just my opinion. Are you going 160mm or 180mm? I'm doing 160mm, don't really see the point of bigger, I think even with a loaded cargo bike 160s should be more than adequate. I think the white walls will be cool because all of those lights on your rig will light up your tires. So are there any other transport owners out there or what?
    I am currently looking around for a decent buy. I am going to go with 160 for the rear as that's what is on the front. Which would make interchanging anything a LOT easier. I was considering going hydraulic, but I would have to change out the rear line for a longer one and just think that would be too much of a pain in the ass over the long term. So I'll be going mechanical. MUCH easier to maintain. Especially with all the crap I would have to move to do ANY maintenance after the initial install.

I agree as well. Bigger isn't always better. 160 front AND rear should be quite enough to stop in almost any situation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    160 disc brakes will be just fine for the Beast.Look at the BB7 they are cheap and real easy to install.
    But I went big on my BD 203 rear 185 on front it gives changes too you when you stop lol...Hurry up and install thoes tires I want to see how it will look know it will be sweet.

Beastrider
    160 disc brakes will be just fine for the Beast.Look at the BB7 they are cheap and real easy to install.
    But I went big on my BD 203 rear 185 on front it gives changes too you when you stop lol...Hurry up and install thoes tires I want to see how it will look know it will be sweet.
    Should be getting the new rubber next week. Just got the email last night that they were in. So it will be Monday or Tuesday before I can go get them.

Beastrider
    Was out and about again today. Got a couple of interesting photos.....

At the Newport News Police Training Center in Newport News, Virginia

My two hobbies....Riding and Railroads.....
    [/FONT]

Beastrider
    YAY!!!!! Whitewall tires will arrive this morning. A special delivery by one of the employees from the LBS on his way to work. These guys REALLY go out of their way for their customers!!!!! I am extremely happy with THIS choice for a bike shop. Check them out below.....

EAST COAST BICYCLES

Beastrider
    GEEZ......290 views.....am I the ONLY Transport owner out there???......LOL

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    GEEZ......290 views.....am I the ONLY Transport owner out there???......LOL
    No you are not the only one with a transport but you may be the only one that will post pics of it.Why who knows...Heck my wife don't even know I have my GPS yet lol.By the time she finds it out it will be use a lot lol...and she will be roflmao...

mtbr member
    The local shop had the e-bike version at a good price, but funds are scarce. I was thinking to retire the classic Schwinn to a nice SS and take it out of errands mode..

So those are the Bike Wrappers in their natural environment that you posted about in the Commuting forum: Cool. I can afford to emulate that much.

BrianMc

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    The local shop had the e-bike version at a good price, but funds are scarce. I was thinking to retire the classic Schwinn to a nice SS and take it out of errands mode..

So those are the Bike Wrappers in their natural environment that you posted about in the Commuting forum: Cool. I can afford to emulate that much.

BrianMc
    Those ARE the Bike Wrappers. And they do a pretty god job even during the daytime. I know that 45 bucks seems a bit pricey, but it is well worth the investment just for the safety aspect.

Beastrider
    Whitewalls on a cargo bike? WHY NOT?????

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Whitewalls on a cargo bike? WHY NOT?????

The very first pic looks to be the best of them all great looking ride.

Beastrider
    the very first pic looks to be the best of them all great looking ride.
    thanks!!!!!:d:d

Beastrider

Out and about today....

Took a couple of photos while out today!!!!!

OH NOOoooo......Speeding????........

Three times the fun!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Nice work Harry you are good with the camera. :-)

Beastrider

... and if we just ...

Nice work Harry you are good with the camera. :-)
    I am rarely without the camera. It has come in very handy and I am always looking for something interesting to shoot. I do go out of my way occasionally to get a decent shot.

Thanks for the compliment!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thats what I need to start doing taking my camera with me all the time but I never do.

Beastrider
    I am used to it. I have been carrying some sort of a camera and tripod around with me when I ride for a long time now. Just seems like it's a part of the bike and my everyday riding gear now.

Beastrider

Well....

I'll keep up my posting even though there doesn't seem to be any other Transport owners out there. I suppose that those who DO actually own them are "wannabes" that don't actually RIDE them.

I was out yesterday and hit the 475 mile mark on mine. As the weather continues to get better mileage should go up........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beastrider

Yay

First time in a while that I got to head out for a relaxing ride. Weather has been to chilly for those simple "killing time" rides....but today!!!!!.......although a bit on the cool side it was a fun and enjoyable ride!!!!!

Beastrider
    More photos......

Beastrider

Made a change.....

Had to make a change to the Milk crate that I was using. The height was a little too much for the weight involved and would cause a little bit of wobble on the rear when there was no load on. So I made a change and cut off about three quarters of the weight. You can see the end result in the photo. It's still quite functional and can carry quite a bit inside. Also, it DOES look just a little better as well.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast