Candlestick Maker

Trek Transport + review

Just passing along a link to a short review of the Trek Transport +. Looks like a fairly good offering.

http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/in...view/#more-989

Wish my Mundo had that 250W motor. I've been looking at electrifying my Mundo, but the d@mn 14mm dropouts make using a rear motor a PITA.
    baker

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Even as a Trek MTB rider, I'm still glad to have a steel frame on my Dummy. If all else was the same and the choice was steel or aluminum on a cargo bike (and accepting that the steel would be a bit heavier) I'd go steel.

mtbr member
    Would have been a more useful review if they actually carried some cargo on the Transport. I have no doubts that it will roll along fine empty.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Would have been a more useful review if they actually carried some cargo on the Transport. I have no doubts that it will roll along fine empty.
    I have had mine since October. Biggest load I have had aboard has been about 75 pounds. I had no problems with riding. No flex whatsoever. Although it was a but rough pulling UP a hill but that's something that was NOT unexpected.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Picturs of the Terk Transport does not show just how well this bike is made.I got to see one first hand at a shop I go to and think next time I go out of town I will stop by and take a test ride the rear is very well made.Like all cargo bikes you have good points and bad points to all of them.Even my BD has good and bad points.And yes going up a steep hill fully loaded is hard but at the same time it can be fun or it is for my self.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc1956 View Post
    Picturs of the Terk Transport does not show just how well this bike is made.I got to see one first hand at a shop I go to and think next time I go out of town I will stop by and take a test ride the rear is very well made.Like all cargo bikes you have good points and bad points to all of them.Even my BD has good and bad points.And yes going up a steep hill fully loaded is hard but at the same time it can be fun or it is for my self.

Since it's raining here today maybe I should go and get some close-up photos showing some of the build characteristics of the bike.....
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRider View Post
    Since it's raining here today maybe I should go and get some close-up photos showing some of the build characteristics of the bike.....
    that would be cool Harry!

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAin'tGotJack View Post
    that would be cool Harry!

Here are some close-ups by request.....

Front PVC accessory mount

Center-Stand Mount

Rear siderack mount

rear top rack weld point

Rear top rack weld point

top and bottom rack weld points

Rear gear mounting point

Rear side rack mount

Rear bumper and side rack mount
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Very nice job you did on installing all of that very neat and clean look.Hats off to you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have been a BD fan as I love my Pug and I luv my steel touring bike but the Dummy is hard to find and HIGH$ I just ordered a Transport even though I am not a Trek fan but I do have a Trek Al tandem and have been impressed by its handling even with the heavy load I carry so I will see soon.