Beastrider

... and if we just ... Things that have been added to "The Beast"

Here is a link to some of the things that I have added to "The Beast". I'll update as new items and photos become available....

http://photobucket.com/beastlyadditions

mtbr member
    cargo bikes are a lot like boats... instead of throwing money in a hole in the water, you're throwing it in the hole of the bucket!
    [SIZE="4"]www.strebmountainbikcostarica.com[/SIZE]

Beastrider

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by marladida View Post
    cargo bikes are a lot like boats... instead of throwing money in a hole in the water, you're throwing it in the hole of the bucket!

Only if you don't put it to good use. And I ride the hell out of mine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Nice bike I like the horn.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc1956 View Post
    Nice bike I like the horn.
    THANKS!!!!! For 25 bucks it's the BEST horn I think I have ever owned!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Just wanted to check in to see what you may have done to your ride.I for one am going to change out my Nitto B-352 handle bar it just did not work out like I wanted it to.

Beastrider
    Just wanted to check in to see what you may have done to your ride.I for one am going to change out my Nitto B-352 handle bar it just did not work out like I wanted it to.
    I am actually considering changing my handlebars to a bullhorn style for the rear reach that they seem to have. That is, IF, I can find one to test out and measure first. I have been looking on Ebay and have found a few that LOOK like they will work. But I would like to find a set at a bike shop just to SEE how they might work before spending the cash.

The Nitto appears to be a little on the wide side for me.....

What else have you done with yours?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Not much to my BD.I wanted the B-352 so bad but just could not get it to work man that sucks lol.But I knew a guy in town that had a BD with the surly torsion bar and I got to ride it.I feel in love with the feel of it.He has the older BD in 18" mine is the new 18" model.Now for your bull horns I never did like the look of them but there is a guy on another BF I go to and he loves his.Thats what so great about bikes you get to pick what works out best for you.I wish you only the best on your pick of handle bar.Its hard to tell by a pic if they will work out or not.I hope to get to take a little trip after I get my new bars setup and maybe put a few miles on the BD.Its so hard to just look at it in my little work shop.I am glade to get here at my place and not have to drive 200 miles to work on it anymore.It will still have the same black and white look I got so cool looking hand grips in white today.Alone with the white bar tape it should have a pretty good look to it.I know a lot of folks don't like whit bar tape but I do.After all of this work on our bicycle we both need to ride or I should say I do anyway and the money you can sure put in one of these bikes.I would hate to tell my wife just how much I really do have in mine.She would blow her top lol.

Beastrider
    Not much to my BD.I wanted the B-352 so bad but just could not get it to work man that sucks lol.But I knew a guy in town that had a BD with the surly torsion bar and I got to ride it.I feel in love with the feel of it.He has the older BD in 18" mine is the new 18" model.Now for your bull horns I never did like the look of them but there is a guy on another BF I go to and he loves his.Thats what so great about bikes you get to pick what works out best for you.I wish you only the best on your pick of handle bar.Its hard to tell by a pic if they will work out or not.I hope to get to take a little trip after I get my new bars setup and maybe put a few miles on the BD.Its so hard to just look at it in my little work shop.I am glade to get here at my place and not have to drive 200 miles to work on it anymore.It will still have the same black and white look I got so cool looking hand grips in white today.Alone with the white bar tape it should have a pretty good look to it.I know a lot of folks don't like whit bar tape but I do.After all of this work on our bicycle we both need to ride or I should say I do anyway and the money you can sure put in one of these bikes.I would hate to tell my wife just how much I really do have in mine.She would blow her top lol.
    I can certainly relate to the money aspect. If I told mine how much she would likely hang me as well.

I am also considering a set of Avid Juicy Hydraulic brakes for mine. I am just a little concerned about the length of the line for the rear brake set. Although I might go with one just for the front and keep the V-brake set on the rear.

I also run Mr. Tuffy tire liners along with the thorn "proof" tubes and the tires that have the kevlar liners. I know it's a bit of overkill, but changing the rear tire can be a royal pain in the butt......

Church of the Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRider View Post
    I am also considering a set of Avid Juicy Hydraulic brakes for mine. I am just a little concerned about the length of the line for the rear brake set. Although I might go with one just for the front and keep the V-brake set on the rear.
    Long cable runs is actually a good reason to go hydraulic on the brakes, because unlike a cable, which increases friction with length, the hydraulic should work same short or extra long. The only extra work might be if you have to source an extra long hose for initial setup. Set it up and bleed it, done!
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mad dog
    May 2007
    Probably the best thing i have added to my Xtra is the Rolling jackass center stand.

As i use the bike daily with 2 or more kids it makes my child loading/ unloading a breeze.

I hear you guys on the $s spent on the cargo bike but how much do you save on fuel etc?
    I ride mine 100km + / week.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by mad dog26 View Post
    Probably the best thing i have added to my Xtra is the Rolling jackass center stand.

As i use the bike daily with 2 or more kids it makes my child loading/ unloading a breeze.

I hear you guys on the $s spent on the cargo bike but how much do you save on fuel etc?
    I ride mine 100km + / week.
    Well, actually I have no idea what I save. I haven't owned a car or had a drivers license since 2000 and, actually, I don't miss it much. My better half DOES have a car that she uses because of the distance she has to travel right now for work. But, as for me, I use the bike on a daily basis!!!!!

Sure, I have spent a lot of money in "extras", but most of that has been for safety items. Lights, horn, that sort of thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    ok man we need more pics and a update on your Beast or I do anyway lol...Whats so cool about this forum is you get to see a lot of ideals on bikes but it also makes you spend more money too lol...

Beastrider
    ok man we need more pics and a update on your Beast or I do anyway lol...Whats so cool about this forum is you get to see a lot of ideals on bikes but it also makes you spend more money too lol...
    Yeah....I guess I should get some fresh photos up and posted. Think I'll wait until I get the new fenders installed though. Those are going to look badass!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    cool