Thread: Sun Atlas Cargo

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Sun Atlas Cargo

Sun is a Miami-based brand that is owned and distributed by JB Importers whose headquarters are in Kent, Washington. They've made a niche out of making bikes for underserved niches. Projected retail price of $550.
    Sun Atlas Cargo-69143.jpg

At some point there will always be a low price version of what has been up to a point a higher price one that has gained enough market share to awaken the mass market types. Will we see cargo bikes in big box stores? Perhaps. Will we see these in bike shops? More than likely.
    The future is not google-able. William Gibson

mtbr member
    I first saw pix of this from different Interbike posts that sprung up. Having a capable cargo bike in the $500 pricepoint is a great idea. The cost of cargo bikes seems to be a roadblock for at least some potential riders. This will get more people using bikes for things they might have considered "car" trips. I seem to remember them saying that it was X compatible. I like the QR's on the V-Rack tubes. I wish my Dummy had them.

Devo
    just last night I was having a conversation about this bike
    the person in mind already has a bike with a wilderness hub, and all the electrics...
    this is the perfect platform, and meets his pricepoint.
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

Devo
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrops
    I like the QR's on the V-Rack tubes. I wish my Dummy had them.
    just dont use watchamacollers
    I have the old style FreeLoaders, the V-racks are tied together with some strap, holding the snapdeck in place. the whole assembly goes off and on very easily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sun Atlas Cargo-img_2413.jpg  

Sun Atlas Cargo-img_2414.jpg  

www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfPropelledDevo
    just dont use watchamacollers
    I have the old style FreeLoaders, the V-racks are tied together with some strap, holding the snapdeck in place. the whole assembly goes off and on very easily.
    I currently am not using whatchamacollars, but I will soon have something similar. From everything I have gleaned over the web, and from people I know, the whatchamacollars do more than secure the rack. Many people have reported that they stiffen up the entire rear end of the Big Dummy. When I am hauling a few bags of groceries, and my two kids it gets a bit wobbly back there, and the clamps are supposed to do wonders in that situation. The QR's are a nice touch to add a bit of stability.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfPropelledDevo
    just last night I was having a conversation about this bike
    the person in mind already has a bike with a wilderness hub, and all the electrics...
    this is the perfect platform, and meets his pricepoint.
    That is what I was thinking, that it would make a great platform for an economic e retro fit. Might have to try one myself as I also have the necessary stuff on the pile.
    The future is not google-able. William Gibson