Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike

370K views 642 replies 230 participants last post by  Gingerdamous 
#1 ·
Dang I can't believe I get to start this thread. Seems every forum has one so post 'em up! Here's a couple of my Dummy.

See less See more
#16 ·
locobaylor said:
Where'd you find that handlebar/stem that you have connected to the seatpost? I was thinking about putting something like that on my bike so passengers have a place to hold onto.
It's an oversize (31.8mm) adjustable 1-1/8" stem, mated to a cut down carbon fiber bar w/ a 28.6->25.4 stem shim. The kids like it. :)

The stem is a Ritchey model in 120mm length (I think), but there are other brands with the same setup. The adjustable angle allows me to set it at zero degrees to make the setup straight.

#22 ·
heres mine, i got sick of pulling around my bob so i built this.
its all straight up 4130, i still need to build a center stand and i need to set up panniers and mount, you'd think there would be more then enough room up top but the bars hit if loaded to high.
it will get a coat of paint sometime this spring.

#23 ·
Bumvee

FastFix said:
MabMan, that is an awesome looking bike-truck that you have there. Is it homemade? The bed looks really functional, although I would be tempted to design and build a tailgate for it.
Yes, garage made. It is codenamed the "Bicycle Utility Motorised Vehicle"

The bed was a concept that while it works, it doesn't work as well as being able to carry the heaviest part of the load at or below axle level stability wise, but it will still haul a pretty good freight. I dragged a 20' 16" culvert up a pretty steep dirt road with the bike awhile back that totally freaked out my buddy who said it could never be done. A few bungies and a stretch cargo net has negated the need for a tail gate of any kind. The best thing about this bike perhaps is that it uses alot of recycled parts and pieces and cost less than a Big Dummy frame to achieve. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.