• 12-23-2009
    superjohnny
    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike
    Dang I can't believe I get to start this thread. Seems every forum has one so post 'em up! Here's a couple of my Dummy.

• 12-23-2009
    Sizzler
    2 Attachment(s)
    Nice ride Superjohnny! Looks like your from PDX? Here's my Big Dummy, about 100 miles upriver from you!
  • 12-23-2009
    Mountain Medic
    Dummy Up

• 12-23-2009
    Blksocks
    I'm 23 and I find those pretty amazing. Is that more of an older person type thing?

They're like tanks! :p
  • 12-23-2009
    Sizzler
    Old person :eekster:, I'm in my 20's!
  • 12-23-2009
    Blksocks
    Older person type like... 20+!!! Damn, I'm old too!

Someone give me a ride off a cliff!

Still very nice bikes though! :p

Edit: What is the maximum weight for those BD's?
  • 12-23-2009
    NHpug
    1 Attachment(s)
    More Dumbitude!
    Here ya go - right now darn cold in NH these last few days, not much riding! There's a bunch of snow where the Dummy sits in this pic.
  • 12-23-2009
    Pigtire
    Old photo. I'll post new ones once I get the chance.

• 12-23-2009
    Skip Bernet

The Wagonqueen Family Truckster

Skip
    Surly Bikes
  • 12-24-2009
    Mojoe
  • 12-24-2009
    NHpug
    Nice shot, Mojoe! If it were me, being a wuss, I might retract the blade :-)
  • 12-24-2009
    baker

• 12-24-2009
    locobaylor
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's my commuter and around-town bike.
  • 12-24-2009
    veloreality
  • 12-24-2009
    locobaylor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baker

Where'd you find that handlebar/stem that you have connected to the seatpost? I was thinking about putting something like that on my bike so passengers have a place to hold onto.
  • 12-24-2009
    baker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by locobaylor
    Where'd you find that handlebar/stem that you have connected to the seatpost? I was thinking about putting something like that on my bike so passengers have a place to hold onto.

It's an oversize (31.8mm) adjustable 1-1/8" stem, mated to a cut down carbon fiber bar w/ a 28.6->25.4 stem shim. The kids like it. :-)

The stem is a Ritchey model in 120mm length (I think), but there are other brands with the same setup. The adjustable angle allows me to set it at zero degrees to make the setup straight.
  • 12-26-2009
    MABman
    6 Attachment(s)
    The Bumvee
    I like my cargo bikes with some oomph and this one will haul the load and the loadee quite nicely.

Attachment 507560

Attachment 507561

Attachment 507562

Attachment 507563

And lights are a must for the long winter nights:)

Attachment 507564

Attachment 507565
  • 12-29-2009
    veloreality
    took the scenic route to the skatepark the other day.

god, i love riding on dirt!:thumbsup:
  • 12-30-2009
    rooster44
    1 Attachment(s)
    My baby.
  • 01-02-2010
    Sizzler
    2 Attachment(s)
    Found these guys in the country today. They were eyeballing my brooks saddle, probably because it's leather.
  • 01-03-2010
    FastFix
    Awesome Bike!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MABman
    I like my cargo bikes with some oomph and this one will haul the load and the loadee quite nicely.

MabMan, that is an awesome looking bike-truck that you have there. Is it homemade? The bed looks really functional, although I would be tempted to design and build a tailgate for it.
  • 01-03-2010
    carrion cycles
    heres mine, i got sick of pulling around my bob so i built this.
    its all straight up 4130, i still need to build a center stand and i need to set up panniers and mount, you'd think there would be more then enough room up top but the bars hit if loaded to high.
    it will get a coat of paint sometime this spring.

• 01-03-2010
    MABman
    Bumvee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FastFix
    MabMan, that is an awesome looking bike-truck that you have there. Is it homemade? The bed looks really functional, although I would be tempted to design and build a tailgate for it.

Yes, garage made. It is codenamed the "Bicycle Utility Motorised Vehicle"

The bed was a concept that while it works, it doesn't work as well as being able to carry the heaviest part of the load at or below axle level stability wise, but it will still haul a pretty good freight. I dragged a 20' 16" culvert up a pretty steep dirt road with the bike awhile back that totally freaked out my buddy who said it could never be done. A few bungies and a stretch cargo net has negated the need for a tail gate of any kind. The best thing about this bike perhaps is that it uses alot of recycled parts and pieces and cost less than a Big Dummy frame to achieve. :thumbsup:
  • 01-04-2010
    superjohnny
    Very cool carrion cycles. That front brake needs a bigger rotor though cause that one looks woefully insufficient ;)
  • 01-04-2010
    carrion cycles