Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 528
  1. #51
    The Brutally Handsome
    Reputation: Sizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by sgill32
    Get some!!!
    That guy puts us all to shame!

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,417
    he's hauling styrofoam!!
    and it's a trike!! WUSS!


    must not be windy, that large a surface area with such a low density would be nearly balloon-like in take-off ability with a good gust!
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

  3. #53
    Gamers local 2112
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    562
    Here's a couple of one I just put together for a guy. Maiden Voyage pics, still not finished.




  4. #54
    lives to ride
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,015
    Not mine unfortunately, but can anyone tell me about this trike?



    Anything would be great.. What it is called, links to a manufacturer or more photos of similar bikes?

    Are they called trikes? reverse trikes? cargo trikes? I understand they are designed for carrying a child up front but my google skills are failing me at the moment!

    I'd love to build one from scratch but don't know how my welding skills would go..

  5. #55
    Lighten up.
    Reputation: mangoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    Found these guys in the country today. They were eyeballing my brooks saddle, probably because it's leather.
    Yeah, the look in that buffalo's eye:

    Funny stuff.

  6. #56
    Lighten up.
    Reputation: mangoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,053
    OK, I'll play.

    The Goat, one of the first Dummy builds (early '08), shown with horribly obsessive owner, and creepy gourd-holding girl, too:


  7. #57
    The Brutally Handsome
    Reputation: Sizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,153
    This has to be one of the best bike pics ever. So many interesting things going on and so many tricks on the eye!

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    58
    duplicate - delete.

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    58
    Picture of my big dummy built last oct.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-picture-055.jpg  


  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevr4
    Not mine unfortunately, but can anyone tell me about this trike?

    Anything would be great.. What it is called, links to a manufacturer or more photos of similar bikes?

    Are they called trikes? reverse trikes? cargo trikes? I understand they are designed for carrying a child up front but my google skills are failing me at the moment!

    I'd love to build one from scratch but don't know how my welding skills would go..
    That's a Nihola (http://www.nihola.nl)
    A Nihola Family to be exact. (cost around 2300 euro)
    Some call them a cargo bike, some say a cargo trike.

    Original term is "triporteur" (French, same name for cargo trikes with engine) and Bakfiets (Dutch, meaning bike (=fiets) of the baker, they used to use this kind of bikes to sell bread)

    Most bakfietsen (plural) where originaly designed to sell stuf: milk, icecream, bread, services like shoemaking, sharpening of knifes and scissors,....

    Nowadays they are very popular for getting grocaries, bringing your children to shool.....

  11. #61
    lives to ride
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrus
    That's a Nihola (http://www.nihola.nl)
    A Nihola Family to be exact. (cost around 2300 euro)
    Some call them a cargo bike, some say a cargo trike.

    Original term is "triporteur" (French, same name for cargo trikes with engine) and Bakfiets (Dutch, meaning bike (=fiets) of the baker, they used to use this kind of bikes to sell bread)

    Most bakfietsen (plural) where originaly designed to sell stuf: milk, icecream, bread, services like shoemaking, sharpening of knifes and scissors,....

    Nowadays they are very popular for getting grocaries, bringing your children to shool.....
    Thanks hydrus! Much appreciated!

  12. #62
    The Brutally Handsome
    Reputation: Sizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,153
    Sweet looking build Spyder. I really dig the color accents! Here's one I snapped on the way to work this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-dummy-day.jpg  


  13. #63
    Chronic Underachiever
    Reputation: MauricioB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    545
    DUMMER. Like nothing else.

    Dummer

  14. #64
    Lighten up.
    Reputation: mangoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MauricioB
    DUMMER. Like nothing else.


    Just did some updating to the Goat. Added a custom bag from Scott at The Porcelain Rocket: http://theporcelainrocket.wordpress.com/

    Great fit and construction. Would not have known about it except for Vik B' getting one for his Dummy. Give Scott a jingle if you want one. This current pattern fits an 18" Dummy frame.

    Also added Xtracycle's new Ecodeck. Heavier, but much more functional than the original Snapdeck.

    Last bits: a bottle opener from Ahearne and above it, a fun top cap from Fast Fred. You can find Fred here (and check out other styles/colors): http://www.fast-freddy.com/ ...and he takes PayPal. Caps are only $5.99.










  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vaultbrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    782
    My most wonderful, brand new Xtra-dale! Built it up this morning and took it out for its first errand. So very wonderful.


  16. #66
    Devo
    Reputation: SelfPropelledDevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,617
    big dummy
    Monterey, Ca...
    and then some...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_0093.jpg  

    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_0585.jpg  

    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_2748.jpg  

    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_3547.jpg  

    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_4072.jpg  

    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

  17. #67
    Lighten up.
    Reputation: mangoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,053
    Greetings, Sensei Devo... Good to hear from you.

  18. #68
    Devo
    Reputation: SelfPropelledDevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoman
    Greetings, Sensei Devo... Good to hear from you.
    kind words... thank you.

    behold The Holy Deck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_2395.jpg  

    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_2396.jpg  

    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ozmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    280
    Some stainless eyelets would look nice in those holes, and add durability too.

  20. #70
    Devo
    Reputation: SelfPropelledDevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmosis
    Some stainless eyelets would look nice in those holes, and add durability too.
    thats 1" copper pipe cut just a bit shy, countersunk and pressed in by hand.
    the holes made imperfectly round with a dremel tool
    the ringlets not perfect either, all scratched, and gouged on the mating sides.
    the fillings mixed in 30 min epoxy
    filets filled the gaps
    then again, all sanded down to have a smooth transition

    and about 20 coats Spar Varnish.

    this deck is about 2 years old, and I refinish it once a year.

    I really doubt that anything corrosion or wear and tear is going to occur to those ringlets.

    but you never know...

    i like the idea of stainless tho...
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

  21. #71
    The Brutally Handsome
    Reputation: Sizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfPropelledDevo

    behold The Holy Deck
    The sustain, listen to it.


  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ozmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfPropelledDevo
    thats 1" copper pipe cut just a bit shy, countersunk and pressed in by hand.
    the holes made imperfectly round with a dremel tool
    the ringlets not perfect either, all scratched, and gouged on the mating sides.
    the fillings mixed in 30 min epoxy
    filets filled the gaps
    then again, all sanded down to have a smooth transition

    and about 20 coats Spar Varnish.

    this deck is about 2 years old, and I refinish it once a year.

    I really doubt that anything corrosion or wear and tear is going to occur to those ringlets.

    but you never know...

    i like the idea of stainless tho...
    Ok, now I see them. I couldn't see them before. Nice!
    You really have thought of everything!

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Howley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    621

    Tailgater Frankenbike

    Link to Boise Bicycle Project bike up for auction this weekend:

    http://www.boisebicycleproject.org/Tailgater.html


  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Medic
















    How much Beer is that? Ice too! You are my Hero!

  25. #75
    master blaster
    Reputation: veloreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,151







Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •