Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Today I used my Dummy with Wideloaders and Longloader for picking up my new Nomad from the post office:

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

56cm Long Haul Trucker (700C) with a newly-installed FreeRadical and Yepp Maxi seat-post mounted child carrier for my 10-month-old son. Rear tire is a 700x35C Panaracer Pasela TG and it just barely clears the FR in the front and rear. probably 1/2 - 1cm at either end. have not bothered to check clearance from tech deck, but it's probably not much different.

Front tire is a 28x2.0 Schwalbe Fat Frank that I originally intended to swap out for a Pasela but honestly I'm finding the added cush up front helps smooth out the ride. So much frame flex out back that the 35C rear tire doesn't feel like that much of a compromise.

When I picked up the LHT frame back in 2011 I don't think Surly had revised their offerings to include 26" wheels and/or disc brakes across the line, but if I could do it over again I'd take both options. 26" wheels give you so many more options, especially with the FR.

Rear hub is a SRAM X9 MTB hub with a disc adaptor, so I'm thinking I may add cable disc brakes next summer. I cashed in all of my marriage goodwill points for this and I get the impression that I still owe a few more

Swapped out cantis for v-brakes in the rear and added a travel agent for compatibility with my road brake levers. I'm very satisfied with stopping performance - this setup is wildly better than cantis, even with 2 extra feet of cable out back. Some say the best rear brake setup is hydraulic disc but I just don't see a compelling reason yet to to justify it.

I'm just sad that there won't be any more wheelies at my house until my son gets a bit older...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by canascrews View Post
    Finally have a contribution to this thread :

Here's my new grocery getter . It's nice to leave the car parked for days now Attachment 861366

Tell me more please canascrews. Developing a love of the cycle trucks and looking for alternates to the soma.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Cool-blue Rhythm Surly Big Dummy Bafang 8Fun BBS-01

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-surly-bafang-0729-2.jpg

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-surly-bafang-0809.jpg

Here's my 2013 Big Dummy with Bafang BBS-01 250W (I'm in Europe, hence the 250W and not 500W or 750W) mid-drive electric conversion kit and a 36V 522 Wh battery.

Love this setup for everyday use with kids.
    More images from the conversion kit installation here:
    Min egen sykkel ? nå med elmotor | transportsykkel.no

(Norwegian text, sorry about that...)

Another Clyde...
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfPropelledDevo View Post
    big dummy
    Monterey, Ca...
    and then some...
    Kifaru gear, NICE!
    Ride while you can...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Long time lurker, first time poster

Heres an old Orange P7 thats been dipped and powder coated along with a set of on one chromoly forks and the xtracycle free radical unit.

Tidied it up nicely

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertbiglummox View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster

Heres an old Orange P7 thats been dipped and powder coated along with a set of on one chromoly forks and the xtracycle free radical unit.

Tidied it up nicely

Aloha, nice work!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I am going through this because I think I need a cargo bike to use at the cabin. despite the great things I read about the Yuba Mundo, there sure seems to be a lot of pics of BD's here. Either they are more popular or the BD guys just like to take pics of their rig.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I believe the Big Dummy has a little better component spec than the Mundo and I'm sure is a little (maybe a lot) lighter. The Yuba, though, is designed to carry much more weight, if you can pedal it! I believe my Yuba claims I can haul 440#'s of cargo plus the rider vs 440#'s (rider and cargo) on the Big Dummy. That is still a bunch of cargo. My wife has health issues and can't pedal her own bike, so for us the Yuba seemed a better option for me to carry an adult around town on the back of the bike. Except for steep hills, I and the Yuba, have no problems doing so. It is a great bike and I have had zero issues with it. I'm sure the BD is a fantastic bike, as well, and probably is slightly easier pedaling due to less weight. Just my rambling thoughts. :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Industrial eBike

Design Logic Da Phat frame, Surly Moonlander parts with a Crystalyte 4060 running at 72V and 60A.

The LiMn 72V, 20Ah batteries are hidden in the DryBag panniers and the panniers conceal the rear hub motor.

The 24 FET Lyen 4110 controller is hidden in the DryBag trunk bag. Its mounting plate is an aluminum heat sink.

Weight capacity is 375 lbs., top speed is 30 mph and the range is 25 miles with normal pedaling.

46T chain ring and a 7 speed cassette in the rear where the smallest sprocket has only 11T, so I can still be pedaling up to about 28 mph.

The Cycle Analyst is a V3 and includes a temperature sensor for the motor.

I bullt two prototype bikes as in the photo. They are identical down to the last washer for 100% parts interchangeabilty.

I added a link to my bike's website: Home

I don't sell anything. The website is for anybody who wants to build an industrial ebike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_0054.jpg  

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_0024.jpg  

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_0359.jpg  

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_0362.jpg  

Last edited by vadimhellbike; 1 Week Ago at 03:03 PM. Reason: new info

mtbr member
    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-ute-snow-32615.jpg

mtbr member

Flatted out for the first time in a long time. Long walk to the car.

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-johnwayne419152.jpg

mtbr member

A couple of my grocery run bikes on St Thomas US Virgin Islands.

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-bike-st-thomas.jpg

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-red_xtracycle_1.jpg

mtbr member

Here's an old photo of my Sun Atlas Cargo bike in Key West after 1000 mile tour.

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-key-west-trip-020.jpg

7up
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    This is my Trek Transport Equiped with....Nivinci N360 Rear / BB7 Mountain disc brakes / BB02 MidDrive 750 watt 48 volt / Lifepo4 Battery Pack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-image.jpg  

Dinner for wolves

Bamboo bakfiets

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-varnish1.jpg

This is a tad premature, but if all goes according to plan, my bamboo cargo bike will be rolling in the Fall.
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    looks pretty awesome so far!

mtbr member
    Sweet!! Looking awesome. Great idea.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22