Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    O.K. so I just registered to get in on this thread......it's phenomenal!....gonna try embedding pics for the first time too, so bare with me.......

I have the Sun Atlas Cargo.....I love it......it's a poorman's BD.........I even plan on painting it semi O.D. like the first BD......that was the first cargo bike I ever saw......that green with tanned leather accessories, wow! so here's mine......first day I got it home(8 months ago)...

IMG_2004

IMG_2005

hope the pics work......

here she is more recent with electric assist.....
    LOw res, sorry............

IMG_2508

IMG_2509

and let's not forget the most important thing, sound system!.....
    IMG_2152

IMG_2173

Tons of fun, I don't haul humans so my 25-50lbs. usual cargo is pleasant and she is a blast with no load, no one ever talks about the great unloaded handling and fun.....I'm 6'1" 265lbs. so I feel proportionate on this bike.....I don't ride the bkakes anymore on fast decents....it's way more secure feeling......looking to road trip and backcountry with this rig eventually............Cheers!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    couch on ute/chariot.
    walked it home, still some icy roads , couldn't chance a wipe-out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-couchute.jpg  

If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Winter Dummy

I wasnt sure I could justify getting this bike as I thought I was only going to use it to get dog food and run a few errands. It has become my almost daily commuter and the long wheelbase makes it very stable for the winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_1282.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Surly Troll w/ Custom Surly Trailer - Worlds first folding Heavy duty trailer

Good Morning Transporters,

I have been away for far too long, but I bring super cool news and updates. First is the Newish Cargo bike.

The Surly Troll 18" fitted with a Trek Police groupset
    (Which means 3x8 speed and Silent clutch hubs!)

Check out the photo - this is Rev.1
    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-troll.jpg

This is Rev.2 After, I added the front cargo rack.
    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-picture-424.jpg

After 18 months of riding, and using it for everything from daily shopping, to loaded touring to full hauling - it has proven a nearly indispensable bike for being able to live via only two wheels.

However, When you need something more - You might as well go all the way. Introducing the worlds first folding heavy duty utility trailer. This has proven over the last year an incredible addition to any cargo bike.

Here the trailer is in "Long Mode" with me bringing my wife trike into get checked.

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-picture-065.jpg

Here the Trail is in "Short Mode" making a run to the tire store for trailer tires.

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-picture-592.jpg
    Absolutely indispensable.

I will post a full review on the trailer soon. Maybe even an instructable.

Cheers!

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Civia Halsted

Finally have a contribution to this thread :
    Here's my new grocery getter . It's nice to leave the car parked for days now Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-cam00044.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

$79.00 walmart mountain bike turned int bakfiet

Quote Originally Posted by superjohnny View Post
    Dang I can't believe I get to start this thread. Seems every forum has one so post 'em up! Here's a couple of my Dummy.

Some friends left two cheap MTb bikes at my house and so I cut them both up and reworked them. The first bike made dirt rag mag news as. DIY Walmart fat bike and the other bike I built into a cargo bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-image.jpg  

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-image.jpg  

mtbr member

Sun Atlas in Costco mode

I have had my Atlas cargo for about 3 years (10k on bike) now and couldn't be more happy. She is my daily driver, child transporter, super camper, chicken food hauling machine. You couldn't get more for your money as far as I am concerned. Having had hundreds of bikes, so weird to say this one is the funnest thing I have ever had.

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-atlas.jpg

mtbr member
    My Xtracycle Edgerunner Mdrive
    Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_121362120816023.jpeg
    Mid Drive is the future of e-cargo bikes.

mtbr member
    Oooo! An Edgerunner!!! Those are cool!

Here's my new BD build wanted one for years, got one last week and finished the accessories today

And with the sidecar attachment. I plan on using it mainly for larger loads but my kids & hubby already are vying for a seat on it...so I think it might get used a lot more than I expected but mainly for entertainment
    2010 Surly Conundrum
    2012 Pugsley
    2012 Felt Brougham
    2013 Salsa Colossal
    2013 All City Nature Boy
    2014 Big Dummy

mtbr member

Re: Post Pics of your Cargo Bike

My latest build.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sweet! How is the gearing?

mtbr member
    I have a 45T chainring, 9 speed 11-34 cassette. Motor drive gear is 20T mated to a jackshaft 16T freewheel and on the drive gears for the rear wheel are 16T freewheel and 16T fixed gear both our together with an adapter. The front cranks doesn't move when motor is turning. This system is not the same as how stoke monkey works. Pedals and motor assist are totally independent from each other. Top speed with 48V pack is 30mph on flat terrain and can still climb the steepest Hills I can find in my area.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Which system is that? Do you have closer pictures of the powered drivetrain?
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    And with the sidecar attachment. I plan on using it mainly for larger loads but my kids & hubby already are vying for a seat on it...so I think it might get used a lot more than I expected but mainly for entertainment
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	871126[/QUOTE]

I ride a vintage BMW sidecar rig and the sidecar is on the right side of the bike, other Big Dummy's I have saw the sidecar is on the right side, in the USA. With no disrespect, I was wondering why you have the sidecar on the left side of the bike? I really like riding my sidecar rig and a sidecar rig on a Big Dummy would be fun!

mtbr member

Re: Post Pics of your Cargo Bike

Quote Originally Posted by TroyS600 View Post
    Which system is that? Do you have closer pictures of the powered drivetrain?

I made it myself.

mtbr member
    Just put my xtracycle on a frame that fits me. I love the way these things ride. Having it on a big enough bike makes a world of difference too.

mtbr member
    Nice!! The height of your donor bike makes it look more like an EdgeRunner! Lookin good!
    2010 Surly Conundrum
    2012 Pugsley
    2012 Felt Brougham
    2013 Salsa Colossal
    2013 All City Nature Boy
    2014 Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman View Post

I ride a vintage BMW sidecar rig and the sidecar is on the right side of the bike, other Big Dummy's I have saw the sidecar is on the right side, in the USA. With no disrespect, I was wondering why you have the sidecar on the left side of the bike? I really like riding my sidecar rig and a sidecar rig on a Big Dummy would be fun!
    They(Xtracycle) suggest using it on the non-drive side first while learning to use it. I have no opinion one way or another but not having it by the chain for mounting & dismounting with kids & cargo is fine with me. So I don't know if I would change it even after getting used to the feel of riding with it. I ride it mainly on 11ft wide separated city trails so I am not really concerned so much with traffic/road stuff once I get out of the grocery store parking lot.
    2010 Surly Conundrum
    2012 Pugsley
    2012 Felt Brougham
    2013 Salsa Colossal
    2013 All City Nature Boy
    2014 Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    They(Xtracycle) suggest using it on the non-drive side first while learning to use it. I have no opinion one way or another but not having it by the chain for mounting & dismounting with kids & cargo is fine with me. So I don't know if I would change it even after getting used to the feel of riding with it. I ride it mainly on 11ft wide separated city trails so I am not really concerned so much with traffic/road stuff once I get out of the grocery store parking lot.
    Thanks for cleaning that up. Not sure why they would say to put use it on the non drive side to get used to it? I guess though it would be easier to work on the chain being on the non drive side, something I hadn't thought about.

mtbr member
    Made a few changes...

Replaced crankset with a triple. Still no front de-railer(RIP Sheldon)

So I carry an organic front de-railer on my bars for quick access. Inspired by Grant Petersen.

I also rigged a system to carry my Ortleibs with the regular V-racks. I wanted to secure them to the bike a bit more than just putting them in the xtra bags so I fabricated some attachment points for the pannier hooks that are at least as high tech as my organic front de-railer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Dummy

Cargo bikes are the heat!

Changed to a Yepp seat

Last edited by Butchcantswim; 03-11-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: More pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vaultbrad View Post
    Ha ha, biodegradable FD. Nice.

mtbr member
    ^Nothing but the finest for my bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

More pics

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-image.jpgPost Pics of your Cargo Bike-image.jpgPost Pics of your Cargo Bike-image.jpgPost Pics of your Cargo Bike-image.jpg

Disabled Vet
    I haven't been around here so much lately,haven't been cargo biking much since the move just over a year ago. A month or so ago,I pulled my Trek/Xtracycle apart and started rebuilding the Trek as a period mtn bike (well,I started looking for parts,LOL,haven't turned a wrench on it yet-it's a 2000 6000),mainly brought on because I needed the build kit off of it to build up a new Surly Troll frame/fork.

Well....even though I don't have op to utilize it much like before th emove here,I missed having the Xtracycle,and having recently picked up a 1996 Specialized Hard Rock in clean condition (a bit too big for me with a Large/21" frame...I'm a Medium frame size guy),I got bored over the weekend and started a putting it together...

It's not top tier on the priority list (not having much use for it living here,at least for now),but I have a finished build in my head that won't go away already (which will hopefully include those nifty new bags,and a pair of Wide Loaders),so it will happen,LOL
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast