Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    longbikeguy, would you have other pictures of your trailer? thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    294465_2348696841484_1371981033_32785484_4618379_n This was before I put in the wire mesh to act as baskets.IMG_3034 After with a quick coat of paint.

weirdo
    Very cool Inoy!
    How do you make the long steerers? Just sleeve and weld, I suppose?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    rodar, yes sleeve and weld, though i go a bit overboard by drilling holes on the fork steerer to increase weld area. thanks for the comment!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    nice!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Very interesting inoy. Geometry is different, cranks are nearly under the handlebar. Does that work well? Is it very functional or more of just a fun oddity?
    Bend, OR

weirdo
    The geometry isn`t exactly standard, but it has certainly been used by others:
    Crank Forward Bicycles

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    the Etta 1 and Camioncyclette were the inspiration for my pahinante. pahinanteinspiration | Flickr - Photo Sharing! i knew i would never get my hands on either so i made a mash-up of the 2.

TroyS600, yes it is different. i can't go as fast or as far on this.

rodar, yes crank forward designs use different muscles, here's one similar to current longtails. piyon 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Here is a pic of my new Bullitt

From Copenhagen but I got it from the distributer in the UK. Several places stock them in the USA. Loads of info and photos on flickr

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Smile Nice to see another bakfiet style cargo bike on here

I putz around building cargobikes out of mountain bike rear ends and fabricated front ends
    I have gotten to ride a few different flavors of bike, but not the bullitt.
    Have a swell ride

Fred

mtbr member
    2012 Orbea Carpe H.30. Picked it up last week. Distance to work 3.5 miles. Goal is to ride it 5 days a week and mix it up on the way home with longer rides.

Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Nice looking bike. 3.5 miles should be a breeze! Enjoy.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tenbears10 View Post
    Here is a pic of my new Bullitt

From Copenhagen but I got it from the distributer in the UK. Several places stock them in the USA. Loads of info and photos on flickr
    Nice ride ! Big Apples ?
    Front wheel rules ! As we say here in france : "petit mais costaud !" (could be translated in "small but beefy")
    What's your Flickr ? Want to see more !

Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post
    2012 Orbea Carpe H.30. Picked it up last week. Distance to work 3.5 miles. Goal is to ride it 5 days a week and mix it up on the way home with longer rides.

Sexy bike !
    Kind of bikes that make you regret not living far from work !
    You know the poor skills of french people for foreign languages so please be indulgent with me !

mtbr member
    May 2011

my two inertia designs dryback panniers. The hooks fit right over the rack and I use horizontal tightly stretched bungie cords to catch the bottom hook.

I found this bag for $20 at harbor freight. wheels help keep it on the bike, interferes with derailleur if on the right side.

Cormac
    the other day i rode home on this bike from the airport with 2 pairs of skis, a gigantor duffel bag, ski boots and a messenger bag all on the back. was super awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-dsc02141.jpg  

'11 Dawes Deadeye
    '12 Niner E.M.D. 9
    '09 Giant ocr c1
    Xtracycle

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cormy View Post
    the other day i rode home on this bike from the airport with 2 pairs of skis, a gigantor duffel bag, ski boots and a messenger bag all on the back. was super awesome.
    Did you ride the bike to the airport and leave it while you were away? I'd be worried about security removing it with all the precautions airports take.

I just got to my office, towed my mtb along so I can do a group ride tonight without having to waste time going home first.

mtbr member

SPAM Paid Cycle Truck For Sale in Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by mainlyfats View Post
    One more shot, minus racks. It's sister bike was ridden to the 2008 Cycle Messenger World Championships in the cargo bike category. I'll have to ask Rick about getting some stripes for it.

Hunter Cycle Truck minus racks
    Hunter Travel Fixed Gear Cargo Bike - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Fixed gear cargo bike eh? No brakes...

Looks cool i guess, kind of a bike without a purpose though, isn't it? I'd love to have it with a 2x7 drivetrain and brakes (and the racks, of course).
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyS600 View Post
    Fixed gear cargo bike eh? No brakes...

Looks cool i guess, kind of a bike without a purpose though, isn't it? I'd love to have it with a 2x7 drivetrain and brakes (and the racks, of course).
    That picture actually shows a coaster brake. It's a fixed gear now with a front brake.

The purpose behind this bike was to make a travelling cargo bike that could be knocked down easily and not incur extra charges when flying. One almost exactly like it - fixed and all - was pedalled to the win in the cargo category at the messenger world championships in 2008.

I appreciate that this isn't for everyone.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I hope i didn't sound harsh. That's the trouble with the internet. It's more that I don't quite understand what it's for. I guess it's a specialty bike just for the fun of it. Nothing wrong with that.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    This only took 2 1/2 years but my pick up is done!

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_3900.jpg

Post Pics of your Cargo Bike-img_1047.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Whoa. Love. Details?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Details:
    Banjo Frame, fork, and stainless front rack
    Stealth Pro Hubs 150mm rear with Ceramics
    All Sram XX 2 x 10 with 11T - 36T XTR frt Der
    Hope Tech EVO X2 with dual vented rotors front and back
    Brooks grips and saddle
    Ti Carver bar frt, Old Ti Titec straight bar back
    Profile 170mm crank set with Ti spindle w/ a left BMX drive sprocket for the Stokemonkey
    StokeMonkey Motor for Hi Torque with a Lithium Phos Batt. with custom throttle
    DT Swiss Alpine III Spokes
    Surly Marge Lite 26" w/ red rim strip
    Surly Larry Tire 26" 3.8
    Custom wood fenders and snap deck / Battery box
    Thomson Stem / post
    Lights: Rear - Flare / Front - SixPack

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseCaboose View Post
    Details:

Profile 170mm crank set with Ti spindle w/ a left BMX drive sprocket for the
    Amazing bike! the profile cranks caught my attention. I rode bmx avidly in the days that euro bb's started replacing american bb's. Profile euro bb's are rather prone to failure with their tiny bearings squeezed between the 19mm spindle and bb shell; I'm curious about how many miles you've got on yours.

At least you likely won't have the problem of breaking the cranks. Riding street bmx on profiles is like trying to ride offroad on a calfee bamboo bike . At least they're manufactured domestically.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thank you, I have 400 miles on it now. I have other bikes with Profiles and the in board euros last about a year. I did replace the bearing out on my big dummy before I sold it and replace the in board euro bearings with the new outboard euro bearings Profile just came out with. The Euro outboard bearing are really nice and durable.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast