Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Got it. "SUB" duly noted. Vernacular updated.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

Disabled Vet
    I didn't coin that term,mind you,Xtracycle (or Dirt Rag magazine when they first tested the Xtra way back when) did
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Beastrider

Hampton, Virginia

As most of you know my area was hit with a Tornado recently. Well, this happened the night before the annual Blackbeard Festival was scheduled to start. So, the next morning, I headed down with ""THE BEAST"" to offer my services in any way that I could. Well, due to the immense outpouring of help I was turned away as they had, quite literally, hundreds of people there to help. Amazing to see it happen. I do have numerous photos posted on my personal Facebook page of some of the damage and also on the Cargo Cyclist group there as well.

Anyway, as I was heading out I happened to run into the man that plays the Blackbeard character every year. This is the same man that's featured in the History Channel shows about Pirates. We chatted a bit and he told me that since I was flying the "Skull and Crossbones" that, technically, ""THE BEAST"" belonged to him and his Pirates. All in good fun of course. Here's the photo of the attempted ""Pillaging of THE BEAST""........

Blackbeard attempts to pillage ""THE BEAST"".....

A close-up of Blackbeard.....
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

Disabled Vet
    What RRR you doin? LOL,cool pics,my friend!
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by longhaultrucker View Post
    What RRR you doin? LOL,cool pics,my friend!

Avast ye scurvy dog....we be havin' fun in these parts this weekend........
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

Disabled Vet
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    heres my bike and trailer combo... taken in front of the edible pedal bike shop [IMG][/IMG]

Disabled Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by longbikeguy View Post
    heres my bike and trailer combo... taken in front of the edible pedal bike shop [IMG][/IMG]
    W-O-W.....I bet you can haul a LOAD on that setup! NICE
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Beastrider
    heres my bike and trailer combo... taken in front of the edible pedal bike shop
    That's one helluva trailer. Would love to see some close-up shots of the front end of it. Looks GREAT!!!!!

Beastrider
    Out on a recent ride.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hi LHT.... thanks.. I built the trailer to haul a washing machine or furniture or maybe a small refrigerator... I also thought someone in a wheelchair could ride in it... its low and stable... and having the front wheel really helps for handling .. this thing is so maneuverable.. i got this idea after seeing our local trash scavenger guy.. he had made something similar and it worked so good I thought why not? someone had asked how the front end works.. well its just a bmx for turned backwards and the tongue is a piece of tube in the stem where the handlebars lived.. here's a pic of how I got the idea.

also here's a pic of my big trike

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I agree.. I have tried xtrastyle long bikes with rider up front... I prefer having the cargo up front and my weight on the rear... but diff strokes for diff folks

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRider View Post
    That's one helluva trailer. Would love to see some close-up shots of the front end of it. Looks GREAT!!!!!
    oh thanks..Beast Rdr.. sori i missed this well i dont have any other pics but its pretty basic.. I wondering why there aren't many 3 wheeled trailers cause it sure does work good

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    As most of you know my area was hit with a Tornado recently. Well, this happened the night before the annual Blackbeard Festival was scheduled to start. So, the next morning, I headed down with ""THE BEAST"" to offer my services in any way that I could. Well, due to the immense outpouring of help I was turned away as they had, quite literally, hundreds of people there to help. Amazing to see it happen. I do have numerous photos posted on my personal Facebook page of some of the damage and also on the Cargo Cyclist group there as well.

Anyway, as I was heading out I happened to run into the man that plays the Blackbeard character every year. This is the same man that's featured in the History Channel shows about Pirates. We chatted a bit and he told me that since I was flying the "Skull and Crossbones" that, technically, ""THE BEAST"" belonged to him and his Pirates. All in good fun of course. Here's the photo of the attempted ""Pillaging of THE BEAST""........

Blackbeard attempts to pillage ""THE BEAST"".....

A close-up of Blackbeard.....
    haha just read ur story about them claiming ur bike... well I also visited your cargo bike page... I tried to "like" it from my cargo bike page but couldn't do that ... Maybe I need to do it from my personal page... hey I have a cargo page as well whic is www.facebook.com/cycletrucks if you would like to visit.. would love to have a pirate cargo bike contact... take care John

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    New to the party, and haven't had time to do any big customizing of a mostly-box-stock BD:

When I somehow stranded bikes at work (wife drove out to pick me up for dinner date or whatever), I took a trailer with me the next day to haul it home:

Another time, similar circumstances:

A friend reports that Louisville, Kentucky has more Bikes at Work trailers in use than Portland, Oregon. I assume that there are other brands represented in Portland, along with perhaps more cargo bikes without trailers, but I think there are eight or more of the Bikes at Work trailers in town. Here are two, image taken during a bike move a year or two ago:

Getting where I'm going--by bicycle!

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    What drive train do you have on that rig? If your IGH doesn't have some range, I hope your area is pretty flat!

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeolounger View Post
    New to the party, and haven't had time to do any big customizing of a mostly-box-stock BD:

We ALL started with a mostly stock something.......

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    We ALL started with a mostly stock something.......
    Oh, yeah. And, as an until-recently bike shop guy, I used to make a living on that evolution from stock.

I got to looking a few minutes ago, pondering what I HAVE done to the BD. It has run-of-the-mill add-ons, like a set of Planet Bike fenders and a cyclometer (the better to quantify how much fun I have with this bike). Less common, but still within range of "normal," are things like the quick-release seat post collar (so that my wife can ride the bike once in a while), the Brooks B67 saddle (springs for "lap of luxury" comfort!), the Surly Open Bar handlebar, and the Ergon GP1-L grips. The Origin 8 faux-Carradice bag will provide storage for bungees and on-road tool kit. I've ordered the Bikes at Work hitch (there is one to fit the Big Dummy), so that I may pull my . I'll soon get the Xtracycle Wide Loaders as well.

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Bullitt

Building a new cargo bike. It is a Bullitt from Copenhagen. Hopefully finished in the next week, parts and time allowing. I'll upload pictures when I have enough posts.

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012

Yeah, the Bikes at Work hitch arrived!

Here's a closer view of the cockpit, with the Salsa Open Bar, Ergon grips, and cyclometer (Sigma 1609--would have been fine with the 1009, but this one was in stock):

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy

Cormac
    I love this thread! I ordered my Xtracycle attachment a couple days ago and I am SO STOKEDDD!! I am already an avid bicycle commuter, but every once and a while there was a day where i had to much to carry to ride the bike. So stoked to just be able to ride my bike every where no matter what. Ill post pics when i build it up!!
    '11 Dawes Deadeye
    '12 Niner E.M.D. 9
    '09 Giant ocr c1
    Xtracycle

Disabled Vet
    Hi LHT.... thanks.. I built the trailer to haul a washing machine or furniture or maybe a small refrigerator... I also thought someone in a wheelchair could ride in it... its low and stable... and having the front wheel really helps for handling .. this thing is so maneuverable.. i got this idea after seeing our local trash scavenger guy.. he had made something similar and it worked so good I thought why not? someone had asked how the front end works.. well its just a bmx for turned backwards and the tongue is a piece of tube in the stem where the handlebars lived.. here's a pic of how I got the idea.

also here's a pic of my big trike

AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cormy View Post
    I love this thread! I ordered my Xtracycle attachment a couple days ago and I am SO STOKEDDD!! I am already an avid bicycle commuter, but every once and a while there was a day where i had to much to carry to ride the bike. So stoked to just be able to ride my bike every where no matter what. Ill post pics when i build it up!!
    Sweet,can't waita sees it,Brother! I know I'm still loving mine
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Ohne Jangschalltung
    Ute:

Last edited by nordstadt; 06-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Disabled Vet
    NICE!
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

gearstomorrow
    Haha, great stuff!

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast