Beastrider

new reflective product

At the Norfolk, Virginia BikeFest a couple of weeks ago I had FIKS Reflective installed on ""THE BEAST"". These are reflective rim strips that work quite well. I am attaching a photo of them with the flash on and off. These are NOT recommended for bikes with rim brakes though. If you have any questions please message me or leave a comment. As most of you know I am all about being seen so I am just passing this product along. Here's the link to their Facebook page....

https://www.facebook.com/FiksReflective

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

ONe less gear
    My Fat Franks have a reflective strip.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by bugly64 View Post
    My Fat Franks have a reflective strip.
    I don't have Fat Franks so I found this to be rather useful.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member

Good job! Cool

Those things really make a difference. Were they hard to get on there straight?

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Desert Walker View Post
    Those things really make a difference. Were they hard to get on there straight?
    Not any problems installing. They come in multiple pieces that slightly overlay each other so you're not putting on the entire ring at once. Easy to follow directions.

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    When I built new wheels for my wife's Ryan Vanguard (yes, we each have one), I used the Velocity Halo rims (reflective powdercoat). They are not quite as reflective as the sidewall stripes on her Schwalbe Marathon Racer tires, though, according to real-world testing. The Fiks might be better still.

However, I'm of the opinion that if you need wheel reflectors to keep from getting hit, you've already lost the battle. Active front lighting and situational awareness usually prevent things from getting to the point that I need side reflectors (I have reflective sidewall stripes on several of my tires, in part because that's how they come from Schwalbe).

And, YAY! This is my fifth post. Now I get to do an introduction if I can find appropriate place to do so.
    Getting where I'm going--by bicycle!

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy