Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here. Most Radical set up CB, Post'em up here!

What is your most radical set up that your cargo bike has provided so far...

...largest/longest load, most objects, most organized.

Of course trailers out back are welcome also!

My project is upcoming, and I will share more when I get more done, but for now let's see your ideas!

Thanks fellow CBers

Beastrider
    Here's my setup.....

Daytime

NightTime

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'd like to share but im not up to 10 posts yet so no pics... maybe this will help me get closer though

mtbr member
    May 2009
    This isn't really wasn't much weight. It was one way to get my refreshing beverages and mountain bike to the trail. It also really made me want to look at building a dummy.

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRider View Post
    Here's my setup.....
    That is one pretty bike!

First post, but I'll post an intro separately.

My most radical? Probably the last bike move I helped do. Was riding my Ryan Vanguard (recumbent), pulling a chopped-off first-generation Fresh Air (now Bikes at Work) trailer, loaded with 150# of books and a sofa, all wrapped in plastic to protect from rain. After I post enough, I'll see if I can link a picture...
    Last edited by bikeolounger; 06-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Getting where I'm going--by bicycle!

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    A bit over a year ago, one of my bikes got stuck at work (wife came to get me for some reason or another). Got it home soon after, though:

AND my two repair stands!

A couple weeks later, I got a new bike (I was working in a bike shop, after all). Its first use after its check ride was to pull the trailer home carrying the 3-speed:

A couple weeks ago, my treasured Ryan Vanguard got stuck at the store, so I pulled my Bikes at Work trailer to work the next day to get the 'bent home:

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

Thanks, nice rigs, great ideas!

My plan is to park my car at a trail head, then tow my 17 foot canoe upstream hooked to the back of my CB on some semi fashioned trailer. I plan to use the back of my CB as a fifth wheel like a big rig 18 wheeler. A pivot on the rear rack that will allow turning and up & down movement. Out back of the canoe a single wheel held on with a folding bracket either of aluminum or nylon strap material.

OK, the details are spoken, now the fun purpose. This will allow me to tow the canoe upstream, launch it into the water putting the CB onto the canoe and fish or just relax on the way down stream.

Lots of options here, and it would be fun to fashion a purposeful CB just for this plan, maybe a folder CB of some kind, to aid in storing it in the canoe for the trip down stream.

Here's the(caveman) pic of my idea, I'll get some pics of the canoe & materials as I progress!

Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most Radical set up CB, Post'em up here!-cb-canoe-hauler.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 06-07-2012 at 12:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I go to a local fishing hole. 1.5 miles away frome home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most Radical set up CB, Post'em up here!-img_0322.jpg  

Most Radical set up CB, Post'em up here!-img_0321.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Awesome...

...towing the kayak and catching that beauty is what it's all about.

Thanks for sharing, you just fired me up, I gotta get to work!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I have to post a bit more times before I can share pics, but good darn job with the KAYAK!!

Vegan on the S-Works
    I eat up to 70 bananas a day so if you see a guy riding with boxes of bananas its either me or someone that knows me. Stop and say 'are you Durianrider??' and you will get a big smile back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by longbikeguy View Post
    I'd like to share but im not up to 10 posts yet so no pics... maybe this will help me get closer though
    ditto

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    durianrider, how does 2 trailers feel in turns? do you turn wide?

Loves to suffer
    My three cargo bikes are all three-wheelers. This is the one with the most capacity being used to transport the smallest one home from the LBS in the rain last March.

Unfortunately I goofed and forgot to put something between the Worksman's front fork and the basket on the Gomier, so I ended up with a nice gouge in the fork's paint that I had to touch up. Oops!

one adult trike towing another one by kittyz202, on Flickr

Here's the Worksman being used to transport my new Dahon Speed D7 folding bike home from REI last May. A folder on a folder!

Worksman Port-O-Trike carrying Dahon Speed D7 by kittyz202, on Flickr

Worksman Port-O-Trike carrying Dahon Speed D7 by kittyz202, on Flickr

Here's the Gomier being used to transport my new Bike Friday Pocket Companion folding bike home from the LBS last November.

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    Ha! DR you are everywhere.

Swedetarded
    Does this count?

mtbr member
    Totally !
    You know the poor skills of french people for foreign languages so please be indulgent with me !

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by olegbabich View Post
    I go to a local fishing hole. 1.5 miles away frome home.
    What trailer is that?

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    Bike: 2010 Globe (Specialized) Vienna 3 Disc
    Trailer: Bikes at Work 96A
    Load: Mainstream Inspiration kayak

We have one of the Ironman series triathlons here in Louisville. This was my third year as an on-water volunteer during the swim segment. Parking for this is not a big problem, but driving out can be, due to race-related road closures (the bicycle portion goes out the nearest road). To help me get home more easily, AND to not have to use gasoline that day, I figured out that I could ride to the event. Here's a shot taken a week before the race, during my trial run to time my trip.

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quite impressive, to say the least!

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    A year or two ago my wife walked to the local asian supermarket with my kids to do some shopping. I stayed home. She called me from the market to tell me to drive over because they had 50 lb bags of rice for sale and she had bought one. There's no way she was going to get that thing home on foot. I rode my Nashbar Touring bike over there instead of driving. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I pulled up! I dropped most of the groceries into the panniers and strapped the bag of rice on top of the rack and took off for home. It was an uneventful ride except for the dismount where the bike almost flipped over due to the high center of gravity from the weight up high.

mtbr member

Ol' Midas helps me lug around laundry about every other week, hopefully I will find a more suitable 700c/29" tire for the front end Looking into a Kenda Karma or Kross tire around a 1.9" thickness.
    Saving up for a Yuba Mundo

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Those kayak trailers look like they could be fashioned out of an old aluminum ladder. Anybody try this?