Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Beastrider
    Reputation: BeastRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    311

    Last Ride of 2011

    Here are some photos from my last ride of 2011...ENJOY!!!!!


    Newport News Shipbuilding


    James River Bridge is in the background


    Trains and Bikes. Two things I love to do!!!!!


    Hilton Village in Newport News
    ((Read the sign to understand part of what makes this place special))


    Somewhere in Newport News


    Newport News Police Headquarters


    Somewhere in Newport News

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    175
    Awesome way to send out the year. Thanks for sharing.
    I write for the Dusty Musette.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: esundell90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    768
    You're a railfan too? Not too many out there. I kinda miss my train days, but there aren't that many opportunities for train spotting up here. That and my whole HO scale model railroad collection is collecting dust in a storage locker...
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

  4. #4
    Beastrider
    Reputation: BeastRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by esundell90 View Post
    You're a railfan too? Not too many out there. I kinda miss my train days, but there aren't that many opportunities for train spotting up here. That and my whole HO scale model railroad collection is collecting dust in a storage locker...
    I am a HUGE railfan. Some of the Rail Employees around here often let me in on when "special" rail cars are coming through. Most recent was the U.S. Navy Pullman Passenger car. Got some GREAT shots of that one. But, my BEST one was when I was in Michigan in 2008 and went to Owosso and got to stand on the front on the Polar Express engine right next to the huge bell it has. And, YES, I did get dome GREAT photos of that. Even got to sit in the engineers seat!!!!!

    It's pretty easy to find some decent spots to get photos when you are on a bike. You can get to some areas that you couldn't in a car. I have never been run out of anyplace either. Although I have been stopped by the railway police. Once I tell them I am a railfan and show them the camera they usually understand. Often telling me a good place to get photos.....

  5. #5
    Disabled Vet
    Reputation: longhaultrucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,021
    Awesome pics and way to end out the year!

    I spent the better part of a year hauling containers in\out and around the VA Beach\N.N. area a decade ago,loved the area (I'm a VA native,but hailing from the complete other side of the state on the TN border now,LOL!)
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

  6. #6
    Beastrider
    Reputation: BeastRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by longhaultrucker View Post
    Awesome pics and way to end out the year!

    I spent the better part of a year hauling containers in\out and around the VA Beach\N.N. area a decade ago,loved the area (I'm a VA native,but hailing from the complete other side of the state on the TN border now,LOL!)
    Been down your way MANY times. We have relatives in the Roanoke area and are down that way often. One of these days I am taking my ride with me and seeing how this old man does on some of those mountain roads!!!!!

    Maybe even take a little side trip to the Dragons Tooth close to Newcastle.....

  7. #7
    Disabled Vet
    Reputation: longhaultrucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,021
    I've often thought about taking a day or two out that way myself to ride Dragon's Tooth,still about 2 hours east of here (Roanoke anyways),but not that far. Small world,eh? Nice ot meet ya neighbor
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

  8. #8
    Beastrider
    Reputation: BeastRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by longhaultrucker View Post
    I've often thought about taking a day or two out that way myself to ride Dragon's Tooth,still about 2 hours east of here (Roanoke anyways),but not that far. Small world,eh? Nice ot meet ya neighbor
    It's a pleasure!!!!! If you're ever up this way give me a shout. If it's the weather is too bad I know where there's a good Starbucks!!!!!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    223
    I just look at most if not all of the Beast pics on photo what ever you call it lol man my mind is going now days.Funny how some of us like/love trains I have been working on a N Scale train for over two years I spend way to much money on my self lol
    If you ever get down to Arkansas/LR give me a call and bring the Beast will can take a long road trip to the train depot.

  10. #10
    Beastrider
    Reputation: BeastRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc1956 View Post
    I just look at most if not all of the Beast pics on photo what ever you call it lol man my mind is going now days.Funny how some of us like/love trains I have been working on a N Scale train for over two years I spend way to much money on my self lol
    If you ever get down to Arkansas/LR give me a call and bring the Beast will can take a long road trip to the train depot.
    I had an "N" scale layout for a long time. Then I divorced....guess where the train eventually went?.....Anyway, I have TONS of photos from various areas. On my side of the bay we have CSX and on the other side they have the Black Ponies of the Norfolk Southern. There are a few really good places to get photos and I try to get there as often as I can.

    If you ever make a trip to the beach here let me know. There's a LOT of things to do out here.

    I have been to LR a few times. LOVE the area!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 07:59 PM
  2. TNGR (Thurs Gap ride): 2011 Sayonara Ride
    By rensho in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 06:11 PM
  3. Monte Sano Huntsville Ride Intermediate/Advanced ride 7-2-2011
    By extrmtao in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •