Beastrider

Last Ride of 2011

Here are some photos from my last ride of 2011...ENJOY!!!!!

Newport News Shipbuilding

James River Bridge is in the background

Trains and Bikes. Two things I love to do!!!!!

Hilton Village in Newport News
    ((Read the sign to understand part of what makes this place special))

Somewhere in Newport News

Newport News Police Headquarters

Somewhere in Newport News

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Awesome way to send out the year. Thanks for sharing.
    I write for the Dusty Musette.

mtbr member
    You're a railfan too? Not too many out there. I kinda miss my train days, but there aren't that many opportunities for train spotting up here. That and my whole HO scale model railroad collection is collecting dust in a storage locker...
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by esundell90 View Post
    You're a railfan too? Not too many out there. I kinda miss my train days, but there aren't that many opportunities for train spotting up here. That and my whole HO scale model railroad collection is collecting dust in a storage locker...
    I am a HUGE railfan. Some of the Rail Employees around here often let me in on when "special" rail cars are coming through. Most recent was the U.S. Navy Pullman Passenger car. Got some GREAT shots of that one. But, my BEST one was when I was in Michigan in 2008 and went to Owosso and got to stand on the front on the Polar Express engine right next to the huge bell it has. And, YES, I did get dome GREAT photos of that. Even got to sit in the engineers seat!!!!!

It's pretty easy to find some decent spots to get photos when you are on a bike. You can get to some areas that you couldn't in a car. I have never been run out of anyplace either. Although I have been stopped by the railway police. Once I tell them I am a railfan and show them the camera they usually understand. Often telling me a good place to get photos.....

Disabled Vet
    Awesome pics and way to end out the year!

I spent the better part of a year hauling containers in\out and around the VA Beach\N.N. area a decade ago,loved the area (I'm a VA native,but hailing from the complete other side of the state on the TN border now,LOL!)
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by longhaultrucker View Post
    Awesome pics and way to end out the year!

I spent the better part of a year hauling containers in\out and around the VA Beach\N.N. area a decade ago,loved the area (I'm a VA native,but hailing from the complete other side of the state on the TN border now,LOL!)
    Been down your way MANY times. We have relatives in the Roanoke area and are down that way often. One of these days I am taking my ride with me and seeing how this old man does on some of those mountain roads!!!!!

Maybe even take a little side trip to the Dragons Tooth close to Newcastle.....

Disabled Vet
    I've often thought about taking a day or two out that way myself to ride Dragon's Tooth,still about 2 hours east of here (Roanoke anyways),but not that far. Small world,eh? Nice ot meet ya neighbor
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by longhaultrucker View Post
    I've often thought about taking a day or two out that way myself to ride Dragon's Tooth,still about 2 hours east of here (Roanoke anyways),but not that far. Small world,eh? Nice ot meet ya neighbor
    It's a pleasure!!!!! If you're ever up this way give me a shout. If it's the weather is too bad I know where there's a good Starbucks!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I just look at most if not all of the Beast pics on photo what ever you call it lol man my mind is going now days.Funny how some of us like/love trains I have been working on a N Scale train for over two years I spend way to much money on my self lol
    If you ever get down to Arkansas/LR give me a call and bring the Beast will can take a long road trip to the train depot.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc1956 View Post
    I just look at most if not all of the Beast pics on photo what ever you call it lol man my mind is going now days.Funny how some of us like/love trains I have been working on a N Scale train for over two years I spend way to much money on my self lol
    If you ever get down to Arkansas/LR give me a call and bring the Beast will can take a long road trip to the train depot.
    I had an "N" scale layout for a long time. Then I divorced....guess where the train eventually went?.....Anyway, I have TONS of photos from various areas. On my side of the bay we have CSX and on the other side they have the Black Ponies of the Norfolk Southern. There are a few really good places to get photos and I try to get there as often as I can.

If you ever make a trip to the beach here let me know. There's a LOT of things to do out here.

I have been to LR a few times. LOVE the area!!!!!