dirtbag

Kona Ute for $500?

OK, so I've got a lead on a Kona Ute being sold locally for $500. It's the copper colored frame, disc front, V rear and a pair of orange panniers so maybe a 2009? I haven't checked it out to find out the condition it's in, pics the owner has suck as they often do. Apparently the guy is moving and can't take it with him. He had it at $600 a week ago and now he's at $500.

So my question, is this a good deal? I may be able to get him to lower based on condition of the bike or low ball him since he's needing to unload quickly considering he's moving.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    The Ute looks a lot like my Trek Transport, down to the aluminum frame! Weird.
    If you'll use it and it rides well, it is a good investment based on what gas prices are and the utility of these bikes. My TT rides well, both loaded and unloaded. The only poorly made thing is my center kickstand but then I challenge my bike to carry stuff a grocery cart has a hard time carrying!
    I bought my TT last month for $800 and I thought it was a good deal. I spent maybe another $100 modifying it to carry a child passenger and switched out the tires to balloon Fat Franks for better cush while riding. I have 2 bags and both front & rear bb5.

$500 seems like a real good deal. Doesn't hurt to ask his bottom dollar and then ask him to take $50 less than that. If he balks, offer the amount he stated. Usually gets you a bike.