Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I change my mind.

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nubcake 
#1 · (Edited)
I will keep it as is for the best part anyway.Thanks for the help you save me a few dollars.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Don't do it. The weight balance on a long bike is totally different than a standard wheelbase bike. A SID is a racing fork at that and would be a noodle on the Big Dummy. You have much more of your weight shifted forward on the front wheel of a BD. Stay with the stock rigid fork.

#3 ·
I,m looking at the Rockshox SID RLT 100mm,11 fork for my Big Dummy.This is what all it has to offer.
With available remote lockout capabilities, this SID is just waiting to be taken to a race. Dont worry, youre also backed-up by the Power Bulge and the light combination of a hollow crown and legs. If needed, you can even reduce the travel to 80mm to give you that extra edge racers need.

Motion Control damper features externally adjustable rebound, low speed compression and Floodgate threshold
Travel is adjustable to 80mm by installing the included All-Travel spacer
X0 lower leg color-match decal set included
32mm 7000 series aluminum upper tubes, optimized upper tube length and hollow lower magnesium legs
Hollow Forged AL-6061-T6 Crown
Hollow Magnesium lower legs
Power Bulge reinforces the lower bushing for increased stiffness and durability
All control knobs are machined aluminum and feature detents
External rebound adjustment
Standard post-mount disc brake mounts accept 6degree rotors without adapters. Larger rotors accepted with correct adapters
Shock pump included
Intended application: XC Race and Trail

Spring: Air
Brake Type: Disc
Front Axle Type: 9x1
Front Hub Spacing: 100 mm
Wheel Size: 26"
Wheel Mount Center Offset: 0 mm
Steerer Tube: 1-1/8" Threadless
Steerer Tube Length: 265.0 mm
Crown Race: 30.0
Would this be a good upgrade or would I be better off with my stock fork.Thanks for any help on this.:thumbsup:
WHY do you want to put Racing Shocks on a Cargo Bike?

#4 ·
x2, if you must have suspension go with something meant for heavier duty riding and not as expensive. You do not need very sofisticated dampening on a bike meant to haul cargo. Look at heavy duty pick up trucks, they could make them more comfortable and smoother with a change to their suspension, they just know it is more important to have something tough and reliable.

A tora is much cheaper and would serve you better in my mind

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.