NONDURO

Got to meet the man, myth, legend today at Sea Otter Classic

Yes, I got to meet, in person, SelfPropelledDevo at the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, CA today (I was there for a Cat 2 40-42 cross country race). He had his ultra-badass camo’d-out Surly Big Dummy with him. We chatted about a bunch of stuff for probably 1/2 hour or so. Really nice guy, it was great meeting you, and I am still in awe of your car-free lifestyle. Thanks for the great conversation!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Bet you did have fun meeting him.I have read a lot of his BD report.And have watch about all of his clips.He is the reason I am building my a BD here lol.I have a nice Surly LHT that I ride all the time.I have done a few short touring trips with it as well.But I like to build bicycles and even the I can buy one cheaper than I can build one for it would not have the parts I wanted it to have.Like my wheels and my Brooks Saddle.My wheels cost me over 500.00 bucks to build.But they are well made and should last me a good long while.Look at the new XM719 rims.They are tuff.