Thread: Edgerunner

mtbr member

Edgerunner

Was surprised to see no past Edgerunner threads. Anyone have one on pre-order or own one now?
    NSMBA Member

mtbr member
    I have one, with a mid drive kit.
    Mid Drive is the future of e-cargo bikes.

mtbr member

Re: Edgerunner

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Didn't you say you made that mid-drive yourself on another thread? WHere's the thread on how you designed and built it? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear about it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evandy View Post
    Didn't you say you made that mid-drive yourself on another thread? WHere's the thread on how you designed and built it? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear about it.
    Hi EVAndy,

I really did not make a build log or thread about the mid drive that I built for the Edgerunner but more info can be found here Urban Commuter Store

It was really more of the need to have something that can help me haul my kids uphill which prompted me to build something other than just installing a powered rear wheel as I find using the bike's gear is a better way and it is more efficient. First one I made was for the Yuba Mundo, our first official cargo bike then everything just took off from there. I enjoy making these things so I decided to build for other people too that want them. I work as a machinist for my day job in a shop that builds Aerospace parts and hydraulic actuators, so it's this is pretty much what I do day in and day out. Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    How do you like the edgerunner? Hows the smaller rear wheel?

mtbr member
    We love it. The handling is great because everything is lower. The 20" wheel is ok, easier to pedal even without e-assist. I thought at first it was going to be a little bouncy due to the smaller wheel size, but the frame is longer, so it makes up for it. Nice balloon tires like the schwalbe big ben makes it more comfortable when going over small potholes or gaps on the road.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk