mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Dual elect Horns mounts

I'm having a hell of a time trying to make a dual mount for my elect horns to fit on my BD.
    I ran out of metal here and I am out of good ideal's on how to mount them it would have been easy to mount if it was not that I have added a Surly nice front rack to my BD.The only other Ideal I had is to try to make a mount for the top of the rack on the back side.Something so easy to make but yet it's giving me hell lol...Ideal's welcome here.

Beastrider
    You could try mounting them under the rear rack. That should still give you the needed LOUD sound you are looking for. It would also make people REALLY look around when they can't see them on the bike. Much like I did with my Noisy Cricket........
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

NONDURO
    I used a stock 1987 Volvo 740 turbo wagon Bosch horn setup, including the mounting bracket. All I did was zip-tie the whole unit to the underside of the handlebars. At first glance it is not apparent that the horns are even there, since they point downward… but seeing as they are fed 16.8V (rated at 12V) they are eardrum splitting loud. As for my dual air horns, however, that is a different story.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastRider View Post
    You could try mounting them under the rear rack. That should still give you the needed LOUD sound you are looking for. It would also make people REALLY look around when they can't see them on the bike. Much like I did with my Noisy Cricket........
    Thats a good idea I'll look in to it in the morning.It would be funny to blow them and they want know it's me lol.Think I get get two P brackets the size I need this would really be eas I think.Thanks for the idea I spent the last two days working on this lol.The funny thing was I thought the battery bracket would be hard to make heck I had that done in about one hour it was easy to make and mount.But I took it off so I can paint it when the weather is good here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    I used a stock 1987 Volvo 740 turbo wagon Bosch horn setup, including the mounting bracket. All I did was zip-tie the whole unit to the underside of the handlebars. At first glance it is not apparent that the horns are even there, since they point downward… but seeing as they are fed 16.8V (rated at 12V) they are eardrum splitting loud. As for my dual air horns, however, that is a different story.
    Thanks for your idea as well here I was thinking I should be able to see them man that was stupid of me lol I like the idea of hiding them now.This is how I felt I was doing to my self for the last two days.-------- I can laugh now.

Beastrider
    "hiding" them might be a bit easier as well. Less to keep clean an shiny.....LOL. Remember, whenever you are dealing with additions to these think outside the box!!!!!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Well got them all mounted up and you can not see them at all.But man I still had a hell of a time doing it.And the wiring up the BD is not that much better either lol.I still have to get the battery for it then finish wiring ever thing up then it will be test time for the rear lights and the dual horns.I know they are going to make some one crap there pants lol...Thanks for the help guys have a great day.I going out of town for a few days so I'll have to wait until I get back to finish up here.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc1956 View Post
    Well got them all mounted up and you can not see them at all.But man I still had a hell of a time doing it.And the wiring up the BD is not that much better either lol.I still have to get the battery for it then finish wiring ever thing up then it will be test time for the rear lights and the dual horns.I know they are going to make some one crap there pants lol...Thanks for the help guys have a great day.I going out of town for a few days so I'll have to wait until I get back to finish up here.
    What....no photos????..... Glad to hear that you got them installed anyway!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRider View Post
    What....no photos????..... Glad to hear that you got them installed anyway!!!!!
    Nope no pictur's lol but will soon be able to take lots of pics even if my wife is out side watching me lol I think you know why too lol...

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc1956 View Post
    Nope no pictur's lol but will soon be able to take lots of pics even if my wife is out side watching me lol I think you know why too lol...
    COMPLETELY understand!!!!!