mtbr member

Design Logic "Da"-Trail frames for sale

2013 Design Logic "Da"-Trail frames in stock
    Design Logic motorbicycles LLC Home

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I was somewhat interested until I saw the engine thingys.

mtbr member
    well then don't purchace the engine thingy part

PRETENDURO
    LOL, “cromolly”. P-r-o-o-f-r-e-a-d before paying for your signage.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    LOL, “cromolly”. P-r-o-o-f-r-e-a-d before paying for your signage.
    For some reason, I always cut the individual frame-biulders slack in that area, amusing as it is.

I figure the product can speak for itself, and by the looks of those frames, they certainly can.
    Very nice...
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    For some reason, I always cut the individual frame-biulders slack in that area, amusing as it is.

I figure the product can speak for itself, and by the looks of those frames, they certainly can.
    Very nice...
    Well, I made the point since I used to be a graphic artist/production guy. I’d always make it clear to my clients to DOUBLE-CHECK everything before blessing it to go off to a printing press. Mistake were made.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member

Almost cool

Almost cool, but not quite. The frames look great, but one of them is designed to accommodate a gas engine. I can not stand behind that kind of irresponsible behavior. Burning gasoline is not cool. If the company in question comes out with a public statement condeming the use of fossil fuels and also states it will be eliminating the gasoline engine mounts from its frames I would probably give a thumbs up, and would actualy see if I could get a couple in the shop where I work. There is no logic in a design that uses fossil fuels. Until the company redeems itself by seperating itself from fossil fuels I will strongly condem it and its harmful products.
    Aside from all that the craftsmanship looks good and I wish the company luck and happiness.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Desert Walker View Post
    Almost cool, but not quite. The frames look great, but one of them is designed to accommodate a gas engine. I can not stand behind that kind of irresponsible behavior. Burning gasoline is not cool. If the company in question comes out with a public statement condeming the use of fossil fuels and also states it will be eliminating the gasoline engine mounts from its frames I would probably give a thumbs up, and would actualy see if I could get a couple in the shop where I work. There is no logic in a design that uses fossil fuels. Until the company redeems itself by seperating itself from fossil fuels I will strongly condem it and its harmful products.
    Aside from all that the craftsmanship looks good and I wish the company luck and happiness.
    What if putting that gasoline engine on there actually reduces CO2 emissions and reduced petroleum use? It's possible. By riding a strictly human powered bike everywhere one generally uses more metabolic energy and consumes more food calories and that food is made and delivered to stores by not very efficient petroleum powered farm vehicles and trucks. And if the gas engine prevented someone from using a much more thirsty and more emitting gas or diesel burning vehicle to visit a friend or go shopping it could cause less petroleum usage. So if these small engined bikes reduced overall petroleum use would they still be bad things in your eyes? Not trying to rile you up, just askin'.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The logic of not supporting this kind of option only really works if you never use or buy anything that has been produced and delivered using fossil fuels at any stage.

For some people it will be an option that is taken up instead of using a $20,000 vehicle running at 25mpg which would be a positive, or at least have a less negative impact.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Does having a gasoline engine improve the fitness and health of the operator? Different strokes obviously but one of the reasons I ride a bike is to keep my engine running.

Two Headed Boy
    I guess I don't understand all the small engine hate....

I've been car free for 2 years now and have found that where I live, often times I have to catch a ride with someone to make my schedule work! I have to spend a lot of time in the next town over, which in the summer is no big deal, but this time of year with studded tires a little help in the back would be nice and save a lot of time. For me it's a much better option then going back to a car, and I can still petal with it, won't really lose out on exersize that much.

To each his own I guess.....