mtbr member

Changing a tire on the road

My Yuba Mundo has a 15 mm nut on the front wheel and a 19mm nut on the back wheel.
    The way the frame/derailleur crowds the nut on the back prevents me from using an adjustable wrench--I need either a box wrench or a socket wrench.

I'd like to minimize the hardware I carry with me on the bike.

Is there such a thing as a box wrench that is 15mm on one end and 19mm on the other I haven't been able to find one.

Any suggestions?
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

DIY all the way
    The easy solution would be to weld one of two wrenches.

I would probably make a 19mm set of nuts for the front, but that requires some sort of machine shop access.

Magura

PRETENDURO
    Im not familiar with the Yuba Mundo (I own a Surly Big Dummy)is it possible to just use quick-release skewers or maybe use those hex-head axle nuts instead?
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

biking where I'm going
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Im not familiar with the Yuba Mundo (I own a Surly Big Dummy)is it possible to just use quick-release skewers or maybe use those hex-head axle nuts instead?
    The Yuba uses a 14mm rear axle (I think--don't have one of my own), and it is solid. I don't know of a quick-release axle that will be compatible, although I suppose one could find a machine shop and get one drilled and cut to proper length. 14mm is or was a popular axle diameter for trick bikes.

Ratchet head and a couple of sockets seems a good solution, or, as has already been suggested, take a wrench of each size and cut/weld.
    Getting where I'm going--by bicycle!

1996 Ryan Vanguard
    2010 Globe Vienna 3 Disc
    2012 Surly Big Dummy