Cargo Biking Road Kit...
So, what's in your standard out-and-about kit on a cargo bike? Anything different than when on any other bike? Here's what I've been carrying on my new Dummy... I'd love any suggestions/additions/alterations/etc...
- Spare Tube
- Park VP-1 Patch Kit
- Frame Pump (Zefal HPX-3) - Ended up too long to mount at the seat tube, but it fits fine in the cargo bags.
- Kryptonite Mini lock (to lock rear wheel to frame)
- TiGr Bow Lock (to lock front wheel and frame to something)
- Topeak Hexus-2 Multi Tool
My typical use is commuting to and from work, playground and grocery runs with the girls, and general about-town riding. Not doing any long touring, camping, or wilderness riding at this point.
...a wiggle theres a way
The items I carry on the dummy are:
- 3 spare tubes (two for me, and one for a friend or stranded rider)
- patch kit
- Lezyne Micro Floor Pump
- Lezyne saber tire levers
- Gerber Multitool
- Topeak Mini 18
- Two U-Locks and a cable
- 7 tie down straps from harbor freight (part# 67386)
- 4 bungee cords
- 5 reusable grocery bags for Costco runs
- a 100 pack of zip ties
- 4 grocery store plastic bags*
- Brooks seat cover (used in conjunction with plastic bags above)
- Two power links (9spd)
- three pairs of disposable gloves
this is what i carry day in and day out for the commute on the dummy (=
|edit 12-10-12 @ 455 for spelling errors|
Last edited by wiggy; 12-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Reason: spelling errors
Surly Junk Straps
Harbor Freight Straps
Canvas shopping bags
U-Lock and Cable
Whatever amount of bungees I have ATM