PRETENDURO

Good job! Big Dummy: now with STOKER power upgrade booster!!!

Thank you, gregclimbs, for the inspiration in getting a stoker (by way of a Burley Piccolo) upgrade for my Big Dummy:

I decided to make use of the entire length of the rack (random thought occurred that “maybe it would be nice to retain the full length of the Moose Rack):

As a result, the load/strain of the Piccolo/Moose Rack hookup is distributed a bit more evenly over the deck area. Thankfully my PeaPodLT order came with extra PeaPod mounting racks, so I used four $1.04 each “J” hooks from Orchard Supply Hardware to grasp the rack firmly into the PeaPod mounts and the deck (through the regularly-spaced accessory mounting holes). I think out of paranoid over-engineering fever I will add two more “J” hooks to the front of the rack (right behind the PeaPodLT seat):

Oh, of course, in the spirit of safety, I added some highly-visible home-made high-output power LED modules (they are visible in the daytime):

Once again, thank you gregclimbs, for the inspiration!!! My youngest son will be outgrowing the PeaPodLT within the next couple months (he just turned 4 at the end of May), so I may have to add a stem and bars for him instead.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    well, don't give me too much credit...

I stole the idea and improved it from fatguy1966

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatguy1966/2498108974/

Albiet, when he did his, the ecodeck wasn't out yet...

Evolution.

I too thought about leaving the rack intact as you did, but was afraid the kid on the dummy would bounce into it.

You might find that true when you get the young one out of the peapod.

g

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hey Leo,

Once that young bloke of yours is out of the Pea Pod, you'll have to put another Stoker behind the first.....of course it'll become an articulated unit and you'll have to upgrade your driving license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the youngsters will love it...............

Looks great by the way.

Al

PRETENDURO
    Talked to a guy at the San Jose Bike Party last night who told me about having a double trailer and a Piccolo-style bike attached to his bike! Compared it to one of those articulated city buses.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    just saw someone ride down my street with your setup...

dummy, pea pod, piccolo on the back of a dummy...

I didn't get outside fast enough to say hi to him as he rode by...

who'd a thunk two big dummy+piccolo's in one neighborhood?

g

Down South Yooper
    I've been on the lookout on the local CL for one of these bikes, but my oldest isn't old enough yet anyway.

Like how Leopold did his with the peopod deck and the factory 'j' hooks, but also like the slimmed down rack of Greg's, will likely do a hybrid when it comes time..

Still waiting on paint, the color I selected was discontinued, samples are being sent so I can pick my replacement color to try and match my original choice. If it were white, I'dve had it a week ago..

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Are people making Picollo style mounts with the ecodeck? I'd tried searching around a few months ago for ideas, but only found the Picollos. We have an Alley Cat trail-a-bike and I was looking for or fabbing a mount that I could bolt directly to the Ecodeck. Without seeing someone else successfully riding with one mounted that way, I didn't want to put the kid/v-racks/frame's rack mounts at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by gregclimbs
    well, don't give me too much credit...

I stole the idea and improved it from fatguy1966

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatguy1966/2498108974/

Albiet, when he did his, the ecodeck wasn't out yet...

Evolution.