mtbr member

anyone know anything about these?

http://www.tartanrickshawcompany.co.uk/gpage5.html

I'm thinking about contemplating something major

-edit- I suppose I oughta be more specific...I'd like to power assist at least one rear drive wheel so I can gen hub the front to help recover electrons...
    Last edited by damnitman; 03-04-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

Devo
    it sounds like a whole lot of stuff going on.
    a generator hub is only going to be able to charge a battery, of the likes to recharge a cell phone.

I really doubt a generator hub has enough wattage to start to charge a battery for a hub motor.

depending on the amount of use
    you'd probably need to establish a bank of hub motor batteries
    and work thru that bank through out the day...
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

mtbr member
    A dyno hub as a way to remove lighting load from the main batteies would make some sense. You can get 10-12 watts of LED lighting, and that is a help. I have about 5 Watt load with three LED's driven on my non e-bike commuter.

112 kg plus a grain fed Indianan or two, yeah, I'd need e support! Maybe life support!

mtbr member
    These are the systems that a similar bike uses (appears they may be related companies?)
    http://www.cyclesmaximus.com/electricassist.htm

The Lynch system looks pretty f-n slick...but way spendy...
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi, I own 5 cyclus maximus cargo trikes that I use for my delivery company. they have the appearance of being really slick and well thought out but in actuality they are painfully difficult to maintain, parts availability is scarce and the company itself is frustrating to deal with. the lynch system is nice until there is an issue and after that it is just another 100 pounds of dead weight.

these tartan chassis are visually identical except for a few details which may be just newer models than what I have. I'm not sure if I have any information that could be of value to you but If you would like to pm me for an email address I'd be happy to answer questions or give some detailed snap shots of the inner workings.