mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Anyone with a Big Dummy and their center stand???

Hey everyone,

I had emergency back surgery eight weeks ago so I haven't been on my bike since before then. I have a Big Dummy and received xtracycles centerstand for a Christmas present. I put it on this afternoon and am having troubles with it staying up on the centerstand. I have installed it based on what I could find online. The bungee cord is at the least tense setting I could put it on. It retracts back fine but not overly quick or tight. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong?I have the wheel about 2" off the ground when up on the center stand .

Any help/advice/pics would be appreciated.

PRETENDURO
    Height adjustment on the centerstand? Might help to post a picture of what it looks like in the deployed position.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have a BD and Center-STand, but the Rolling Jackass, not the xtracycle one... Everything I read online lead me to believe that the Xtracycle center stand was OK, but felt cheap and not as nice as the RJ. I'd be interested to know what you think of the xtracycle stand as you use it a while, though... let us know what you think, if you'd be so kind.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    @leeinmemphis, did you solve your issues? If not, post pictures!

I have a Xtracycle center stand on my FreeRadical - haven't had any problems at all with function or stability.

The only thing I can think of is if you are using the right taco plate:
    KickBack Replacement Parts | Xtracycle, Inc.