Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2710
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Gen3's!

I love the Gen3 body style. I had a Gen2 2.5 for a little while, but am loving the '09 H6 Gen 3 I picked up last summer. My Gen3 on the right with a co-worker's Gen3 in the same color on the left. And, even better, check out the license plates....

Who else here drives a Subaru?-255823_10151136822599253_1327979318_o.jpg

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    ^^ I love the gen3 Outback body style also. I have an 02 WRX wagon that I just cannot get rid of. Every time we talk about selling it for a newer model we just can't bring ourselves to do it. Hopefully once my wife starts her new job we can sell her 03 Forester with 210k miles and pickup a 100k mile gen3 Outback.

Can you fit an 8x4 piece of plywood with the seats folded?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Maybe the Gen5 will go back to a sportier body style instead of the stinkbug/squashed minivan look of the Gen4. From a looks perspective alone, I'd be more interested in the current BMW, Audi and Volvo AWD wagons than the Gen4 Outback. Subaru really missed the style boat on the Gen4 (unless, of course, they were going for the squished minivan look.) Then again, if cost were no object, I'd be rollin' in a Mercedes E350 wagon...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    My WRX. A street queen, it is not.

mtbr member
    Wow, someone who uses it for what it's made for. Nice job. I'd probably be to anal to do that.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Bought her new. Less than a month later I was bombing down dirt roads. Sadly, the newer ones just aren't made for this stuff. They don't hold well compared to the older ones.

But, she has been great for all the crap I've put her thru so far. Even worked well for sleeping in the back of at the track and I am 6'3!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Who else here drives a Subaru?

Subaru's love a good beating! Nice to see one (other than mine) get dirty.

Muskoka

My Crosstrek Sport...

just got it

Sold my 2002 WRX wagon privately...hands down best car I ever had!!!

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by oKayH View Post
    Bought her new. Less than a month later I was bombing down dirt roads. Sadly, the newer ones just aren't made for this stuff. They don't hold well compared to the older ones.

But, she has been great for all the crap I've put her thru so far. Even worked well for sleeping in the back of at the track and I am 6'3!
    What are the details on the hitch? Did you go with the Curt or the OEM Forester? I'm sick of roof racks and am really inclined to do the hitch, but kinda sketched about cutting the bumper.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    I went with Hidden Hitch on my Outback since the OEM did require a cut-out on the rear bumper. The Fozzy may be different, but E-trailer has installation vids so you can check out what works for you in that regard. I also didn't like the OEM price for a chunk of steel and only a 1 1/4" hitch. All my stuff is for a 2" hitch and swapping that out was another expense. YMMV
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    What are the details on the hitch? Did you go with the Curt or the OEM Forester? I'm sick of roof racks and am really inclined to do the hitch, but kinda sketched about cutting the bumper.
    Curt hitch and wiring. 1.25" receiver. I didn't care about cutting the bumper. A Dremel and some patience is all you need. Start on the safe side and don't remove enough. It is always easier to remove more bumper. There is a how to on one of the Subi forums for a skinny body WRX I believe. Essentially the same for the wide body. You don't have to remove the bumper, but I did to make it easier since I did it myself. A second body makes it A LOT easier.

As far as towing for anyone interested, I have done a few long trips hauling my motorcycle and track gear. No issues at all. Stay up on your maintenance and use quality fluids. If you want a trailer to pull bicycles and other outdoors type of gear, it will be no problem. I'd recommend using the Harbor Freight trailer as a base and build it up for your needs rather than pay for those expensive Thule roof racks on a axle...

b a n n e d
    Cool. You got a link to the write up? I see you have the SPT exhaust as well . . . any fitment issues? I'm assuming no . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Sold my 2002 WRX wagon privately...hands down best car I ever had!!!
    How much did you sell the bugeye for? I'm having a had time coming to terms with selling mine, but I need a work van.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Cool. You got a link to the write up? I see you have the SPT exhaust as well . . . any fitment issues? I'm assuming no . . .
    The hangers are REAL close to the hitch. I'd say a mm or so while static. I planned on inspecting it when I rotate tires in 1000 miles or so.

Sorry, can't find the link. Just look on nasioc, club wrx, and the other subie forums. It was really easy though. Raise rear, drop exhaust from hangers (use wd-40 or similar to lumricate and make it easy. Don't need the special tool), fish bolts into place, raise hitch up into place, tighten bolts, put exhaust back, drink your alcoholic beverage of choice. Anyone of moderate mechanical abilities and patience can install this thing.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    How much did you sell the bugeye for? I'm having a had time coming to terms with selling mine, but I need a work van.
    Sold it for $4K. First person I mentioned it to bought it!!! Best part is it's going to a good home, the new owner is a pro auto detailer working for the same company that owns our local Subaru dealership. So he can get parts at cost, and has the skills and resources to make it as good as it can be. He already has upgrades planned, really looking forward to seeing it in a month or so!

I <3 dirt

Who else here drives a Subaru?

How many miles were on it?
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Sold it for $4K. First person I mentioned it to bought it!!! Best part is it's going to a good home, the new owner is a pro auto detailer working for the same company that owns our local Subaru dealership. So he can get parts at cost, and has the skills and resources to make it as good as it can be. He already has upgrades planned, really looking forward to seeing it in a month or so!
    Damn, I was hoping for a lot more for mine. It's got under 110k miles and it's in excellent shape. I work from home so we only use it to go into the mountains.

Muskoka
    Damn, I was hoping for a lot more for mine. It's got under 110k miles and it's in excellent shape. I work from home so we only use it to go into the mountains.
    Mine is around the same mileage, slightly more. It is a solid car for the most part but needs some work and I sold it not certified. The exhaust system from the muffler forward is oem original has some holes in it and needs to be replaced...which could include the catalytic converter. I replaced the muffler itself a couple of years ago. There is surface rust well started on the left rear wheel well so that need to fixed and the quarter panel painted. My son backed into the front left fender and put a small dent in it and broke the lens on the side marker light. The back hatch has some scuffing and small dents from my Saris Bones rack. Nothing a dent doctor can't easily fix. The brakes were completely redone about 3 yrs ago and still work great but I have a sticky piston on one of the calipers so the pad drags a bit at times. SO it will take a few dollars and some sweat equity to make it really nice again...I'm happy the guy that bought it is perfectly positioned to do that! On the plus side, I replaced the timing belt and the rad last summer, had the air conditioner refurbished and rear struts replaced summer before. Car also came with decent summer & winter tires both new 3 seasons ago ( Michelin Pilot Sport & Michelin Alpin). All in all I'd say we are both happy...he got a car he can have lots of fun with and I was able to move on quickly and cleanly! I wasn't trying to squeeze the most money out of it, and happy to see it go to a good home. Like I said, best car ever!!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Don't worry, they hold their value pretty well. I got more than blue book in Arizona, and here in Alaska it's flipping insane, around at least 2K above BB in most cases.

I'm buying bikes instead right now, haha, but I still want to buy an 02-06 here in a few months, maybe fall, and work on it as a competative/winter car. Maybe with a nice engine swap for a new STI block and tranny.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Don't worry, they hold their value pretty well. I got more than blue book in Arizona, and here in Alaska it's flipping insane, around at least 2K above BB in most cases.

I'm buying bikes instead right now, haha, but I still want to buy an 02-06 here in a few months, maybe fall, and work on it as a competative/winter car. Maybe with a nice engine swap for a new STI block and tranny.
    It seems that way here in CO too. When we were looking for a Subaru for my wife all the used ones were 2-3k above KBB which was just insane. I need to start buying them up from non-snowy states and selling them in CO.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I recently traded my truck for an 04 Forester XT. Just added a set of Rocky Mount tie rods yesterday.

Keep access to public lands open.
    http://30daysofbikingerie.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just picked up this '03 Forester a few weeks ago and got a KUAT Vagabond shortly after. Both have been great so far!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Re: Who else here drives a Subaru?

Picking up an 05 fxt tomorrow! Super, super pumped!

s ma bs
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Beware the saddle sniffer.

mtbr member

My 2011 sti. It serves as the daily/ bike hauler, can't carry anything in my other car! It's got factory load bars and yakima forklift attachments. Any recommendations for stiffer less flexy bike attachments? I'd like to cut the movement down a bit.

10 Gary Fisher Cobia - 13 Trek Madone 5.2 - 14 Trek Fuel Ex8

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Dude... I LOVE this car!

s ma bs
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Beware the saddle sniffer.

Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast