Page 84 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2760
    mtbr member
    2008 outback 2.5i and a 2012 Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV Hatchback here....AWD is preferred as we live on top of a hill with a steep gravel driveway. Great cars except that the outback has already needed CV boots replaced at 97k miles and I still can't get rid of the hot grease odor.
    You can do a lot in a lifetime, If you don't burn out too fast...First you need endurance, First you've got to last...

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSLP View Post
    Awesome! I'm afraid to think what sort of mileage does that set up get you on the highway.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phbike View Post
    Great cars except that the outback has already needed CV boots replaced at 97k miles and I still can't get rid of the hot grease odor.
    You made it to 97k miles before your boots cracked? If only everyone could be so lucky!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Who else here drives a Subaru?

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    You made it to 97k miles before your boots cracked? If only everyone could be so lucky!
    Mine went to 135k. 97k is not bad however.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post
    Awesome! I'm afraid to think what sort of mileage does that set up get you on the highway.
    Awful. Really awful.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    One of our OB's had 49K before the boots went....
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Being a piece of rubber, and subject to weather and everything that happens under a car, I'm not sure why people have lofty expectations of CV boots, on my CR-V I had to replace them at 60k, it wasn't a huge deal...
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    Being a piece of rubber, and subject to weather and everything that happens under a car, I'm not sure why people have lofty expectations of CV boots, on my CR-V I had to replace them at 60k, it wasn't a huge deal...
    Not too mention, the one closest the DP always goes first. I've had mine last only to 60K IIRC, but then again, I've had a Cobb DP since 15K miles.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSLP View Post
    Awful. Really awful.
    I thought as much, and that doesn't ease my mind any, because my Outback will be doing that at the end of March. But instead of 2 bikes on the roof, I'll have 3 up there and 2 off the back. And we're driving from California to Utah. Not looking forward to that gas bill...

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Not too mention, the one closest the DP always goes first. I've had mine last only to 60K IIRC, but then again, I've had a Cobb DP since 15K miles.
    Yeah that's which one died on my car. I have a 4" DP so it's closer to the boot than stock or other aftermarket. One died on my wife's Forester at 205k miles but I don't know if they were ever replaced by the previous owner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    Your right it wasn't that big of a deal, however my 1994 Acura Integra GSR went 200k and 16 years before they cracked. I guess I was lucky with that car.
    You can do a lot in a lifetime, If you don't burn out too fast...First you need endurance, First you've got to last...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    2003 Forester, 99k miles. New AC compressor being installed tomorrow. AC clutch went out. As I have found out before, Subaru sells modules, not parts.

I'll keep it at least another year, but I really want something with a bigger trunk. I can't fit groceries in it. Can't just throw the bicycle inside without some planning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else here drives a Subaru?-trunk.jpg  

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregon2wheels View Post
    2003 Forester, 99k miles. New AC compressor being installed tomorrow. AC clutch went out. As I have found out before, Subaru sells modules, not parts..
    Like this?: Subaru Forester Beck Arnley Clutch Kit 061-9182 at Auto Parts Network

I wouldn't expect any auto manufacturer to sell just the sub-part, even though they are available. The A/C unit is fairly easily accessible and this is something one can probably do themselves (although I haven't looked into it much, I have worked on my A/C on my WRX). This is where the dealers make a good deal of profit, by selling overpriced parts and doing labor on them. Some of the reasons they do this is CYA type stuff, so they can't be sued or have an action against them for not fixing a problem, but it's mainly to make $$$. No different than any other auto manufacturer.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    I've routinely bought an A/C compressor from a junkyard car since many times the same compressor is shared between multiple cars and years. It's a ton cheaper than buying a new compressor for $700.

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Tiger View Post
    My wife has a 2012 Forester. I have a 2012 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon. I had a 2005 STi until some jerk rear-ended us, causing a five-car pileup. Yeah, we were the first "sandwich." We were hit at nearly 60 mph from behind. The car was totaled, and so were our mountain bikes.

Yes, we should be dead. I'd love to post pictures but unfortunately I don't have 10 posts yet, so I guess I have to post useless posts until I hit 10 posts.

Glad you are alive after the Sti crash. Sorry to hear about the car and bikes but hopefully you and the wife are OK. Would love to know how you like the Subaru and 2012 Jeep.

Reason I ask is I'm in the market for a new vehicle and been shopping for a good deal on a handful of outdoor friendly vehicles.

TXTony

Outback

Replaced my JK Wrangler with a Outback..better mpg..more interior room..had a 2dr Wrangler..more comfortable on long road trips..my Jeep was jacked with 35s on it..really dig the Outback

SLO Mtn biker!
    Holy Cow! Thank God you and your wife are still alive!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Damn, glad you are ok. I've seen some amazing wrecks on NASIOC where the subaru owners came out amazing given the impact and crash. Those cars have some seriously strong safety features built in, such as the pillars, resistance to T-bones, etc. That was always one thing I liked about my subaru besides everything else. My brother also rolled a forester down a hill and walked away.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Wooden Tiger, you and your wife are lucky to be alive or not permanently injured. That WRX saved your lives. Had you been in a Dodge Neon (similar looks and shape) it would have been a different story.
    Victims are always drawing the short straw in these situations. Anyone that has had an accident through no fault of theirs can likely attest to that. Glad your getting on with your lives..

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    I'm sorry for all the grief you're dealing with, but isn't the guy who rear ends someone automatically at fault and liable for all damages? I was the front car of a 3 car pile up once. It was relatively low speed, and I drove away from the accident with the bumper and trunk tweaked, but the guy who caused the accident had to pay for damages to both cars. Surely your police officer who responded to your crash saw how obvious the cause was.

If you haven't done so already, have you thought about an attorney to help with what is sounding to be a bad claims experience?

mtbr member
    It's strange how the front end has more damage then the rear end.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I only looked at the pictures and haven't read too much into it, but I recommend getting an attorney. If you have begun treatment the money he will be able to convert that into will be more than enough to cover their cost. In picking an attorney I would recommend asking around in your area and avoiding the giant personal injury firms that advertise heavily. This recommendation comes from my experience as an auto claims adjuster for 5 years and presently being in law school.

Of course you might get everything you want on your own, but know that adjusters and attorneys do this on a daily basis. Truthfully, as an adjuster the settlements I paid to non-represented claimants was probably about half of what those with an attorney got. The threat of filing suit and extra expenses are real to an adjuster.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    My wife was rear ended by some rich 18 year old kid with a new truck and one of those worthless ramming bars on the front. She was stopped at a light and he was going 45mph when he hit her. NO damage to his truck, her 09 Versa took the entire impact. Her bumper was untouched since the truck was jacked up. She was in physical therapy for 4+ months. Luckily no lasting injury, but we were screwed. Should've hired a lawyer since those brush guards are not street legal since the bumper cannot operate as designed. Really pisses me off how the person committing the crime always skates free without a scratch and the person they hit have to live with the physical, mental, and monetary consequences.

I'd file a lawsuit and use a good personal injury lawyer to squeeze the ****er that hit you. I told my mom to remain in the car and get an ambulance if she ever was hit and I even installed a trailer hitch to protect the back of her car too. She doesn't need a hitch but it helps with minor stuff.....
    A car is just a car, but too often *******s get away with way too much because victims don't fight back enough IMHO. I'd really would go after this guy if I was you and get together with the other peeps he caused damage to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Tiger View Post
    We were pushed into the back of an SUV so the bumper was higher.
    plus the front end has more crumple-iness than the rear...

glad you're ok.

Page 84 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast