Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2708
    mtbr member
    Any CVT I've driven was horrible. Like driving a combination between a lawn mower a washing machine and a sewing machine.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Any CVT I've driven was horrible. Like driving a combination between a lawn mower a a washing machine and a sewing mach
    Such was my experience with our Audi' after 30K miles......
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    So we got a new Outback 2013 at the beginning of December, it is the 2.5 with the CVT and having being from the UK I was very anti automatic transmissions. I have to say I am converted. If you want to drive it as a semi manual you can drive it in Manual mode. If you want forget about it you can use auto mode then if driving along and want a quick overtake just use the paddle shifters to change down as you need to. Way better than any auto I have ever driven.
    Would rather be out riding!

It's not just about a bike

I <3 dirt
    What's with the weird pictures?^^^^

Spam?
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    What's with the weird pictures?^^^^

Spam?
    Must be as it was on another thread too. The spam is so weird here - most of it isn't even trying to sell us anything.

I <3 dirt
    Yea I don't get it.....on topic replies and weird ass pics

Good job you got us spammers? ?
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    Yea I don't get it.....on topic replies and weird ass pics

Good job you got us spammers? ?
    I hope there's a special place in Hell reserved for spammers.

mtbr member
    Guys I need some insight here, been going nuts for the past few weeks. Car in question is a 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero, aka WRX wagon. Out of nowhere there's a creaking noise coming from behind the gauge cluster/instrument panel right in front of you (at least it sounds like it's coming from there). I haven't touched anything in the area to cause it and it will come and go, mostly come, it's not really temperature dependent either, it will creak well above 32 F and below too. Driving on the highway, smooth pavement, partial throttle, it will creak, even coasting it will creak sometimes.

And it definitely sounds more like a creaking noise (then for example loose interior trim piece clips).

Here's what I eliminated so far as I drove without these for a few days trying to locate the area. This is definitely not the source:

- both A pillars, took them off and drove around, so it's not the clips in them

- took off the vent cover along the windshield (the long plastic piece running along the glass) and it wasn't those clips either, and there's a bunch on it

- steering column plastic cover, both pieces, top and bottom, were removed from the car and it's not that

- even drove around a few times with someone actually holding the gauge cluster as I pulled it out of the opening in the dash and something was still creaking

- holding down to the HVAC piping behind the gauge cluster didn't do it either

- holding down the circular vent cover on the dash left of the cluster isn't it either

- doesn't sound like it's the clock surround piece as you hold it down and still creaking coming from the dash area in front of you

- also this wasn't it, tried that and I was creaking too

Quite annoying, and I have no idea where else to look really, all loose cable bunches under the dash have been zip tied as well, anything that looked like it may be rubbing or touching was tied to something to eliminate movement.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hopefully the Saab curse hasn't infested the above Saabaru ...

SAAB was a great brand before GM f^cked them to hell and back.It must be that GM 'touch'...
    We owned several pre-Government Motors SAAB's and they were all great, without any issues. Yes, they had their quirkiness and weren't mainstream and that was the best thing going.
    Add to this the phenomenal driving characteristics in bad weather and AWD was not needed at all. As a matter of fact if you owned a SAAB 900 and had winter tires, you did not need to put snow chains on that car.
    My Subaru is as close to my old 900 as I could get within the modern car designs of today...
    Sorry for the rant..

mtbr member
    ^^^ It's not creaking. That is the sound of a rat banging a chipmunk under your dash!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    SAAB was a great brand before GM f^cked them to hell and back.It must be that GM 'touch'...
    We owned several pre-Government Motors SAAB's and they were all great, without any issues. Yes, they had their quirkiness and weren't mainstream and that was the best thing going.
    Add to this the phenomenal driving characteristics in bad weather and AWD was not needed at all. As a matter of fact if you owned a SAAB 900 and had winter tires, you did not need to put snow chains on that car.
    My Subaru is as close to my old 900 as I could get within the modern car designs of today...
    Sorry for the rant..
    I once had a Saab 99 I liked I lot. Ford did the same thing to Volvo. Many Saab and Volvo owners have switched to Subaru - I hope they don't get too lame in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    I once had a Saab 99 I liked I lot. Ford did the same thing to Volvo. Many Saab and Volvo owners have switched to Subaru - I hope they don't get too lame in the future.
    I hope too that Subaru stays a bit 'odd'

mtbr member
    Just picked up the green OBS to go with the red OBS.

Who else here drives a Subaru?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358064930.822368.jpg

mtbr member
    I love my "Ford" Volvo. I picked up a '07 XC70 end of November. I drove a '07 OBW first, didn't like it very much. I loved the Volvo as soon as I sat in it.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Shawn, how's that new granny ring holding up for you?
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Shawn, how's that new granny ring holding up for you?
    I haven't had time to put it on. And it's been so cold here, I haven't gone for a ride in the last week. If this keeps up I'll have to buy some cold weather riding clothes. I'm hoping to get it on this Saturday, and I will report back.

I just gave you some positive rep for the great transaction! Thanks Zach.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    I test drove a couple Scoobarus this past weekend.

My thoughts:

The dealer had A LOT of cars on the lot, but not much choice....
    No XT forester...which was what I wanted to test. Drove a regular one. Didn't like the CVT.
    No Manual OBs. Salesman told me it would be hard to get one, and I'd have to pay extra.
    OB was good, but felt huge after driving my 2 door rabbit for 6 years. I liked it, but don't want the CVT 2.5i. They couldn't find me a manual one. No bigger engines on the lot, either.
    So I asked about WRXs, but they didn't have any hatchbacks...only sedans

Anyways, the OB was pretty decent, but over all I left rather unimpressed. Though, I'm not sure if it was the cars or the dealer experience. They had tons of cars on the lot, but they were all the exact same thing.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Pirate View Post

My thoughts:

No XT forester...which was what I wanted to test. Drove a regular one. Didn't like the CVT.
    No Manual OBs. Salesman told me it would be hard to get one, and I'd have to pay extra.
    OB was good, but felt huge after driving my 2 door rabbit for 6 years. I liked it, but don't want the CVT 2.5i. They couldn't find me a manual one. No bigger engines on the lot, either.

Anyways, the OB was pretty decent, but over all I left rather unimpressed. Though, I'm not sure if it was the cars or the dealer experience. They had tons of cars on the lot, but they were all the exact same thing.
    You definitely went to a bad dealership and/or had a bad salesman. While it doesn't account for not liking the CVT (I don't like them either, especially with a naturally aspirated engine), the dealer failed to provide you with a contrast.

I drove an FXT for over 2 years and loved the thing. And now I'm on to my 2nd WRX (I keep leasing cars) and went with the hatch. I will likely buy this one at the end.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    You definitely went to a bad dealership and/or had a bad salesman. While it doesn't account for not liking the CVT (I don't like them either, especially with a naturally aspirated engine), the dealer failed to provide you with a contrast.

I drove an FXT for over 2 years and loved the thing. And now I'm on to my 2nd WRX (I keep leasing cars) and went with the hatch. I will likely buy this one at the end.
    Find a better dealer for sure. We have one dealer in the area that stocks tons of manuals. They're hard to get according to the dealer; they actually put in fake special orders under fake names to get them I guess. The funny thing about this is most of the people buying manuals live in hilly San Francisco! Gotta love the hill holder clutch. Test drive something smaller with the manual - the 5 or 6 speed makes these cars seem semi zippy (to me) and the boxer rumbles when pushed hard.

b a n n e d
    Find a better dealer for sure. We have one dealer in the area that stocks tons of manuals. They're hard to get according to the dealer; they actually put in fake special orders under fake names to get them I guess. The funny thing about this is most of the people buying manuals live in hilly San Francisco! Gotta love the hill holder clutch. Test drive something smaller with the manual - the 5 or 6 speed makes these cars seem semi zippy (to me) and the boxer rumbles when pushed hard.
    Just to put some perspective on things, when I ordered my first two subaru's, I told the dealer what I wanted and he did a NATIONWIDE inventory search, found me the car and arranged a dealer trade to have it shipped to me.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

RUN Le Pirate RUN, as the dealer you visited is clueless and while it is true that some models are harder to come by, paying more for an MT model is BS. Find a better dealer for a better experience...

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Any salesman that ever tells you that a manual tranny is extra in the US is an idiot and I'd either walk out or ask for a salesman that wasn't a moron. You can order one with whatever you want in it from the dealer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Guilty!! I have a 2006 Impreza Wagon. Just put on a hitch so that I can carry my bike around.

mtbr member
    May 2011

My thoughts:

Take a look at the new XV Crosstrek. I absolutely love mine.

Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast