Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2710
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gtiboy87 View Post
    With some friends at Micheux state forest riding the curse of Dark Hollow.
    Like I said in the other thread, that bugeye is damn sexy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, that bugeye is damn sexy!
    But was quoting the picture right after it being posted really beneficial to your post? This isn't Nasioc.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    This isn't Nasioc.
    Troof!
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Not knowing anything about WRX's...I always thought the intercooler was where the hood scoop is. In that picture above, the bug eye looks like it has the intercooler at the front. Does this mean the air intake is run up to the hood scoop?

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post
    Not knowing anything about WRX's...I always thought the intercooler was where the hood scoop is. In that picture above, the bug eye looks like it has the intercooler at the front. Does this mean the air intake is run up to the hood scoop?
    The stock position is under the hoodscoop, that bugeye has been modified.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    The stock position is under the hoodscoop, that bugeye has been modified.
    I see. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    finally bit the bullet and got a full yakima setup for my hatch. Nice to put the muddy bike outside of the car for a change. I did clinch the cheeks going under the first few overpasses on the parkway though not used to having something on the roof that high.

IMG_0597 by nyrangerfan222, on Flickr

Noobiker..
    Jan 2013
    I guess I need 10 posts to put up a pic.. Oh well I'll get there..

'11 SSM STi.

mtbr member
    May 2011

mtbr member
    I did until I realized I wanted a REAL four wheel drive system with low range. Opted for a Toyota Tacoma instead.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    I did until I realized I wanted a REAL four wheel drive system with low range. Opted for a Toyota Tacoma instead.
    I really wish Subaru would give us a low range like they do or did Down Under. I can make my Forester go places it shouldn't really go, but the tall gears are lacking off road.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    I really wish Subaru would give us a low range like they do or did Down Under. I can make my Forester go places it shouldn't really go, but the tall gears are lacking off road.
    That kinda sounds like I am dissing Subaru. I'm not, I loved my Outback for around down on snowy/icy roads.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    I was all set to buy a Tacoma until I stumbled upon my Subaru. The Tacoma had everything I wanted except good gas mileage. My XV offers that and the towing, 4x4/AWD, and standard transmission I wanted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
    I was all set to buy a Tacoma until I stumbled upon my Subaru. The Tacoma had everything I wanted except good gas mileage. My XV offers that and the towing, 4x4/AWD, and standard transmission I wanted.
    Looks like a nice car. Hard to go wrong with Subaru, although I'd still like a low range.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    I had the exact same experience with the Tacoma. Nice truck!, but the gas milage would have killed me at the pump.
    My Outback with the 3.6 gets 30 MPG on the highway.
    With the 3.6, the AWD is as close to 4WD as you can get IMHO, as the center diff (VTD) is computer controlled and will send power where needed.
    Pulling my boat out of the water at some crappy boat-ramps down here, I have very rarely experienced even one wheel losing traction..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    That is awesome, great car too. I dearly want one. On the Yakima system, the investment is worth it. My Yakima rails, box, bike and ski holders are 10 years old and still working great. I store them in the garage in the off-season for each sport. I've had to buy new tower mounts a few times because I got different cars, but the rest of the equipment still works great.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    I had the exact same experience with the Tacoma. Nice truck!, but the gas milage would have killed me at the pump.
    My Outback with the 3.6 gets 30 MPG on the highway.
    With the 3.6, the AWD is as close to 4WD as you can get IMHO, as the center diff (VTD) is computer controlled and will send power where needed.
    Pulling my boat out of the water at some crappy boat-ramps down here, I have very rarely experienced even one wheel losing traction..
    I actually heard great things about the Outback and that's what brought me to the Subaru website. It was October when I started searching for a new vehicle so it was right around the release of the XV Crosstrek. I saw the orange one right when the page opened and I immediately wanted to read more about it. I found the Outback was a little bigger than what I needed. I really liked the WRX, but need to tow my bikes(motorcycles). The XV fit my needs and had everything I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by InlawBiker View Post
    That is awesome, great car too. I dearly want one. On the Yakima system, the investment is worth it. My Yakima rails, box, bike and ski holders are 10 years old and still working great. I store them in the garage in the off-season for each sport. I've had to buy new tower mounts a few times because I got different cars, but the rest of the equipment still works great.
    Good to hear as I bought both the Highroller and a Yakima snowboard/ski rack. I have to say I was EXTREMELY nervous the first couple times using both. It seems as though the tray twists and allows some side to side movement, but the bike doesn't go anywhere. I was also just imagining my boards flying off on the highway. I feel better about using them now

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    ^ Glad you like the XV!! Nice vehicle too! The WRX is super cool, but it won't do for my business and besides that, towing with that car is not an option. Not that it couldn't, but who would use a sports-car as an SUV??
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

b a n n e d
    Good to hear as I bought both the Highroller and a Yakima snowboard/ski rack. I have to say I was EXTREMELY nervous the first couple times using both. It seems as though the tray twists and allows some side to side movement, but the bike doesn't go anywhere. I was also just imagining my boards flying off on the highway. I feel better about using them now
    I have the High Roller as well and yes, there is lateral movement going over curbs, bumps, aprons, etc. but I've never had the bike go anyway, and to be honest I'd rather have that motion transferred to the bike tray as opposed to the fork dropouts. Use the cable lock as added security, but I've never had an issue.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    I was wondering if any of you guys had an opinion on the new CVTs?

I'm car hunting and the Outback and Forrester are on my list, but my wife doesn't want another MT, and the auto option on both are CVTs. The only one I've ever driven was an early nissan, and I didn't like it...but I'm hoping they've gotten better over the years.

Just nervous about the reliability. The dealer says they're completely maintenance free, but that is hard to believe.

I'd prefer a MT, but my vote often doesn't count in our household

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Pirate View Post

I'm car hunting and the Outback and Forrester are on my list, but my wife doesn't want another MT, and the auto option on both are CVTs. The only one I've ever driven was an early nissan, and I didn't like it...but I'm hoping they've gotten better over the years.

Just nervous about the reliability. The dealer says they're completely maintenance free, but that is hard to believe.

You need to convert your wife. My wife only drives manuals now. The CVT is supposed to be quite good - surely much better than that old dog of a 4 speed auto they'd been using. The old trans was an early 90s unit.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Pirate View Post

I am a manual guy myself, but I read nothing but good things about the CVT during my research experience. Apparently the newer CVT transmissions are leagues better than the older stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    You need to convert your wife. My wife only drives manuals now. The CVT is supposed to be quite good - surely much better than that old dog of a 4 speed auto they'd been using. The old trans was an early 90s unit.
    She can drive them. We've only had manuals up until now. But, as she'll be driving it more than me...I told her we could get an auto.

Sometimes you have to pick your battles

skobiken
    Jun 2009
    I wanted a manual until I drove the cvt. I had a chance to spend about five hours driving a friend's new outback last weekend. I'm sold. Cruise Control with the cvt works better than anything I've driven.

The lack of shifting is odd at first, but you get used to it. It does make the car feel a little more sluggish than it actually is. It handles pretty well, just doesn't feel very quick.

I drove a forester a year or so ago and, IMO, the outback blows it away. The forester is a little more sporty feeling, but the outback is much more comfortable, more roomy and just feels more solid. Not to mention the better mileage. To me, the decision would be a no-brainer.
    Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither. - Ben Franklin

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The CVT seems cool, but old habits die hard and I've been driving manuals since I was 13 and first learned to drive.

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LastLast