Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2777
  1. #1976
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Well, it looks nice and clean like that! I sure wouldn't want to mess that up, so I'd go hitch, ever day and sunday.
    Thanks man, I've tossed around the hitch idea as well. I've been throwing the bike inside for the past year because I haven't been able to decide on which to go with hitch vs roof (Thule vs Yakima is another headache in itself). The hitch I didn't want to cut bumper plus didn't want Subaru to try and use that against me in any potential warranty coverage being that they don't recommend hitches/towing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1977
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrangerfan222 View Post
    Thanks man, I've tossed around the hitch idea as well. I've been throwing the bike inside for the past year because I haven't been able to decide on which to go with hitch vs roof (Thule vs Yakima is another headache in itself). The hitch I didn't want to cut bumper plus didn't want Subaru to try and use that against me in any potential warranty coverage being that they don't recommend hitches/towing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Subaru, or any other manufacturer, can't deny warranty claims because of the hitch you installed unless you rip the frame rails out when you attempt to tow a 10K# trailer. The Moss Magnussen act prevents this. The same law prevents the manufacturers from denying warranty claims because you do your own maintenance. Just KEEP all the receipts!!!
    I have a 4000# rated, 2" hitch on my OB and now my dealer is installing them too, as the factory hitch sucks and is overpriced. If you just have a hitch to put a bike-rack on you should be fine.
    4000 # is the tow limit for most 3.6 Outbacks outside the USA BTW. YMMV
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  3. #1978
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,420
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrangerfan222 View Post
    loving my 2012 wrx, still cant decide on which roof rack setup to get, thule, yakima, or oem... anyone have any recommendations?


    IMG_0328-1 by nyrangerfan222, on Flickr
    I got a hitch rack on mine (2012 WRX Sedan) with a 1-Up rack.

  4. #1979
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho View Post
    I got a hitch rack on mine (2012 WRX Sedan) with a 1-Up rack.
    Yeah, but on the hatch, it requires a "bumper modification" that I don't think you have to do on the sedan. Your setup is pretty sweet though, thats for sure.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  5. #1980
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43

  6. #1981
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by gtiboy87 View Post
    Time to update your screen name . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  7. #1982
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    ^ lol I still have my GTI and i am also on golfmkv forum. HOWEVER, the GTI is under the knife for the 3rd time now. Last build and its staying as a track car.

  8. #1983
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    I always liked VW's but compared to the WRX, it was more money up front to get into one . . . plus I had to have AWD when I lived in MI, and since the first Subie, I'm hooked . . . on my 3rd one now.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  9. #1984
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,091
    I'm very interested in a BRZ when the STi version comes out?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  10. #1985
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I'm very interested in a BRZ when the STi version comes out?
    Bentley not cuttin' it any more

    Yeah, you and the rest of the Subaru/Toyota cult following! If I know one thing though, its do NOT buy the 1st gen of ANYTHING Subaru . . . as is, its a FUN car to drive, but its really underpowered IMO. Adding some forced induction would do WONDERS for the thing.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  11. #1986
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,091
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Bentley not cuttin' it any more

    Yeah, you and the rest of the Subaru/Toyota cult following! If I know one thing though, its do NOT buy the 1st gen of ANYTHING Subaru . . . as is, its a FUN car to drive, but its really underpowered IMO. Adding some forced induction would do WONDERS for the thing.
    Yeah, that thing was a gas hog! Do you mean a generation or a year? I can wait an extra year, not sure about a generation.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  12. #1987
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by gtiboy87 View Post
    ^ lol I still have my GTI and i am also on golfmkv forum. HOWEVER, the GTI is under the knife for the 3rd time now. Last build and its staying as a track car.
    Traded my white '08 autobahn package MKV GTI last year for a 2011 WRX. It was my 6th GTI not counting a Mk IV R32, and this is my 3rd turbo Subaru. Love German cars and considered a Golf R, but the bang for the buck of the base WRX is hard to beat for a no frills performance car. I bet if you took a poll you would find that many WRX and Sti owners have previously owned GTI's (probably the inverse is true too).

  13. #1988
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    I def love my WRX and the GTI is sitting in my garage apart. It is a dedicated road car (track) 6pt cage, two kirkey seats, harness, entire back is gutted etc... I have all original receipts of parts for the gti on its last full build totaling 15K. If i had to do it all over, i would choose the wrx and dump the same amount of money in to that car. I would have a track MONSTER! The gti is equipped with an APR stg3 set-up and was one of the first in the US to have the kit back in 2008. I am debating my next build for that car and what direction i want to move in. I have two local friends that both have red mkv gti's running 600+ fwhp dedicated drag usuage. I rode in the one and it is just plain scary. We did a 3rd gear pull and did not reach traction until 120 mph, SWEAR TO GOD. My two friends have done some AMAZING things with those two cars and doing so all on their OWN out of a simple house garage. Granted my one friend works as an engineer for a reputable company and his family/dad used to build drag cars at a professional level (not really sure on the total history of that) and both have some brains lol They have been knocked by various tuning groups for lying about their power outputs etc... I can verify personally lol There is no lying or BS, but neither care about what other shops say. Some of the shops get on the forums and try to knock them, but the proof is all right there lol ANYWAY, Gf uses my tundra for work. Currently looking for an automatic wrx for her. I tried teaching her how to drive manual, but i would feel more comfortable with her being in something automatic, that she is comfortable driving.

  14. #1989
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Yeah, that thing was a gas hog! Do you mean a generation or a year? I can wait an extra year, not sure about a generation.
    Just a model year . . . give em' a year to work out all the bugs. Though from what I hear, the BRZs don't have many known quirks. This could be a reflection of the fact that only a few thousand cars were sold stateside though.

    Rumor has it the STI BRZ might be available late 2013 as a 2014MY. If that's the case, I'd wait until late 2014 to get a 2015MY. Just my .02.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  15. #1990
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    282
    If the car can't hook up until 120 then they obviously spent their money in the wrong places. All that power is useless if you can't put it to the ground.


    .....also roll racing is for people who can't drive

  16. #1991
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by gtiboy87 View Post
    I def love my WRX and the GTI is sitting in my garage apart. It is a dedicated road car (track) 6pt cage, two kirkey seats, harness, entire back is gutted etc... I have all original receipts of parts for the gti on its last full build totaling 15K. If i had to do it all over, i would choose the wrx and dump the same amount of money in to that car. I would have a track MONSTER! The gti is equipped with an APR stg3 set-up and was one of the first in the US to have the kit back in 2008. I am debating my next build for that car and what direction i want to move in. I have two local friends that both have red mkv gti's running 600+ fwhp dedicated drag usuage. I rode in the one and it is just plain scary. We did a 3rd gear pull and did not reach traction until 120 mph, SWEAR TO GOD. My two friends have done some AMAZING things with those two cars and doing so all on their OWN out of a simple house garage. Granted my one friend works as an engineer for a reputable company and his family/dad used to build drag cars at a professional level (not really sure on the total history of that) and both have some brains lol They have been knocked by various tuning groups for lying about their power outputs etc... I can verify personally lol There is no lying or BS, but neither care about what other shops say. Some of the shops get on the forums and try to knock them, but the proof is all right there lol ANYWAY, Gf uses my tundra for work. Currently looking for an automatic wrx for her. I tried teaching her how to drive manual, but i would feel more comfortable with her being in something automatic, that she is comfortable driving.
    Consider a 2004/2005 Forester XT with auto? I saw a nice 2005 the other day at a dealer with auto. I had a 2005 mt5 FXT and had all of the STI parts on it. That is one great all-rounder vehicle that can haul bikes inside and out and be a really great sleeper performance-wise.

  17. #1992
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,091
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Just a model year . . . give em' a year to work out all the bugs. Though from what I hear, the BRZs don't have many known quirks. This could be a reflection of the fact that only a few thousand cars were sold stateside though.

    Rumor has it the STI BRZ might be available late 2013 as a 2014MY. If that's the case, I'd wait until late 2014 to get a 2015MY. Just my .02.
    That's about the time I want to buy something new. I going to have a hard time picking a color with this car. It's weird, I like the traditional Subaru blue with gold wheels. But I'm not a lover of blue cars or really, blue anything. But, I really like white or black with black wheels.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  18. #1993
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by N10S View Post
    Consider a 2004/2005 Forester XT with auto? I saw a nice 2005 the other day at a dealer with auto. I had a 2005 mt5 FXT and had all of the STI parts on it. That is one great all-rounder vehicle that can haul bikes inside and out and be a really great sleeper performance-wise.
    Or better yet, get a current gen FXT. I had a 2010 Forester XT and LOVED the thing. It was amply large enough for bikes, had the same drivetrain as a WRX (the previous gen @ 224HP) and came with a 4EAT. Wasn't the fastest thing around, but it definitely held its own against the other soccer moms
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  19. #1994
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    That's about the time I want to buy something new. I going to have a hard time picking a color with this car. It's weird, I like the traditional Subaru blue with gold wheels. But I'm not a lover of blue cars or really, blue anything. But, I really like white or black with black wheels.
    WRB FTW

    The Satin White Pearl, however, is an AWESOME color. I would have gotten that, but my Forester was that color and I just couldn't have the same color car twice. Whatever you get though, be damn sure to get the door cups clearbra'd . . . trust me.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  20. #1995
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,091
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    WRB FTW

    The Satin White Pearl, however, is an AWESOME color. I would have gotten that, but my Forester was that color and I just couldn't have the same color car twice. Whatever you get though, be damn sure to get the door cups clearbra'd . . . trust me.
    You mean inside the door handles?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  21. #1996
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,658

  22. #1997
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    You mean inside the door handles?
    Yeah . . . I had a dark grey metallic WRX (another great color) and a satin white pearl Forester each for 3 years and on both of them, inside the door cups (concave surface behind the handles) were super scratched and very noticeable. So on the current WRX, I had 3M clearbra applied (worked a deal to get it done for free when I had my windows tinted).
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  23. #1998
    MTB Newbie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    574
    From now on I will avoit the 4EAT like the plague. Gears are so far spaced out with a non-turbo the thing is a dog and is always hunting when driving in the mountains.

  24. #1999
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    From now on I will avoit the 4EAT like the plague. Gears are so far spaced out with a non-turbo the thing is a dog and is always hunting when driving in the mountains.
    It has a manual mode as well...YMMV though..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  25. #2000
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    With some friends at Micheux state forest riding the curse of Dark Hollow.

Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •